5.4.1: Bernard, Murkalot & RAF

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Epicleptic
Top Rater
Pet Score:10816
BattleTag®:Epicleptic#2421
Realm:Ravencrest-eu
5.4.1: Bernard, Murkalot & RAF

Post by Epicleptic » October 11th, 2013, 10:42 pm

Just scooped on over to [url=http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3445-Patch-5-4-1-PTR-Build-17841-Patch-5-4-1-PTR-Build-17841]MMO-Champion[/url] and thought I'd share what I found in the comments.
Bernard: "Pet Store","A mastiff bred for rescue, Bernard's bloodline is famous for having found and resuscitated many mountain travellers trapped beneath the snow... and then slobbering all over them."
Abilities: Disruption, Bark, The Good Stuff, Avalanche, Tough n' Cuddly, and Call the Pack.
'Pet Store' is probably a placeholder because I think this is actually the new RAF pet and they just don't have the right text for that yet.

Murkalot: "Promotion: BlizzCon 2013","We're Crusaders from a fable. We dance whene'er we're able. We do routines and chorus scenes, with footwork impeccable!"
Abilities: Lash, Blessed Hammer, Shieldstorm, Righteous Inspiration, Reflective Shield, and Falling Murloc.
For those that aren't aware: Blizzard are intending to change the RAF (Recruit-A-Friend) system to be completed entirely in-game - the reward for such a thing is a token that can be redeemed for a newly added RAF mount, one of the old ones or a pet. I'll assume there are many dog lovers here, though I wonder whether you'd all prefer the Blizzard Store or the RAF token redemption. :)

Edit: You can view Bernard's model in the link provided, see the animations to boot.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Re: 5.4.1: Bernard, Murkalot & RAF

Post by Dragonwizard » October 12th, 2013, 4:12 am

Epicleptic wrote:For those that aren't aware: Blizzard are intending to change the RAF (Recruit-A-Friend) system to be completed entirely in-game - the reward for such a thing is a token that can be redeemed for a newly added RAF mount, one of the old ones or a pet. I'll assume there are many dog lovers here, though I wonder whether you'd all prefer the Blizzard Store or the RAF token redemption. :)

Oh wow that would be great as I missed out on the first RaF mount, can you provide a link please so I see everything that was said about it?
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Epicleptic
Top Rater
Pet Score:10816
BattleTag®:Epicleptic#2421
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Epicleptic » October 12th, 2013, 6:57 am

Dragonwizard wrote:Oh wow that would be great as I missed out on the first RaF mount, can you provide a link please so I see everything that was said about it?
[url=http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3433-Patch-5-4-Dev-Round-Table-October-7-Hotfixes-RBG-Adjustments-Blue-Posts-Fan-Art]Here[/url] is the link to the MMO-Champ update, the video interview itself is 28 minutes long - 22 minutes in is where the [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WeV5Cj7sES8#t=1337]RAF[/url] is mentioned.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » October 15th, 2013, 6:47 pm

Epicleptic wrote:For those that aren't aware: Blizzard are intending to change the RAF (Recruit-A-Friend) system to be completed entirely in-game - the reward for such a thing is a token that can be redeemed for a newly added RAF mount, one of the old ones or a pet. I'll assume there are many dog lovers here, though I wonder whether you'd all prefer the Blizzard Store or the RAF token redemption. :)

Edit: You can view Bernard's model in the link provided, see the animations to boot.
I'd prefer store.

If it's only available through RaF, then I'm SOL (So Out of Luck!).

There's a reason I don't have any RaF mounts. My friends that play WoW still play WoW, and my friends that don't play WoW still aren't interested. Similarly, I don't want to recruit myself, because I'm already paying for 2 accounts.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 15th, 2013, 7:51 pm

Tiggindy wrote: I'd prefer store.
I second this. It seems much simpler to just put it in the store, where it's also giftable.

And unless they're completely revamping the RAF pricing, eligibility and all, the pet will cost one person $29.98 (cost of 60 game days - the current requirement to be eligible for any of the RAF perks) if they're recruiting themselves. Compare that to $10 from the Blizzard store, and yea.

They mentioned RAF updates, so how this works and how much it will cost a single person could be different in the future. I'll wait and hear about the changes they're making, but at the moment I'm rooting for the Pet Store.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » October 15th, 2013, 9:16 pm

I agree with Quin and Trig. Store all the way. They will probably make more money when you take everything into account. Volume over crazy pet people.
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » October 15th, 2013, 11:43 pm

It will be store probably as Emerald Hippogryph is the new RAF reward.
- Taking your candles since 2005

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » October 17th, 2013, 6:23 pm

Just to pick nits...

Why do sooooo many peeps try to put an 'r' in my name? :?

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » October 18th, 2013, 12:17 am

Tiggindy wrote:Just to pick nits...

Why do sooooo many peeps try to put an 'r' in my name? :?
Trigger is a used word or those r's and i's are so much alike? :P
- Taking your candles since 2005