Best Speed Pets List?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us
Best Speed Pets List?

Post by Abashera » October 19th, 2013, 3:13 am

Hello guys and gals. I've been wanting to put together a full list of pets that are best with speed. Please feel free to talk about the pets you use extreme speed hybrids, and what abilities you use that make them particularly suited to the breed.

I've leveled a lot of power breed pets. But I'm currently experimenting with speed breeds. When I do the Pet-Tamer Bloodknight Antari in Outland every day I take a P/P Emerald Proto-Whelp (who actually managed soloed the whole fight yesterday), I swap in a leveling pet when my Emerald dies (which is most of the time), and I finish up with a P/P Emperor Crab. I always level an Aquatic in this fight because they have good armor against the last two pets.

But today for my leveling pet I used an Aqua Strider (S/S). When you fight Netherbite you can never guess when he's going to dodge/evade, and thus you will miss on almost every hard hit from the P/P Emperor Crab. But because the Aqua Strider is fast, he always hits before Netherbite can dodge/evade. Downing him was actually far easier with him still leveling than it is with my level 25 Emperor.

So. . . I want to level up more fast pets. I already have some fast rabbits leveled, and a couple fast snakes. What other pets are best with speed.

(Though I won't give up my P/P Flayer, even though I'm leveling an S/S. The P/P always goes second, but he hits hard when he hits. :))

Keavy
Top Rater
Pet Score:3862
Realm:Ahn'Qiraj-eu

Re: Best Speed Pets List?

Post by Keavy » October 19th, 2013, 11:11 am

The Hopling is S/S and AWESOME against Antari in Shadowmoon. His Poison Lash will remove the shield that holds against an attack without you having to vaste your turn.

Other pets that are nice for trainers and BoF in S/S breeds are Cogblade Raptor and ofc any Rabbit.

Koboi
Pet Score:5076
Realm:Die Aldor-eu

Post by Koboi » October 19th, 2013, 11:39 am

Not only is the cheetah one of the fastest animals IRL - for the [pet]Cheetah Cub[/pet] in game this is also true. Nice, isn't it?

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » October 19th, 2013, 1:54 pm

S/S Fiendish Imp
S/S or P/S Death Adder Hatchling

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » October 19th, 2013, 4:32 pm

S/S Nordrassil Wisp - I use it against the trainers in Kun-Lai, Krasarang and Uldum. Speed is key as you want to blind your opponent before they can strike. Also used it for quite a while in my Darkness/Blind pvp team, up to the 250 wins mark. :)

Skyquake
MVP
Pet Score:4379
BattleTag®:Seamus#1218
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Skyquake » October 20th, 2013, 3:01 pm

Humanoid: SS Flayer Youngling. It comes in a modest 9 breeds, so just stone the first SS you find.

Aquatic: SS Leopard Tree Frog. The perfect generic hard counter to Undead.

Post by Guest » October 23rd, 2013, 10:04 am

I was seriously surprised by this but a [pet]Tolai Hare[/pet] makes a very good pet.

Flurry, Dodge and Burrow along with the fact it almost always goes first you can use the abilities in the Dodge > Flurry> Burrow > Flurry order meaning you only really get hit 2 times in 4 rounds.
Because the speed breed is so fast, Flurry will almost always get that extra hit too.