Your favourite undead

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Bindibear
Top Rater
Your favourite undead

Post by Bindibear » October 14th, 2012, 10:08 am

What's your favourite undead pet so far?

I've been leveling the Lost of Lorderan, but he seems kinda squishy. Are there ones you particularly love? Or hate?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Your favourite undead

Post by Quintessence » October 14th, 2012, 3:24 pm

I'm especially fond of the Restless Shadeling, and managed to level it up to 25. I've found that nearly all the Undead types are pretty squishy, though. Thank goodness for their self-heals. :)

What's great about the shadeling is that it has two healing abilities: Plagued Blood and Death Coil. The latter is only 50% heals of damage dealt, but combined with the Plagued Blood, it can add up to a lot of healing (provided you don't miss and the opponent doesn't dodge or block).

On top of that, after applying Plagued Blood, any other pet you switch in will receive healing when attacking too (5 rounds). :D
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Slambert
Pet Score:2983
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Slambert » October 14th, 2012, 3:59 pm

crawling claw! he has two dots and a built in heal/hp buff! I haven't found a good use of his dark simulcrum yet (if only it worked like the shimmering wymlings reflective shield!), so it's hard to pick over his curse of doom. I wish undead in general were faster however, does anyone know of a fast undead? :)

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » October 14th, 2012, 6:22 pm

The Scourged Whelpling is my undead of choice. Decent self heal and Death and Decay is a decent dot.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Mairin » October 15th, 2012, 4:14 am

I went with a blight hawk for my first undead 25 so he'll likely always be my favorite just because of that ;) My initial lineup were 3 flying pets that weren't actually "flying" pets (undead, dragonkin, elemental) so he fits right in with that. I'm always a fan of the flying high ability and for some twisted reason it amuses me that he can snack on dead team mates if the need arises :shock:

Cropher
MVP
Pet Score:7153
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Cropher » October 15th, 2012, 7:55 am

My first 25 undead was my Lost of Lordaeron (rare); it starts really squishy, but as you level it (and especially after you get Absorb at 10) it becomes more viable, and Curse of Doom is useful. Still unfortunately vulnerable to the masses of critters swarming the world, though it can manage to survive. Was even better when Siphon Life was actually 5 turns long, meant you could put it in, cast Siphon when its life got low, swap it out and let it heal, rinse and repeat.

Bindibear
Top Rater

Post by Bindibear » October 21st, 2012, 4:55 pm

Oh my. :shock: I just caught a rare Infected Squirrel. I think I found my undead! He hits HARD and his heal is good with a low cooldown.

Jrallen01
Pet Score:7930
Realm:Mannoroth-us

Post by Jrallen01 » October 21st, 2012, 6:56 pm

I am looking at the specs for a spirit crab. I have a rare level 12 but, at 25 should be 1888 for health and 293 for damage. Speed ok.
Nice abilities.
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=62034
so lots of health, great damage, a multiround whirlpool , and of course undead.

possible crab team,
Lava crab elemental
spirit crab undead
shore crab aquatic

Mrbeankc
Pet Score:4299
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Mrbeankc » October 21st, 2012, 11:24 pm

Been wanting to level a Restless Shadeling but have only managed to get an uncommon and want to level him as a rare. My Vampire Batling was my first 25 and I have to say he is one mean battle pet.

*edit*

Shortly after this post I got my rare Restless Shadeling.

Temperama
Pet Score:921
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Temperama » October 22nd, 2012, 7:46 am

I love my creepy crate, he may not be the best battle pet but he always amuses me.

Kcrash

Post by Kcrash » October 24th, 2012, 12:16 pm

Scourged Whelping, tanky and hits hard.
He is just so cool to have. =D

Renmiri
Pet Score:2726
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Renmiri » October 24th, 2012, 6:27 pm

Restless Shadeling rare is a tank.. it can even withstand strong critter enemies

Fossilized Hatchling is pretty sturdy and has a huge self heal

Spirit Crab sounds amazing though

Epicleptic
Top Rater
Pet Score:10816
BattleTag®:Epicleptic#2421
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Epicleptic » October 30th, 2012, 4:12 pm

The only Undead I have at 25 currently in my Crawling Claw (which I nabbed off the AH for 3k :lol: ) but I plan to level my Blighthawk and am very much looking forward to it. I hope to integrate that into my team of sorts. Also going to level an Infected Squirrel for an all squirrel team (Critter/Mechanical/Undead)! :D

Sesamee
Pet Score:7258
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Sesamee » October 30th, 2012, 5:37 pm

Restless Shadeling is my favorite by my Lost is awesome too. I really like undead pets in general. They'll all be squishy leveling due to all the critters but if you take the time to do pvp pet battles while lvl'ing they are amazing.