Moon Moon

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us
Re: Moon Moon

Post by Yamum » October 6th, 2013, 6:03 am

Vasala wrote:Out of curiosity has the Darkmoon Rabbit changed to this style of tagging / loot or is it the same as it has been?
Same as before. Just had one ninja looted by Axel-Kilrogg. Name and shame!

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » October 6th, 2013, 6:17 am

Got the pet from 6th kill, sadly it is P/S so I need to camp here a bit more. :P
- Taking your candles since 2005

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » October 6th, 2013, 6:21 am

P/P is def also a thing, just got one :)

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Simmias » October 6th, 2013, 6:31 am

Yamum wrote:
Vasala wrote:Out of curiosity has the Darkmoon Rabbit changed to this style of tagging / loot or is it the same as it has been?
Same as before. Just had one ninja looted by Axel-Kilrogg. Name and shame!
every single rabbit is usually ninja looted. Blame blizz for such a stupid system.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » October 6th, 2013, 8:24 am

Aquired a PS Moon Moon, but a collector friend gave me a sweet offer. Their PP for my PS and a timeless isle pet they were missing, so i bought them a skunky alemental for 3400g.

Edit:

Having toyed for a bit with Moon Moon, I think he is around a mid tier pet. His combo of Moon Tears, Howl and Moon Fang can deliver catastrophic damage to a flyer. Though I find myself wishing Moon Tears was a clone of Moonfire and not Starfall, as it feels a fair bit impotent.

Also, Moon Fang can miss, only having 85% hitchance. And not being dragonkin, flyers deals full damage to Moon Moon. The arcane dragons remains the superior flyer killers, Lil Tarecgosa, Nexus Whelpling, Chrominius, Azure Whelpling and Emerald Proto Whelp.

Finally Moon Moon is a noisy pet and will frequently woof loudly.

Aeolyn
Pet Score:2593
Realm:Gorgonnash-us

Post by Aeolyn » October 6th, 2013, 11:47 am

Moon Moon has a top tier idle animation for whatever that might be worth.

Still trying to get one. Been setting an alarm and sleeping in 50 minute chunks. I'm sure this won't have any negative backlash on my internal clock at all. :?

Aeolyn

Post by Aeolyn » October 6th, 2013, 1:27 pm

I just got one!

Kind of. My better half got 2 in a row and gave me the second one. It ended up being P/P.

If you /dance with him he calls down a wide beam of moonlight and dances in it. It's pretty flippin' cool.

Mizix
Top Rater
Pet Score:7887
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Mizix » October 6th, 2013, 2:12 pm

I also got mine on the 6th kill, P/P breed. Droprate doesn't seem too bad, as in every kill I was in someone always got it (I went with groups of 15-20 people, not the madness of high-populated realms). But then RNG is RNG. I'm just glad this did not turn out in a long and frustrating farming-session, I had enough with the Crow^^

Now, maybe, there is some hope that Blizzard will change the tagging of Darkmoon Rabbit and put it on personal loot, Timeless Isle's style. Pleeeease

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 6th, 2013, 2:39 pm

Mine dropped on the 7th kill. In-game it says it's a P/S, but on WarcraftPets it says S/S. Not sure which is correct >_<
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Aeolyn

Post by Aeolyn » October 6th, 2013, 2:53 pm

Quintessence wrote:Mine dropped on the 7th kill. In-game it says it's a P/S, but on WarcraftPets it says S/S. Not sure which is correct >_<
What are the stats? If it says 13 Speed at level 1 you know it's S/S for sure.

P/S should be 12 Power 12 Speed at level one, I think.

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » October 6th, 2013, 3:16 pm

Quintessence wrote:Mine dropped on the 7th kill. In-game it says it's a P/S, but on WarcraftPets it says S/S. Not sure which is correct >_<
If you are using BattlePetBreedID, the tooltip only shows two breeds as S/S wasn't known of during the current version. This puzzled me at first too and I thought mine was P/S, but it was S/S.

152/10/13 for lvl 1 S/S
152/13/10 for lvl 1 P/P
152/12/12 for lvl 1 P/S
- Taking your candles since 2005

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928

Post by Quintessence » October 6th, 2013, 3:55 pm

Thanks for the clarification. Turns out my Moon Moon is a S/S.

Not that I'm overly picky about breed, but what breed suits Moon Moon? Is speed even worth it considering it has Moon Dance??
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Aeolyn

Post by Aeolyn » October 6th, 2013, 4:02 pm

I'm not sure there is a best. Speed makes the best use of Crouch in the second slot -- which can be used to extend the life of your Beast passive.

Aside from that none of his moves are really dependent on speed. I think the real question is do you want to use Dazzle Dance for the other things on your team or not.

Moon Tears seems kind of meh but at least it provides Moonlight weather for harder hitting Moon Fangs.

Personally I will probably just keep my P/P for maximum Beast passive damage. But I could see different players preferring any of the breeds.

Quil2
Pet Score:3642
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Quil2 » October 6th, 2013, 4:23 pm

Between multiple characters/servers and two accounts, I've killed Moonfang about 25-30 times, no pet yet. It's not THAT common. ;)

I did find non 90s were also getting loot, so I tried him on some other servers where he was spawning off hour, between kills. I also found one server with 100 people waiting for him to spawn, but ignoring the small wolves. After 15 min or so, the small wolves were no where to be seen and Moonfang never spawned.

Gabrizar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13693
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gabrizar » October 6th, 2013, 5:22 pm

Counting 12-14 kills now, still no sign of Moon Moon. Moonfang seems to be a big old mean wolfie, who also dont like me just like half of the bosses of the Isle.

Ah well, new day tomorrow, but nowhere are common as reading this thread first made me think. Or I am just cursed with bad luck on pets and mounts.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114

Post by GilroyKilroy » October 6th, 2013, 6:10 pm

RNG must like today me. In 5 kills I got two, a P/P and P/S :)

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » October 6th, 2013, 6:50 pm

Got a P/P on my 4th or 5th kill and immediately had people asking to buy it. The drop rate seems low but not impossibly low. Still trying to get the temporary mount so who knows, maybe a second pet is a possibility.

Milkywind
Pet Score:3314

Post by Milkywind » October 7th, 2013, 6:15 am

Simmias wrote: every single rabbit is usually ninja looted. Blame blizz for such a stupid system.
Man, I got so lucky today. First time doing rabbit. Some random guy started a group. Horde was contesting it. We had 8. They had 25.

I went on openraid to recruit at least 20 more. Basically led the group with markers/commands/resetting/mass ress to contest it. Then the leader KICKS ME for no reason!!!

Luckily, my friend invited me back to the group. Then I DCed right after. When I logged back in, I still had the dice roll. Rolled the dice, got 92, and I won! And that was rolling against 40 people! What odds!