Celetial Tournament guide

Discuss the official WarcraftPets guild and Discord channel.
Pet Score:2958
Realm:Madoran-us
Celetial Tournament guide

Post by » October 13th, 2013, 6:30 pm

10/13 (sunday) threw 10/19 (Saturday)
Fú- (warcraftpets) will be helping a few guildies threw the Celestial Turnamant late tonight and this week (10pm western time). This is the list of all pets and their abilities I used to beat each boss for rounds one and two. I used then in order from 1-3. Wisper me all this week for a walk threw once you have these pets at lvl 25 :mrgreen:

Round one bosses
DR. ion (also beats LiL oondasta)
1- 1-Clockwork Gnome-metal fist, blitz, build turret
2- 2-Sunfire micro sentry-Fel immolate, haywire, call lighting
3- 3-Darkmoon Tonk- missile, Shock and awe, Ion Cannon
Cho
1- 1-feindish imp-burn, immolation, Neither gate
2- 2-crimson Whelpling- breath, healing flame, deep breath
3- 3-Flayer youngling-blitz, deflection, kick
The Pickle
1- Pint sized pink Pachyderm- trample, survival, headbutt
2- Darkmoon Monkey- smash, clobber, banana barrage
3- Crow- Peck, call darkness, Nocturnal Strike
Wrathion
1- Tolai hair pup- scratch, dodge, burrow
2- Anubasath idol- crush, stoneskin, rupture
3- Peedlefeet- bow shot, love stuck, shot threw the heart
Stormstout
1- 1-clockwork gnome- metal fist, repair, build turret
2- direhorn runt- trihorn charge, horn attack, trihorn shield
3- 3-magical Crawdad- surge, renew mists, whirlpool
Zhu
1- 1-Ghostly Skull- shadow slash, ghostly bite, Unholy ascention
2- 2 &3-Blighthawk, infected claw, ghostly bite, lift off
Kiryn
1- 1-Crawling Claw- shadow slash, death grip, curse of doom
2- Sunfire micro sentry- Fel immolate, extra plating, call lighting
3- 3-terrable Turnip- title wave, leech seed, son of the root
Bling 4000
1- 1-swamp croaker- water jet, swarm of flies, bubble
2- 2-Lil ragnaros- sulfurous smash, magma trap, sons of the flame
3- 3-direhorn runt- trihorn charge, horn attack, trihorn shield
Wise Mari
1- 1-crow- peck, call darkness, nocturnal strike
2- swamp croaker- water jet, swarm of flies, bubble
3- 3-Infinity whelpling- sleeping gass, healing flame, early advantage

Round two bosses
Yu’La
1- Peedlefeet- bow shot, love stuck, shot threw the heart
2- Qiraji Gaurdling- crush, sandstorm, blackout kick
3- Pandaren monk- takedown, staggered steps, blackout kick
Niuzo
1- Mechanical panderan dragonling- breath, bombing run, explode
2- Pet bombling- batter, toxic smoke, explode
3- Tranquil mechanical yeti- metal fist, call lighting, ion cannon
Xu-Fu
1- Tranquil mechanical yeti-metal fist, call lighting, ion cannon
2- Darkmoon zepplin-missile, explode, decoy
3- Son of animus-metal fist, siphon anima, extra plating
Chi-ji
1- senjin fedish-flame breath, wild magic, sear magic
2- disgusting oozling-ooze touch, corrosion, acidic goo
3- nordrassil wisp-light, flash, soul ward

Fythra
Pet Score:12907

Re: Celetial Tournament guide

Post by Fythra » October 13th, 2013, 8:47 pm

I decided to try your teams tonight, Fu. Overall I had good success with this week's opponents.

Wrathion: Totally dominated. I didn't even need Peddlefeet. Granted my Idol's Rupture managed to stun Wrathion's 3rd pet.

Stormstout: It worked well. The crawdad finished with plenty of health.

Zhu: Okay, ran into my first problem here. I don't have 2 Blighthawks. However, I used a Fossilized Hatchling in place of the 2nd Blighthawk and it worked out well. The Hatchling led off the fight. Bonestorm works real well.

I had been using my own teams for the Celestials, but variety is the spice of life, right? :) So, how did I fare with your teams? It was hit and miss.

