Moon Moon

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu
Re: Moon Moon

Post by Index » October 7th, 2013, 6:42 am

Just to confirm: You CAN receive loot on the same toon more than once per day, but if you have the uniques already, you will see no loot?

Was beginning to wonder, so have moved all my alts over there and killed the big bugger 12+ times (to count him killing me well over 5 times per fight ><) and was starting to get dis-heartened to see all these silly pelts :(

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » October 7th, 2013, 8:07 am

he is in front of me and there is nobody around :(

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » October 7th, 2013, 10:48 am

Regarding unique loot: If you have Moonfang's paw and theres another one on corpse, you cant loot it because you already have it. But it will get sent to you in the mail, and you cant take it before you destroy your first one.

If theres no loot on moonfang, then you were just unlucky and no loot was rolled for you. Think of it as getting gold in lfr.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 7th, 2013, 12:26 pm

GrosBonda wrote:he is in front of me and there is nobody around :(
Are you on a low pop server or was it just a slow time of the day?

I'm somewhat concerned about how the whole Moonfang event will go once the novelty of it dies down. Unlike the Timeless Isle rares, you can't solo the DMF world boss even if it spawns like clockwork.

If turn out and participation becomes an issue in the next expansion, it may not be as bad since we'll be higher level and have more gear. But if there's already a slow down in the number or players trying for it, then it might be something to keep an eye on over the next few DMFs.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » October 7th, 2013, 1:40 pm

Quintessence wrote:I'm somewhat concerned about how the whole Moonfang event will go once the novelty of it dies down. Unlike the Timeless Isle rares, you can't solo the DMF world boss even if it spawns like clockwork. But if there's already a slow down in the number or players trying for it, then it might be something to keep an eye on over the next few DMFs.
I've already noticed a little bit of a slow down on interest on it. A lot of people are discouraged because they keep dying on it (hint: if you're dying to the leap, that's completely on you, stop thinking it's from lack of heals) and others have all the items already so don't want to keep doing it. I've gotten everything but am still doing it when I can.

The good news is if you have a decent group of players, you don't need a large group. A tank, a healer or two, and two or three competent hunters or locks could kill it. Pets can tank the boss very easily as long as they get some additional heals, and the tank picks up adds and keep them off the rest of the group.

Itsmnevis
Top Rater
Pet Score:3308
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Itsmnevis » October 7th, 2013, 1:52 pm

What do you guys think is a reasonable price for a P/P (level 1) Moon Moon, right now? I've gotten two, a S/S which I've started to level, and now a P/P. It'd be good against a raven/crow team, I suppose, but I'd rather get a couple pets I don't have yet.

There are two P/P level 1s up for 29 and 30k on Illidan, which seems pretty overpriced to me. I guess I'm asking, does a P/P Moon Moon have any shot at selling that high?

If anyone is interested in trading, lemme know. I'd trade for a Droplet of Y'Sharrj, Rascal-Bot, or Pierre, or any 2 of Ruby Droplet, Gooey Sha-ling, Ji-Kun Hatchling, and Ashleaf Spriteling. (assuming it hasn't sold)
Last edited by Itsmnevis on October 7th, 2013, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » October 7th, 2013, 2:25 pm

Yeah, Moon Moon is already down to 10K on Illidan. Expect that to drop to 2-3K before the end of the week as supply increases.

Quil2
Pet Score:3642
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Quil2 » October 7th, 2013, 2:26 pm

There was a P/P 25 for sale on Illidan for around 12k all day yesterday. I was undercutting with a P/S with the hope of buying the P/P with the gold. By late last night, neither had sold and more undercut us. Don't see it on there now, so it either finally sold or was taken down. I think the vast majority of players who sell the pet don't even know they have breeds.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » October 7th, 2013, 2:41 pm

Breeds is one of the most poorly explained mechanics ingame. You get -NO- info about it.

