Pierre + Rascal-Bot can now be caged/traded

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Pierre + Rascal-Bot can now be caged/traded

Post by Quintessence » September 26th, 2013, 10:34 pm

Jonathan LeCraft ‏Tweeted: Pierre and Rascal-Bot have been hotfixed so they can be traded and caged. They are also no longer unique.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Quil2
Pet Score:3642
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Re: Pierre + Rascal-Bot can now be caged/traded

Post by Quil2 » September 27th, 2013, 12:03 am

Yes, I was very surprised when I just scanned the AH and it showed a Rascat-Bot for sale!

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » September 27th, 2013, 12:18 am

Well that didn't take long...
- Taking your candles since 2005

Gracies
Pet Score:5026
BattleTag®:Graciepriest#1638
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Gracies » September 27th, 2013, 12:56 am

So excited I can make these cuties for friends now :D!!!

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » September 27th, 2013, 4:56 am

Huh, that was sure interesting.

Hargrid
Pet Score:6715
Realm:Antonidas-eu

Post by Hargrid » September 27th, 2013, 8:53 am

they will be expensice like hell. instead of 2 of those you can make a sky golem, that will cost tons of gold :/
only "cheap workaround" will be leveling engineering with a toon and craft them for self use...

Imeagle
Pet Score:2847
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Imeagle » September 27th, 2013, 9:06 am

Hargrid wrote:they will be expensice like hell. instead of 2 of those you can make a sky golem, that will cost tons of gold :/
only "cheap workaround" will be leveling engineering with a toon and craft them for self use...
50k on ER-H

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » September 27th, 2013, 9:37 am

Yeah, I was planning on making the mount first to sell ( only 1 engineer on my account) and then make the pets later. But this morning I noticed a Rascal on the AH for 100k, so I immediately made one and put it for 50k.

in unrelated news. I finally was able to buy my ethereal trader today for 100k, using gold I got from selling the other new 5.4 pets. Now I have to do it all again in order to get 100k to buy the vicious horror.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » September 27th, 2013, 10:15 am

Azrile wrote:Yeah, I was planning on making the mount first to sell ( only 1 engineer on my account) and then make the pets later. But this morning I noticed a Rascal on the AH for 100k, so I immediately made one and put it for 50k.

in unrelated news. I finally was able to buy my ethereal trader today for 100k, using gold I got from selling the other new 5.4 pets. Now I have to do it all again in order to get 100k to buy the vicious horror.
If you had put your Rascal up for 95k you would be a lot closer to your vicious horror and the prices would tank slower on your server. Being in a hurry for a quick buck kills your own profits and everyone else's on your server. You may not care, which is OK, but others reading this thread should consider the long-term impact of undercutting by so much. There is a reason people get rich on the AH by undercutting by a copper and just reposting when someone else undercuts them... If someone was smart they would have bought yours for 50k and relisted it for 95k (another way people get rich on the AH, while impatient people just make a little gold).

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » September 27th, 2013, 11:24 am

I said before the patch that they wouldn't be BoP.... guess Blizzard was just 2-3 weeks behind my thinking.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 27th, 2013, 11:45 am

Gilneas wrote:I said before the patch that they wouldn't be BoP.... guess Blizzard was just 2-3 weeks behind my thinking.
I think Blizzard's intent was to change the binding of the pets at some point, so it wasn't a matter of "if" but more of a "when". It could have been another bombling/smoky situation, where the change is implemented years later.

But it came sooner rather than later, so I guess that just means more engineering pets to go around now. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Quil2
Pet Score:3642
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Quil2 » September 27th, 2013, 12:17 pm

While I see several up in the 50k range on the big servers, and I see them up for 15k on small servers, are they even selling? Most of the pet collectors will be making their own, and the few that don't have an engineer likely have friends who can eventually make them for them now that they're tradable.

I had tried selling one on a big server to get some cash for other pets, but when people undercut at 50k I tried selling it in trade chat for less (40) and got no bites. Much lower than that, and I'll just keep it myself. ;)

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » September 27th, 2013, 1:03 pm

This reminds me of the tiny carp -- announced as BoP then eventually became BoE. But by the time they became BoE, nearly everyone who cared had already gotten one themselves. Becoming BoE happened faster with these guys, but there's also no RNG involved and we had many months' advance warning. So basically everyone who would be willing to spend big bucks already put the time into engineering and living steel to get these pets.

Also, everyone knows the cost of these pets: it's 15 living steel, 150 ghost iron bars, and some cooldown time. Combines like this have never commanded a big markup for any length of time. The price is rapidly going to trend down to the price of the mats.
Rendigar wrote:If you had put your Rascal up for 95k you would be a lot closer to your vicious horror and the prices would tank slower on your server. Being in a hurry for a quick buck kills your own profits and everyone else's on your server. You may not care, which is OK, but others reading this thread should consider the long-term impact of undercutting by so much. There is a reason people get rich on the AH by undercutting by a copper and just reposting when someone else undercuts them... If someone was smart they would have bought yours for 50k and relisted it for 95k (another way people get rich on the AH, while impatient people just make a little gold).
Or maybe he realizes that 100k is a completely unsustainable price and he just wants to cash out while he can? There's 3 Dandelion Frolickers on my AH, 2 are 200k and one is 50k. Should I be the smart guy and buy the 50k one and relist for 195k?

