Flawless Battle-Stone

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Quarters
Top Rater
Flawless Battle-Stone

Post by Quarters » October 24th, 2013, 7:00 pm

Hey all,

So while trying to catch a rare quality Fel Flame, I received a Flawless Battle-Stone after a normal pet battle. I'm now too scared to use it :| any suggestions on what I should/could use it on? I was thinking Proto-Drake Whelp, because it looks awesome and I want a rare so bad... but are there any other pets that are more worthwhile/could be difficult to make rare in the future? Feel free to browse my collection and give me your thoughts on the matter.

Cheers,
Quarters

Milkywind
Pet Score:3314
Realm:Gorgonnash-us

Re: Flawless Battle-Stone

Post by Milkywind » October 24th, 2013, 10:52 pm

if you're planning to upgrade all your uncommon pets (the ones not catchable in the wild and which can only be rare after you upgrade), I suggest you save your flawless stones until you upgraded the majority of your pets.

This is a rough estimate. Not Exact.

There are:
33 Critters
30 Flyers
27 Beasts
25 Mechanical
18 Magic
17 Aquatic
8 Dragon
6 Elemental
5 Undead
5 Humanoid

So it make sense not to use a flawless on Dragons, Elementals, Undeads,or Humans.

I've been slowly leveling my pets doing the daily trainers every day. I usually get 0-5 stones after I'm done with all of them.

I'm now down to needing:
9 Beasts
4 Critters
10 Flying
1 Mechnical

I've never used a flawless stone and I still have 4 in my bank.

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » October 24th, 2013, 11:12 pm

When I first got into pet-battles/collecting I also wanted to upgrade the Proto-Drake Whelp. But you can catch a rare Emerald Proto-Drake Whelp, have a better rare quality drake (better for pet-battles), and still have that look. Only difference is that the emerald is green. But he's a mean green! :D

You might want to check out this list in making your choice:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... f=2&t=2978

Personally, this early into pet collecting, I would recommend you hang onto that stone until you get to know all the pets better. What you use a stone on will depend entirely on you. But you may ask yourself first what you intend to do in the future.

a) Will I get into pet PVP?
b) Would I like to get into the Timeless Tournament to get the Celestial Pets?
c) I don't care about either of those, and just want to collect wild pets.

If you chose either a or b, you might want to use that stone wisely, as some pets are far better at battles than others.

From the list above, here are some of the better battle-pets that need a stone to make rare.

Azure Crane Chick (P/P or S/S)
Cornish Rex Cat (P/P)
Curious Wolver Pup
Death Adder Hatchling (P/P or S/S)
Enchanted Broom
Gilnean Raven (S/S)
Legs
Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
Red Dragonhawk Hatchling (P/S)
Sen'Jin Fetish
Scooter the Snail (though you can catch "Shimmershell Snail" in the same breed)
Silver Dragonhawk Hatchling (S/S)
Yellow Moth (P/P)

Those are the best battle-worthy Uncommon only pets (forgive me if I left any out).

. . .And then there are wild pets that you may find it very difficult to obtain depending on your server. On high-pop servers you will have a hard time getting a Minfernal or a Jade Oozeling in any breed, let alone a good breed.

But in the end, as you battle you will be sure to pick up more stones. The stones that aren't marked for a particular pet family... well, most of us wouldn't use one on just anything, as the poster above me pointed out. :D

Quarters
Top Rater

Post by Quarters » October 25th, 2013, 12:10 am

Thanks for the feedback all!

@Milkywind I don't consider myself a hardcore pet collector/battler, and I don't think I'll ever attempt to have all pets in rare quality, so I don't think that this will matter - but the list you linked is very useful, thanks :)

@Jamesdevlin Fortunately for me I was able to farm a rare Jade Oozeling, unfortunately it's only B/B. But nonetheless it's part of my current team (I'm still yet to get any pets to 25). I do have a S/S Silver Dragonhawk Hatchling and a P/P Yellow Moth, so I may use it on one of those... or I'll still go for the Proto, just because I want him so much.

I think I'll just have to do the dailies to get more stones and hope for a flying or dragonkin stone to make my decision easier.

Post by Guest » October 25th, 2013, 5:24 am

Personally I used mine on my Feline Familiar (starts as green) because I NEVER EVER EVER get "beast" stones. (I have hundreds of critter stones).
I personally use stones on pets that you simply cannot catch as rare (vendor pets, drop pets that start green like some of the timeless isle pets etc). Once all of these pets are blue, I move onto the hard to find ones etc and once those are done I move onto "anything else".

If you're not a serious collector then it doesn't really matter. Use it on your favourite pet!

PS: Also because it's not been mentioned. Keep in mind that the Flawless Battle-Stone is not BOUND. (You can sell it on the AH)

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » October 25th, 2013, 7:10 am

Haevlyn wrote:Personally I used mine on my Feline Familiar (starts as green) because I NEVER EVER EVER get "beast" stones. (I have hundreds of critter stones).
You know you can turn 3 critters stones into a (bound) generic flawless, right?

Hoopie
Pet Score:1887
BattleTag®:Hoopie#1517
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Hoopie » October 26th, 2013, 9:58 pm

I just check for which one sells for the most and then level it to 25, use a stone on it and sell it

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » November 17th, 2013, 2:50 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, Jamesdevlin!
Mingyao on Madoran

Post by Guest » November 19th, 2013, 6:16 am

Rendigar wrote:
Haevlyn wrote:Personally I used mine on my Feline Familiar (starts as green) because I NEVER EVER EVER get "beast" stones. (I have hundreds of critter stones).
You know you can turn 3 critters stones into a (bound) generic flawless, right?
Yes, But I've been trading them 1 for 1 with other people (they stone my flyers, I stone their critters).
This way you get 2 extra stones instead!