Yu'la: Terrible. I don't know if I misused the pets or not. I had no luck at all. Sorry, Fu. I had to go to my old standby - Gregarious Grell. Maybe you can tell me how you won with this team.

Chi-ji: I did well with this group. Wild Magic is the key here. Corrosion/Acidic Goo do a lot of damage with the debuff active. I did get a crit in there at the end to help kill him. The Disgusting Ooziing killed Chi-Ji despite dying at the end.The Wisp didn't even have to fight.

Zao: I did okay with these pets. My Yeti finished him off with only minor damage.

Xu-Fu: Okay, this was my other miss. I don't have 2 Yetis so I tried using the yeti again from Zao. He was only down about 200 hp. I thought I had Xu-Fu despite screwing up my Zeppelin's Explode. My Son of Animus had a crucial miss and died. Had to try and find a team afterward to kill him. This team might still work well. I'll have to try it again after the reset.

I'll try the other two sets of Round One fights in the coming weeks and let you know how they worked out :). I appreciate your work and posting your guide for us to read and try out.

Chuckthulu
Pet Score:4494
BattleTag®:Chuckthulu#1881
Realm:Velen-us

Post by Chuckthulu » October 13th, 2013, 9:04 pm

You can solo Yu'La with [pet]Mr Bigglesworth[/pet] also.
[ability]Claw[/ability], [ability]Ice Barrier[/ability], and [ability]Ice Tomb[/ability].
Open with claw, then tomb, then barrier. Let her break barrier, then claw til tomb is up, after tomb, ice barrier again.Rinse repeat. If she doesn't get some ridiculous crits you can take her easily that way.
I beat her last week and Biggs had taken about 250(ish) damage prior to that battle.

Pet Score:2958

Post by » October 13th, 2013, 10:58 pm

I have heard MR biggelsworth does really well VS yu la. The success I had with peedlefeet, is stun, charge, shot threw the heart. When yu la lifts off, swap a tank in, get one hit and the bacl to peedlefeet fpr the stun,shot threw the heart.
they key to XuFu is predicting that he will kill ur first guy, then Ion cannon. Next guys has to use decoy just before XuFu uses his big heal, then its gg

Nisdenar
Pet Score:4682

Post by Nisdenar » October 14th, 2013, 6:25 pm

The only issue I have with most of the guide I have read for the Celestial tournament is "What is the Strategy".
Knowing what pets you are using, and what abilities, gives me "some idea" of what you are doing, but not really.

Are you Swapping at specific point, or Pound until it dies or I do?
What do you open with? Are any of the abilities not used?

I have a pretty good strategy plan for the 4 celestials, my problem has been the 3 trainers leading up to it.
Being able to beat them WITHOUT tapping into the pets I am relying on for the 4 celestials.
Do all of the plans out there rely on "extremely rare" pets like Crawling Claws, Darkmoon Rabbits, etc.? or Multiple copies of specific pets? There has to be ways to do this WITHOUT these ultra rare pets, or without multiple copies of "critical" pets.

So far, since the tournament was released, I have beaten it once .. The lead in trainers were Sully, Ion Goldbloom, and Cho.
I have yet to be able to beat the other trainer sets without destroying my Celestials team.

Nis

Fythra
Pet Score:12907

Post by Fythra » October 16th, 2013, 10:42 am

So, it's Week 2 and as promised I tried out your teams. As we know the RNG gods can be quite fickle. Perhaps that's what happened this week. (Do not get me started about Xu Fu! :evil: ) Still, I won the tournament but there was some trouble along the way.

Anyway, things did not quite go as well as they did a couple of days ago.

Kiryn: I started out with this lovely lady (Just ask Riko!) While the Claw won and got off another Curse of Doom on the 2nd pet before dying and the Turnip wiped the floor with the mech cat, I still lost the first time I tried this. The wolf beat up the turnip and the Sentry. I restarted the scenario and tried a 2nd time. I made a little tweak and my turnip lasted a little bit longer against the wolf. But my victory was still a close thing. I can't help feeling there could be a better pet than the Sentry.

Bling 4000: This fight went okay, but it was close like Kiryn. I hate that pig.

