Share pet collecting news and advice.
Annys
Top Rater
Pet Score:4729
BattleTag®:Annys72#1333
Realm:Mok'Nathal-us
Is the Wind Rider Cub gone for good?

Post by Annys » October 10th, 2013, 9:52 am

So I went to the Blizzard Store to check if the Wind Rider Cub was still sold out. To my surprise, not even the picture of the Cub was displayed as it was previously showing it as being sold out when you clicked on it for purchase. Does this mean that they will no longer be selling this item? I'm curious to know what all of you think!
Last edited by Annys on October 10th, 2013, 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Re: Is the Wind Rider Cub Gone?

Post by Gilneas » October 10th, 2013, 10:46 am

If they took the page off the store, then that seems likely. Doesn't make much business sense given the demand, but it seems likely based on that evidence.

Annys
Top Rater

Re: Is the Wind Rider Cub Gone?

Post by Annys » October 10th, 2013, 11:04 am

Gilneas wrote:If they took the page off the store, then that seems likely. Doesn't make much business sense given the demand, but it seems likely based on that evidence.

I agree..it really makes no sense at all that something that is so high in demand would be completely removed for future sales.

Annys
Top Rater

Re: Is the Wind Rider Cub gone for good?

Post by Annys » October 10th, 2013, 3:55 pm

Bump

Grog3514
Pet Score:3537
Realm:Korgath-us

Post by Grog3514 » October 10th, 2013, 3:56 pm

It does if they plan on releasing a new limited offer pet. It will get everyone that wants one to buy it instead of putting it off like I did. :\

Annys
Top Rater

Post by Annys » October 10th, 2013, 4:02 pm

Grog3514 wrote:It does if they plan on releasing a new limited offer pet. It will get everyone that wants one to buy it instead of putting it off like I did. :\
That could be true..I guess we will find out eventually what the whole logic is behind the removal of this extremely popular and high in demand pet!

Grog3514
Pet Score:3537
Realm:Korgath-us

Post by Grog3514 » October 10th, 2013, 4:05 pm

There are 2 on ebay if u still want one. But they are not cheap.

Annys
Top Rater

Post by Annys » October 10th, 2013, 4:10 pm

Grog3514 wrote:There are 2 on ebay if u still want one. But they are not cheap.
I was lucky to buy 2 of them before they were completely sold out. I was actually going to buy a couple more under my husband's account when I noticed that there wasn't even a picture of the pet up for sale. Now that its a possibility that they will no longer be in production, I am sure that it will cost a pretty penny to obtain one.

Edited***Wow..they are expensive on ebay ranging from $200-$300!*** :shock:

TippyKitt
Pet Score:2789
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by TippyKitt » October 11th, 2013, 12:49 pm

Before it was removed did the page still say it came with the real world plush toy? If so then they might have decided not to produce the plushies anymore and they're changing the page (and price) to reflect just selling the digital version of the pet.

If it didn't talk about the plush then I have no idea. But the last time I looked up the store I'm pretty sure the price was still 25$ and the page mentioned the real world plush toy.

I think it would be bad marketing to take down the pet without forewarning first, considering the demand I've seen for it. But I can understand taking it down while trying to deal with the production of the plushies.

Luxxy
Top Rater
Pet Score:3423
BattleTag®:Retraxx#1868

Post by Luxxy » October 11th, 2013, 3:12 pm

TippyKitt wrote:Before it was removed did the page still say it came with the real world plush toy? If so then they might have decided not to produce the plushies anymore and they're changing the page (and price) to reflect just selling the digital version of the pet.

If it didn't talk about the plush then I have no idea. But the last time I looked up the store I'm pretty sure the price was still 25$ and the page mentioned the real world plush toy.

I think it would be bad marketing to take down the pet without forewarning first, considering the demand I've seen for it. But I can understand taking it down while trying to deal with the production of the plushies.
To be truthfully honest thats what i was thinking, because last time it was sold out a lot of people were qqing about how they still had it listed in the store but it was never available really ever, they could hvae possibly taken it down it being sold out and all, in hopes of people maybe stopping the nagging at them about having it listed in the store but it not being available, it might be something new they are trying that once something is sold out just removing it from the page til they have more.

Farnzworth
Pet Score:3484
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Farnzworth » October 11th, 2013, 5:43 pm

I am so upset right now. i managed to order one and they sent it to my billing address instead of my shipping address and since there is no way for anyone to sign the stupid UPS thing they sent it back to blizzard..... i called ups and they said i was sol and couldnt change the destination. i called blizzard and the reps just said. oh just buy another and itll get shipped. but of course they are gone from the store so now my windrider cub is who knows where. 2 years trying to get this damn pet and UPS screws me. /cry

Annys
Top Rater

Post by Annys » October 11th, 2013, 6:18 pm

Farnzworth wrote:I am so upset right now. i managed to order one and they sent it to my billing address instead of my shipping address and since there is no way for anyone to sign the stupid UPS thing they sent it back to blizzard..... i called ups and they said i was sol and couldnt change the destination. i called blizzard and the reps just said. oh just buy another and itll get shipped. but of course they are gone from the store so now my windrider cub is who knows where. 2 years trying to get this damn pet and UPS screws me. /cry
oh wow that rly sucks...if it was sent back to blizzard and you paid for it there is no other choice but to either send u replacement or refund the money. I was hoping they would of replaced it since now it seems hard to get this pet. If UPS would have worked with you instead of sending it back to blizzard they should have at least given you an option to pick it up at their location...srry..that rly does suck! :(

Annys
Top Rater

Post by Annys » October 11th, 2013, 6:18 pm

Bump

Farnzworth
Pet Score:3484
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Farnzworth » October 11th, 2013, 6:50 pm

they will refund the money. i just wanted the pet. i know you all understand!

Angelwings626
MVP
Pet Score:12264
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Angelwings626 » October 11th, 2013, 8:46 pm

Don't take this the wrong way, but I hope either its gone for good or they change the status of the thing from "LIMITED TIME ONLY" to nothing of the sort.

I was under the impression that this was some sort of special pet that you had to get just then. That being said, I would be willing to pay more of it because I want to make sure I do get one.

If they are going to make it available to everyone then drop the price and treat it like all the other pets. (IE cinder kitten, lil rag). If not don't bring it back.

Shoot if they're going to make pets available to buy whenever, get rid of the TCG pets and "collector" edition pets, put them all in the store so people can buy then when they want right?

Annys
Top Rater

Post by Annys » October 11th, 2013, 9:14 pm

Angelwings626 wrote:Don't take this the wrong way, but I hope either its gone for good or they change the status of the thing from "LIMITED TIME ONLY" to nothing of the sort.

I was under the impression that this was some sort of special pet that you had to get just then. That being said, I would be willing to pay more of it because I want to make sure I do get one.

If they are going to make it available to everyone then drop the price and treat it like all the other pets. (IE cinder kitten, lil rag). If not don't bring it back.

Shoot if they're going to make pets available to buy whenever, get rid of the TCG pets and "collector" edition pets, put them all in the store so people can buy then when they want right?

It would definitely be a hell of a lot easier to get those pets that are so hard to find if they did put them in stores...will it happen? I don't think so! :(