How is Apocalypse missing Ti'un?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Ilyenna
Top Rater
Pet Score:11711
Realm:Argent Dawn-us
How is Apocalypse missing Ti'un?

Post by Ilyenna » October 23rd, 2013, 11:45 pm

Has anyone run into an issue with the beetle ability of Apocalypse missing when you're fighting with Ti'un?

Tonight while working my way through the pet battle dailies I've had Apocalypse miss Ti'un 5 battles in a row...5 of them. :evil: there were no hit chance debuffs up and I've doen this fight on pretty much a daily basis and have beaten Ti'un easily with this. But tonight it frustrated me to the point that I gave up and moved on to beat up the pets of the Burning Pandaren Spirit.

Any one else running into this issue or have any suggestions how else i can beat this stupid turtle?

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Re: How is Apocalypse missing Ti'un?

Post by Nagini » October 24th, 2013, 12:38 am

was the beetle/roach casting apocalypse still alive when it fell? if the roach/beetle dies, it will miss.

Ilyenna
Top Rater
Pet Score:11711
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Ilyenna » October 24th, 2013, 12:41 am

Nagini wrote:was the beetle/roach casting apocalypse still alive when it fell? if the roach/beetle dies, it will miss.
You know, I'm not sure...if it needs to be alive that may have been the problem. but i think for at least a couple of the attempts it was alive and it missed.

I may be wrong though.

Thanks! :D

Post by Guest » October 24th, 2013, 2:55 am

I don't think Apocalypse works on Legendary pets anymore. I remember using this tactic the first time and the second time i tried (weeks later) it didn't work.

Ti'un isn't difficult to beat with a normal team anyway you just need Flyers with hard hitting Aquatic abilities such as Nocturnal Strike and Peck

I use -
Darkmoon Zepplin (Flyby, Explode, Decoy) - Decoy, Flyby (Flyby until the round before you die), Explode.
Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling (Lift-Off, Peck) - Lift-Off on CD, Peck
Crow (I don't think I even got to my Crow, but) (Peck, Call Darkness, Nocturnal Strike) - CD, NS, Peck until dead.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » October 24th, 2013, 5:34 am

Several of the teams listed in [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7556#p57983]here[/url] are good against Ti'un and will do it quickly. The link is to Part 7 of the 5.4 Guide to Master Tamer (levelling) + Beasts of Fable over in the guides section. I personally have been using the explode team with an H/H minfernal and H/H netherspace abyssal lately, but the burst teams work fine, too. You just have to NOT get unlucky and have Ti'un open up with a 2nd use of Pump when you bring your Pandaren Water Spirit out if you use the burst teams.

As others have posted a group of 3 solid flyers, especially with evade abilities like Lift-Off, can work really well. Just avoid multi-hit attacks like [ability]Slicing Wind[/ability] because his shield negates too much of the damage.

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » October 26th, 2013, 12:03 am

"How is Apocalypse missing" . . .in ANY battle?

I will answer your question for you. :D

This is yet another one of those cases wherein Blizzard needs to use the same dictionary the rest of the world uses, as they have a very funky definition of what "100%" means. I decided to pull out a roach and use it. EVERY SINGLE STINKING TIME apocalypse missed.

Now I can see how this would happen if a pet uses an ability that brings down my hit chance, or if I am lower level. But every single time, when the enemy is not bringing down my hit, and I'm the same level?

As a result, I stopped using this ability entirely because Blizz' definition of 100% is quite askew.

Redacted
Pet Score:11875
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Redacted » October 28th, 2013, 11:52 am

Ilyenna,

I notice you have a Ethereal Soul-Trader. May I suggest you level him to 25 and try him with [2,1,2] on Ti'un. ;)

Post by Guest » October 29th, 2013, 10:58 am

Any Zandalari raptor with Black Claw and Hunting Party can solo Ti'un with a little RNG luck. 2 raptors is a guaranteed kill.

I've taken to using a Kneebiter and an Anklerender, both with BC/HP and he's dead in 4-5 rounds.