Wise Mari: Okay, I ran into a problem here. I don't have 2 swamp croakers. So, I tried to substitute a frog with similar stats. It was a disaster. I didn't even get to his 3rd pet before losing. I had to figure out another team to win. I figure call darkness is supposed to help with the magic pet's big heal but I never got off a 2nd one before dying. It was the same with my Raven when I tried it a 2nd time. I did win with the Raven team but it wasn't a great win. So, Fu, you're gonna have to tell me what strat you used for this.

As for the Celestial brats, well I tried the Xu Fu team again. I got my butt handed to me. Xu Fu had eaten his Wheaties today. I had to try 4 times before I won. The darn cat kept getting crits. I also used the Chi chi team again and did just fine, but I used different set ups for Zao and Yu'la.

So, sad to say it was hit and miss for me this week. I'll try the third set next week.

Nisdenar
Pet Score:4682

Post by Nisdenar » November 11th, 2013, 7:38 pm

Nisdenar's Celestial Tournament teams... My premise for this guide is to use pets that are relatively common, that most people would have or could easily get. No pet is used in both the trainers and the Celestials, so you don't need dups. I will also list the strats I used with the groups.

Trainer Group 1:
Chen Stormstout: Start with him, if his pet stuns on 1st attack, will be hard to beat.. but easy to reset at this point
- Darkmoon Zeplin (1,1,2) - Decoy, bombing run, missiles repeat
- Curiour Wolvar Pup (2,1,2) - Trap, Maul, Bite, repeat
- Snarly (or any of his kin) (1,1,2) - Rip until bleeding, Blood in the Water, Surge until dead
Wrathion:
- Brown Rabbit (2,1,1) - Use borrow to dodge Ice Bomb, Keep adrenalin rush up, stay in fight until dead
- Anubith Idol (1,2,1) - Keep stoneskin up, Deflect big attacks, should live well into 3rd pet.
- Flayer Youngling (1,2,1) - to finish up
Taran Zhu
- Jungle Grub (2,1,2) - Burrow to avoid stun on his second attack, consume, goo, repeat. Goo when he switches to second pet, then swap.
- Creepy Crate (1,2,2) - Bonestorm, Curse, chomp repeats, Bonestorm when off cooldown.
- Fossilized Hatchling (1,2,2) - Bonestorm, Death and Decay, Bonebite repeats, bonestorm when off cooldown (if he has a back line).

Trainer Group 2:
Shademaster Kiryn
- Creepy Crate (1,2,2) - Bonestorm, Curse, Chomp repeats, use bonestorm when of cooldown
- Crimson Lasher (1,1,1) - Lash, Soothing mist, Stunseed right before you die (normally on 3rd pet)
- De-weaponized Mechanical Companion (1,2,1) - Extra Plating, Fist until win
Blingitron 4000
- Mirror Strider (1,1,2) - Primarily use pump, healing wave when needed, water jet if you can't get another pump off.
- Electrified Razortooth (1,2,1) - Rip, Blood in the Water, rip repeats, use devour when enemy near death.
- Lil' Ragnaros (1,2,1) - FlameThrower, Conflag, FlameThrower or Smash until win
Wise Mari
- Crow (2,2,2) - Alpha Strike, Darkness (use second to counter his rain), Nocturnal Strike, Alpha Strike repeats - don't swap
- Scourged Whelpling (2,2,1) - Plagued Blood, Death and Decay, Tail Sweep repeats (lots of little heals for you) - don't swap
- Snarly (or any of kin) (1,2,2) - Rip, Blood in the Water, water jet (seldom get to him)

Trainer Group 3: (forgot to write down strat, will add later)
Sully
- Darkmoon Turtle (1,2,2) -
- Direhorn Runt (1,1,1) -
- Acona Chicken) (2,1,2) -
Dr. Ion Goldbloom
- Azure Whelpling (2,2,2) -
- Scourged Whelpling (2,2,1) -
- Amber Moth (2,1,1) -
Loremaster Cho
- Nexus Whelpling (1,2,1) -
- Flayer Youngling (1,1,1) -
- Curious Wolvar Pup (1,2,1) -