Pyy
Top Rater
Pet Score:11087
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Pyy » October 7th, 2013, 3:31 pm

Luciandk wrote:Breeds is one of the most poorly explained mechanics ingame. You get -NO- info about it.
For a very long time, there was little to no info on a very large number of things through the default UI (dungeon/raid mechanics, rotations, quests, hell even the rarity of pets wasn't a part of it on MoP launch!). I fully expect Breed IDs to be part of the UI in the future, but these things Blizzard some time to get around to. Thankfully, there's more than enough information on breeds on this site and others like petsear.ch

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » October 7th, 2013, 3:43 pm

Luciandk wrote:Breeds is one of the most poorly explained mechanics ingame. You get -NO- info about it.
I kind of like it like that, it does so there is more to devle into later, instead being overwhelmed early with chosing breeds for every rare you are trying to farm, when it will probaly not be relevant for most of them.
I know i would have been a lot more confused and probaly having less fun when i played pokemon as a kid, if i understood how stats worked in that. (i understand its a lot more complex there, but still :D )

Itsmnevis
Top Rater
Pet Score:3308
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Itsmnevis » October 7th, 2013, 5:00 pm

This is all off-topic, but there's not -no- information on breed ingame. The default UI shows you speed and power and health and gives you a little icon roughly indicating what that particular pet is oriented to (pretty sure that's all in the default UI).

It's not telling you what's available, but a naive but observant pet battler could come to the conclusion "Hey, I'd really like that move to go first, but this particular minipet seems to be invested in power; perhaps I could try to find a fast one". Or "This pet is fast but it's always going to get in the last move since it's undead; maybe I should find one with more health to get an extra turn."

I agree it's obtuse in-game, but I think that's OK. It's a mini-game, doesn't need all the intricacies thrown at you up-front. When people get more into it, if they want to go back and find a different breed of something, that's normal.

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » October 7th, 2013, 5:02 pm

Quintessence wrote:Mine dropped on the 7th kill. In-game it says it's a P/S, but on WarcraftPets it says S/S. Not sure which is correct >_<
Brand new pets are hard for the various tools to parse. I know when I got my Ruby Droplet, my UI said it was P/S. When it leveled off the first tamer, it changed to B/B. I think it sometimes just doesn't know the breed until its first "ding."

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » October 7th, 2013, 5:04 pm

Eh, breeds are supposed to be something more advanced that your average collector (or even battler) shouldn't worry too much about. Its intentionally not advertised very much. I think the fact that pets on the AH generally sell for about the same regardless of breed is a pretty good sign that that's pretty much how it works out -- people just want the pet, no matter its stats.

Gobbletone
Pet Score:2785
BattleTag®:Gobbletone#1768
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Post by Gobbletone » October 7th, 2013, 5:31 pm

I have been doing this on four different realms, nearly every hour. I have collected everything but moon moon.. patience, patience. :(

Domie
Top Rater

Post by Domie » October 7th, 2013, 5:37 pm

Anasa wrote:
Quintessence wrote:Mine dropped on the 7th kill. In-game it says it's a P/S, but on WarcraftPets it says S/S. Not sure which is correct >_<
Brand new pets are hard for the various tools to parse. I know when I got my Ruby Droplet, my UI said it was P/S. When it leveled off the first tamer, it changed to B/B. I think it sometimes just doesn't know the breed until its first "ding."
I think they just check the stats and make an assumtion from that, but since not all pets have the same base stats it cant say for certain on the breeds at lower level, the further you level the clearer it gets :)
Gobbletone wrote:I have been doing this on four different realms, nearly every hour. I have collected everything but moon moon.. patience, patience. :(
Damn it Moon Moon, we been waiting here for hours!

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Yalina » October 7th, 2013, 5:58 pm

What's the respawn time?

Domie
Top Rater

Post by Domie » October 7th, 2013, 6:17 pm

Yalina wrote:What's the respawn time?
About 1 hour, assuming the smaller wolfs gets killed off.

Merilwen
Pet Score:5058
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Merilwen » October 7th, 2013, 7:17 pm

I've killed Moonfang a total of 18 times and still no pet, random hates me :(

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » October 7th, 2013, 8:34 pm

New hotfix for Moonfang:

Moonfang should now always drop something when defeated.