The only people who would spend more than 20k on these are incredibly impatient and very wealthy. Or ill-informed. But as you say, impatient people tend not to accumulate wealth, so that leaves the market for hyper-inflated Rascalbots rather small.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » September 27th, 2013, 1:45 pm

I don't see these coming down too far for awhile. Simply because of the 15 day cd. They seem to be selling from what I've seen in trade for 40 to 50k. This was on high pop servers like Stormrage and Zul'Jin (40 to 50K)- on low to Med pop Steamwheedle Cartel, Shadow Moon, and Wrymrest 55k to 70K. You'd be foolish to sell it too low right now, someone will simply buy it and put it up on the AH higher that happened on Zul'jin. I wished I'd had the gold there to do that. They were selling like hotcake last night for 50k - it seemed like people weren't even blinking at that price. Even with the perpetual undercutting and negotiating in trade going on no one went below 40k. Those selling simply said no that was too low.

I did watch several people in Stormrage trade selling them for 50k and undercutting those on the ah buy 1 to 2k. Who know what they ended up going for.

As more are out they I am sure they'll come down but I am thinking 20k is not going to happen until the market is saturated or you have a BUNCH of engineers trying to sell at the same time.

JMHO

(Both Rascal and Pierre)

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » September 27th, 2013, 1:51 pm

Poofah wrote:Or maybe he realizes that 100k is a completely unsustainable price and he just wants to cash out while he can? There's 3 Dandelion Frolickers on my AH, 2 are 200k and one is 50k. Should I be the smart guy and buy the 50k one and relist for 195k?

The only people who would spend more than 20k on these are incredibly impatient and very wealthy. Or ill-informed. But as you say, impatient people tend not to accumulate wealth, so that leaves the market for hyper-inflated Rascalbots rather small.
I totally agree with you that it is unsustainable for any length of time, and frankly this isn't the best example of killing a market -- but it does apply and does have the impact of shortening the time of unreasonably high prices. I am, however, completely willing to fleece the impatient, wealthy people of the world, and then make the pets/mounts at cost for my friends and guildmates. :) Heck, I am giving a fellow officer in my main's guild my 1st SkyClaw once I build it because he's been such a solid person for everyone to lean on, always giving of his time (and gold) just to help other people have a good time. I just hope I can do it before he buys one with one of his 15+ lvl 90's scattered across multiple servers and both factions.

*And in answer to your question - do you want to risk your 50k gold for a chance to make 145k (- fees) in profit? If it was me and I was willing to pay 50k for a Frolicker (which I am not), I would do it in a heartbeat. At most I am out the listing costs and I can keep the pet, once the going price drops below the 50k I paid. Needless to say, I am a terrible gambler - but I know enough not to gamble, so it's not all bad. Remember: a lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math!!

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » September 27th, 2013, 4:36 pm

Rendigar wrote:*And in answer to your question - do you want to risk your 50k gold for a chance to make 145k (- fees) in profit? If it was me and I was willing to pay 50k for a Frolicker (which I am not), I would do it in a heartbeat... Needless to say, I am a terrible gambler -
That's my point: it's a terrible gamble. Frolicker is not worth even 50k at this point in time: your chances to make a profit are incredibly small; the far likelier outcome is that you take a loss.

Rascalbot is precisely the same. It's simply not worth 100k. Making a quick and easy 50k sale is not at all unreasonable. Just because some other guy listed it at 100k doesn't mean that's the going price, or that anyone will pay 100k or 95k or 90k. If you play the undercutting game, you run the risk of dozens more Rascalbots hitting the market before you can make your sale, at which point you can no longer control the price at all.
Ravnhawk wrote:As more are out they I am sure they'll come down but I am thinking 20k is not going to happen until the market is saturated or you have a BUNCH of engineers trying to sell at the same time.
We have a pretty precise timeline for when the market will saturate. Wednesday was the first time anyone had 15 Jard's energy thingies due to the cooldown. In two more weeks all those engineers will have 15 more and can make a 2nd pet. A lot of these people want to keep their first 2 pets, which is the only thing keeping prices high. Two more weeks after that, a whole bunch of engineers will be making their 3rd pet, which will be entirely surplus.

Ebil
Pet Score:11957
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Ebil » September 27th, 2013, 10:04 pm

I am shocked that this change did not make it live.

@Poofah

Don't forget about the engineers that are saving for the mount first. Unless people are running two or more engineers they make take time off from the pet market for the mount, even if it is just for personal use.

Mystik_sok
Pet Score:10833
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Mystik_sok » September 29th, 2013, 10:42 am

I have to agree with the others, I don't think there is much of a chance that the new engr pets will sell for a 100k, they aren't particularly hard to get like the Horror and prices are sure to plummet rapidly as even those willing to pay 50k aren't going to be in great numbers. Putting it up there for 100k just seems to me like a pretty certain way to sell it for 25k or less in a couple of days.

Milkywind
Pet Score:3314
Realm:Gorgonnash-us

Post by Milkywind » September 30th, 2013, 4:09 am

first day they were cageable they were around 40-50k on illidan horde side

then it dropped to 30-40k

now around 24-30k

I'm not even sure if anyone have or has bought any of those pets at those high prices. IMO, it's more worth it to just level another character to get engy/alchemy if you don't have them already. IMO 50k is a lot of money. I don't even know where to beging to farm that much gold. For that time invested in getting the gold to buy the pets, you could have leveled another character for engy/alc (hence gaining a level 90 + the pets), killing two birds with one stone.

Bretonas
Top Rater
Pet Score:12312
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Bretonas » September 30th, 2013, 4:35 am

Seen [pet]Pierre[/pet] for 50k on my server yesterday. I highly doubt that's gonna sell at this price. Unless someone is loaded and clueless.

The only reason that would make those pets a little bit pricy is the fact that it takes 15 days to make. Nothing else really, it's not rare, the mats are not rare or difficult to get.
I'd expect both pets to quickly drop below 10k and even then I wouldn't buy it. Simply because any engineer could make it.