Celestials
Xufu
- Cogblade Raptor (2,2,1) - Expose wounds, then swap
- Tranquil Mechnical Yeti (1,1,2) - Call Lightning, then swap
- Chicken (1,1,2) Flock ... Xufu has never survived the second wave of the flock.
(I understand this works great against Zao as well, but I said you wouldn't need dups.)
Zao
- Zandalari Footslasher (2,1,2) - Expose wounds, Hunting Pack (you will usually die before pack ends)
- Clockwork Gnome (1,2,1) - Turret, Fist repeats, Turret (you will usually kill it before second turret)
- Zandalrii Kneebiter (2,2,2) - Black Claw, Hunting Pack (have never used him)
Yu'la
- Gregartious Grell (1,2,1) Use basic attack, Phase Shift to avoid flight attack, cauterize when around 60% health... can solo this boss.
- Moonkin Hatchling (1,2,2) - For back-up
- Curious Oracle Hatchling (1,1,1) - For back-up
Chi-Chi
- Lost of Loderon (2,1,2) - Curse of Doom, swap (could use any pet with Curse - even one who is injured as he takes no damage)
- Pandaren Water Spirit (1,2,2) - Geyser, Whirlpool, swap
- Chromius (2,1,2) - Howl (geyser and whirlpool go off), surge or basic attack to finish if needed

The only issue I have had of late with these groupings is if the RNG gives the trainer 2-3 crits and me 2-3 misses in a fight.

Nisdenar
Last edited by Nisdenar on July 23rd, 2014, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gimdolian
Pet Score:4624
BattleTag®:Gimdolian#1816

Post by Gimdolian » April 3rd, 2014, 6:20 pm

Since people were talking about it today in guild, I will toss in my 2 cents to this. I have been doing this regularly now for a couple months.

Will only do the Celestials:

Xu-fu:
- Darkmoon zeppelin - missles, decoy, missles, missels, explode
- Darkmoon zeppelin - missles, decoy, missles, missles, if needed, explode again
- Darkmoon Tonk - just in case there is any mop up duty (only issue is if 2nd missle misses on first zeppelin, dang RNG)

Yu'la:
- Bonkers - Jab, dodge, haymaker (start with haymaker, hit or miss, when he goes in air, use dodge, otherwise use haymaker on cooldown and jab to fill in)
- Anubisith Idol - use reflect when he goes in air, otherwise hit with his basic humanoid attack
- Peddlefeet - in case something goes wrong and I need mop up duty

Chi Chi: (this one gets dicey at times with rng)
- Rapana Whelk - Ooze touch, acidic goo, dive ( start with acidic goo, keep it up as needed, ooze touch is the strong attack, use dive when Chi Chi ethereals, 3rd attack first time then on cooldown)
- Silkbead Snail - Ooze touch, acidic goo, dive (again, use dive when chi chi ethereals and keep goo up, ooze touch is strong attack)
- Spectral Porcupette - Powerball, Spectral Spike, Spectral Spine (if needed because of rng misses, spectral spine, hope it blinds, then spectral spike to finish powerball if needed)

Zao:
- Sunreaver Micro Sentry - Fel Immolate and Lightning Storm (start with Fel Immolate then lightning storm, fel immolate till dead)
- Zandalari Anklebiter - Hunting Party, Black Claw (start with black claw, then hunting party, should kill him)
- Zandalari Kneebiter - Hunting Party, Black Claw ( see above)

These have rarely failed me, RNG of course does play a part but hey, it does for every battle.

Hope this helps.

Gimdolian, MM

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » April 4th, 2014, 6:14 am

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
Mingyao on Madoran

Gimdolian

Post by Gimdolian » July 18th, 2014, 5:19 pm

Need to make an edit to my Chi Chi team, my team posted depended too much on RNG and was getting annoying, Braelenori gave me a team suggestion and it has worked well:

Corefire Imp: Use Immolation, then Wild Magic, so has to be the Corefire Imp
Any Rabbit: Just use trample ability, dodge if needed after the tramples.
Spectral Porcupette: don't really need this pet anymore, but have it in case

Hope this helps.

Gim

Gimdolian

Post by Gimdolian » September 5th, 2014, 8:09 pm

Just bumping this up as more people are working to complete this Tournament!

Have fun pet battling!

Gim

Rosz
MVP
Pet Score:7427
Realm:Bronzebeard-us

Post by Rosz » September 22nd, 2014, 1:20 am

Thank you! I still haven't gotten through the tournament. I appreciate the suggestions!