Your 3 Best PvP Pet line up?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Mottomoot
MVP
Pet Score:12204
Realm:Uldaman-us
Your 3 Best PvP Pet line up?

Post by Mottomoot » October 17th, 2013, 8:27 pm

I would like to suggest a Topic of Ones' 3 best PvP Pet groups. I seem to have this curse that makes sure whatever 3 Pets I choose, my opponent has the 3 exact Pets designed to Lay Waste to my Pets. I am curious as to what you "Pros" use and why. I have a lot of pets with 3 of each for some of the "really good ones" (well, the ones I think are the "really good ones". Runts, Qiraji Gaurdlings and Proto Whelps etc.).

12/13/2013 very late at night.
Hmmm, did ok with:
Unborn Valkry
Baneling
Magical Crawdad (Push Crawdad out and heal, then toss Baneling out.)
Last edited by Mottomoot on December 13th, 2013, 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ligre
Pet Score:3056
BattleTag®:EricS#1876
Realm:Sargeras-us

Re: Your 3 Best PvP Pet line up?

Post by Ligre » October 17th, 2013, 9:46 pm

Funny you should mention Qiraji Guardlings and Kun-Lai Runts... :P

Frosty...Kun-Lai Runt...Wolpertinger - my Stunbomb team, and the jackelope is there to mop up most of the time

Qiraji Guardling...Living Sandling...Skywisp Moth - I call this comp "Windburn"...win or lose, it's guaranteed to annoy

I've gotten a good amount of wins with both of these teams. Some of them come down to the wire, and sometimes they don't, lol. RNG plays a huge part in just about any contest; it sucks lot of the time, but without it, matches would probably end up boring.

Sharleendk
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Sharleendk » October 18th, 2013, 8:38 am

Team 1

Unborn Val'kyr (Shadow Slash / Curse of Doom / Haunt)
Lil' Ragnaros ( Sulfuras Smash / Magma Trap / Flamethrower)
Arctic Hare (Flurry / Dodge / Burrow)

*Extremely weak against aquatic healers and pets faster than the Arctic Hare (522 speed) or pets that have surge or similar attacks*

Team 2

Blighthawk (Infected Fang / Ghostly Bite / Lift-Off
Lil' Ragnaros (Sulfurus Smash / Magma Trap / Flamethrower)
Gilnean Raven (Peck / Call Darkness / Nocturnal Strike)

*Good all-around*

Team 3
Darkmoon Zeppelin (Missile / Explode / Decoy)
Darkmoon Zeppelin (Missile / Explode / Decoy)
Darkmoon Tonk (Missile / Shock and Awe / Ion Cannon)

*extremely weak against elementals and faster pets*

I did 50 games with my number 1 team yesterday, won 46 out of these. 2 of my losses where due to using Haunt at the same time as my opponent but starting 2nd (both pets same speed). Other 2 losses due to Aquatic Healers.

Mottomoot
MVP
Pet Score:12204
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Mottomoot » October 23rd, 2013, 5:37 pm

Wow,
I actually won one with;
Darkmoon Tonk......land mines come in handy
Artic Rabbit..........Dodge and his ability to hit 2 to 3 times makes this guy fearsome.
Magical Crawdad

As mentioned above Qiraji Gaurdlings are versatile, in fact on Farmer Nishi (daily), 1 Qiraji Gaurdling takes out the Singing Sunflower and Terrible Turnip just by casting Sand Storm and then Hit.

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » October 24th, 2013, 11:41 am

I actually use an Unborn Val'kyr, Clockwork Gnome, Zandalari Toenibbler. Curse and then Haunt. Bring in the Gnome, and put up a turret. Switch to toenibbler who will usually burn down at least two pets and still be able to black claw the third before going down. Bring the gnome back for another turret, and easily burn down their third pet. Takes a few turns to set up the combo, but once its going, the toenibbler is hitting for 600 to 800 every round, the turret hits for another 450, and I've got the speed advantage

The only team that I've really struggled against with this setup are the ones with three Direhorns. Those go down to the wire every time

Shagina
Top Rater
Pet Score:3992
Realm:Grim Batol-eu

Post by Shagina » October 24th, 2013, 5:01 pm

Been running a core of Fiendish Imp and Bones spider for some time, with a variety of pets for the 3rd slot. Recently I tried out the Death Adder Hatchling (S/S breed) and it's by far the best one I've tried so far. It adds even more disruption to the team and quite heavy burst despite the SS breed (and at 341 speed there aren't many pets that are faster). I know this type of setup gets a lot of flak, but I find it to be very fun to play as it's very flexible and versatile.