Dandelion Frolicker - worst pet to find ever?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Xandrolar
Pet Score:2844
Realm:Hellfire-eu
Dandelion Frolicker - worst pet to find ever?

Post by Xandrolar » October 11th, 2013, 6:12 am

So basically you need an active crystal, a toon with a high DPS rate and high survivability, to kill the little mobs, while hoping some scary sprites will spawn and hoping that the said scary sprites will drop the pet. This is the only pet that has been frustrating me to heck. theres far, far too much RNG involved in getting this pet. Also considering you can only do this once a day as well and it becomes a nightmare to get.

Considering all the factors involved with this, does anyone else feel that they need to up the drop rate considerably on this pet?

Squall
Pet Score:3702
Realm:Eredar-eu

Re: Dandelion Frolicker - worst pet to find ever?

Post by Squall » October 11th, 2013, 7:39 am

not really

I can sell some of them to you, though. I can check which breeds I can offer, if you are interested.

Grifter
Pet Score:2869
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Grifter » October 11th, 2013, 9:06 am

These are on our AH for 5k in S/S breed, so I think the droprate must be higher then you might experience it yourself. ;)

Post by Guest » October 11th, 2013, 9:27 am

Before they fixed the crystal spawn time I would have agreed with you, but I've gotten 4 now across various characters whose DPS isn't all that great. Though have noticed with AoE loot on, it never picked the Frolicker up always had to reclick the corpse. ~ K

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » October 11th, 2013, 11:14 am

Same here. It dropped from the second time I looted the bodies. Not sure why that is, but half the time I have to loot them twice.

Bladerunner
Top Rater
Pet Score:5557
BattleTag®:Bladerun#2742
Realm:Hellfire-eu

Post by Bladerunner » October 11th, 2013, 11:19 am

Price dropped to 1-2k at populated servers already.Cheapest pet from all new ones atm.I love how Blizz can screw things from almost impossible to get to current state to be trivial as hell :twisted:

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » October 12th, 2013, 6:40 am

Since they upped the respawn time on the crystal, this pet seems to be more common than the Ashleaf Spriteling. Also has the bonus of being blue already where the spriteling needs to be stoned, and having fewer breed IDs so getting the right one is easier.

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » October 12th, 2013, 7:25 am

Mr. Pinchy. I tried fishing him up. And it doesn't help that fishing literally puts me to sleep (even if I've recently woken up). And if you do fish one up, it's RNG all over again. Will the Magical Crawdad grant your wish?

. . .I bought one of the auction house. 4k gold was a steal on my server. Blizz has been making pets that are heavily RNG reliant for a while now.

The Rabid Nut Varmint 5000 in any particular breed. I would like to have him in S/S and or P/S, maybe a P/P as well. He mainly comes as a secondary to all other battle-pets in the zone. But because there are 8 breeds available, this is another case of RNG Wars. It maaaaay be in your battle, or it may not be (or it may be in that Varmint you can't interact with behind the buildings—would people please stop killing the non-combat pets behind the buildings!). It may be poor quality, and most likely. And chances are it will absolutely never be a rare in the breed you want.

I've been hunting the 5000 down every day for months. Every time I do the daily in Winterspring I kill up to 20 pets in the zone, sometimes a lot more.

And let's not forget the Gilded Moth. I finally found a rare on yesterday—considering the one I saw is the first one I've seen in about a month. Because I'll probably never use it in battle, it doesn't matter to me what the breed is. Oh yeah, you can tab-target them in the walls in three moons and in the mountainside behind it, but you can't interact with them.

. . .Thank you for the troll Blizz.

As for the Dandelion Frolicker... Yeah, I've found the crystal a few times, and I've yet to see a single scary sprite.
Last edited by Guest on October 13th, 2013, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saite
Pet Score:13760
Realm:Bladefist-eu

Post by Saite » October 12th, 2013, 1:36 pm

I see tons more Frolickers about than I see Viscous Horrors... ;)

So, no, it is not the worst to find, not even slightly. And it is easier since they buffed the number of Scary Sprites that spawn.

Keep at it and you will find one eventually. Good luck!

Spary
Pet Score:10075
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Spary » October 13th, 2013, 12:43 pm

Do it twice a day since ~2 weeks, and had him drop about ~7 times for me now, once two at the same crystal. Have yet to see any Jadefire Spirit or Ruby Droplet ... :roll:

Ebil
Pet Score:11957
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Ebil » October 13th, 2013, 3:33 pm

I don't know if I have spent up my rng luck at the isle but I am having the hardest time getting pets to drop. I have only had four drop for me counting the Jade Chick, the pets I do have are either from friends or the AH.

Sanzul
Pet Score:3503
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Sanzul » October 14th, 2013, 6:11 am

It was dreadful, but since the crystal respawn was changed from 1h to 15 minutes and the spawn rate of the sprites was increased by something like 400%, it's decent. Free loot compared to trying to get the crab on a low pop server (meaning no one else ever killing crabs).

Noobcastle
Pet Score:2867
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Noobcastle » October 14th, 2013, 1:18 pm

I am still trying to get this bad boy too! I hear it's not a bad drop rate either, alas....

Sanzul
Pet Score:3503
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Sanzul » October 15th, 2013, 2:02 am

Noobcastle wrote:I am still trying to get this bad boy too! I hear it's not a bad drop rate either, alas....
The droprate from the angry sprites is still horrible. The difference is that now you can kill 5-10 angry sprites each day, as opposed to before when you'd get one or two sprites some days.
Shéll wrote:I cannot help with the drop rate or crystal respawn time...
It appears to be 15 minutes, with no random variance.

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » October 15th, 2013, 12:01 pm

I am a fury warrior with bladestorm, so this is the easiest pet to get for me. Since they nerfed the spawn time for the crystal and the big sprites, I've gotten 4 of these, by far the best pet drop for me. I'm still looking for most of the pets to drop for the achieve (bought the rest) so it's a great pet to make some money off of.

PS Make that 5, got another one today.