Ghost Iron Lockboxes -- Level 1 Characters

Discuss anything else pertaining to WoW.
Ruststorm
Top Rater
Pet Score:5021
Realm:Nagrand-eu
Ghost Iron Lockboxes -- Level 1 Characters

Post by Ruststorm » October 23rd, 2013, 8:20 am

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering whether i'm the only one who noticed that random level 1 characters are willing to buy Ghost Iron Lockboxes for at least 150g each...?

I truly hope this has nothing to do with hacks and/or duping.. :S It's making me a sad panda really :cry:

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Re: Ghost Iron Lockboxes -- Level 1 Characters

Post by Dragonwizard » October 23rd, 2013, 9:42 am

It might be due to the fact that the 40+gold you get out of each lockbox counts towards the (collect X amount of gold) achievement. But that is just a guess.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Ruststorm
Top Rater

Post by Ruststorm » October 23rd, 2013, 10:07 am

Dragonwizard wrote:It might be due to the fact that the 40+gold you get out of each lockbox counts towards the (collect X amount of gold) achievement. But that is just a guess.
OF course that could be a reason... However, why doing that on a level 1 character with silly (nonexistend) names?

Skyquake
MVP
Pet Score:4379
BattleTag®:Seamus#1218
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Skyquake » October 23rd, 2013, 5:18 pm

I'm one of the auction house mavens on my realm. One of my competitors has been doing that for ages and is coy about why. But he or she is a real player. I doubt it's a hack/ bot thing.

Ruststorm
Top Rater

Post by Ruststorm » October 24th, 2013, 1:06 am

Well, i certainly hope it's got nothing to do with hacking/duping. However, i'm still wondering why a level 1 would buy something like that and why he's unable to speak proper english and refuses to give an answer to the "why you need that" question...

Pigeon
Pet Score:2485
BattleTag®:Pandabbit#1670
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Pigeon » November 29th, 2013, 1:57 pm

Sorry to sorta raise this post after a month but...

I have a bunch of friends and I used to personally use 1 alt for all banking/AH purposes. And it would hold all my gold and items that I wasn't using. It just makes gold tracking easier to have a bank and AH alt instead of spreading your work over 11 characters and having to check each one daily to make sure you missed nothing.
"My hotel is haunted. I saw a sheet on the floor, it must have been a ghost that had passed out…so I kicked it!"