getting the Skywisp Moth with Engineering

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Meggz
Pet Score:4387
Realm:Nagrand-us
getting the Skywisp Moth with Engineering

Post by Meggz » September 22nd, 2013, 5:46 pm

Hey All

using my Engineering: Goblin Glider I managed to get the Skywisp Moth.

Approach the Timeless Isle on a flying mount and go as high as you can and when you get to the ‘zone’ you will be dismounted, deploy your glider and sail in and you can easily land on one of the rock formations where the moth spawns. I landed on the highest one near where the ghost ship spawns and had 5 moths to choose from. I managed to get an uncommon Skywisp Moth and a rare Coral Adder out of it. :)

from there you can also land on a lower platform which contains 2-3 more moths and a sturdy chest.

doing this saves you from having to buy a glider or an albatross ride.

this got me thinking, if I approach from the northern side could I land in the Ordos area and fight him even though I don’t have a legendary cloak as yet?
might have to try this.

hope this helps.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: getting the Skywisp Moth with Engineering

Post by Quintessence » September 22nd, 2013, 5:58 pm

Meggz wrote: this got me thinking, if I approach from the northern side could I land in the Ordos area and fight him even though I don’t have a legendary cloak as yet?
If you don't have the legendary cloak I think you'll get ported out.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Meggz
Pet Score:4387
Realm:Nagrand-us

Post by Meggz » September 22nd, 2013, 6:41 pm

oh well.. guess its back to the grind then.

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » September 23rd, 2013, 1:54 am

I think the easiest way is to battle the easily accessible moths and get a skywisp as secondary - got a rare that way while doing other stuff (maybe I was just lucky, but I doubt it ...)

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » September 23rd, 2013, 5:21 am

You dont even need to be an engineer for this. Go to the south east corner of the celestial arena and buy Golden Gliders from Ku-mo. You get 5 for 1000 timeless coins. Works exactly like the goblin glider.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » September 23rd, 2013, 1:19 pm

Another option is the three weekly chests. Once you've got the gleaming and rope chests you can click on the statue right in front of cinders area and it will launch you up into the air and give you a 1 minute slow fall buff. This works to get to at least on pillar that has skywisp moths it. Park an alt up there and keep checking back periodically or use the statue as many times as you want until you grab the third chest(s).

Sanzul
Pet Score:3503
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Sanzul » September 24th, 2013, 2:28 am

Getting on an albatross shouldn't be that much work. Finding a Skywisp Moth is easy that way, though trying to find a rare one is madness.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » September 24th, 2013, 3:53 am

Sanzul wrote:Getting on an albatross shouldn't be that much work. Finding a Skywisp Moth is easy that way, though trying to find a rare one is madness.
Thats what battle stones is for, upgrading pets that is an annoyance to find rares for.

Undeadgoat
Pet Score:2089
BattleTag®:undeadgoat#1254
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Post by Undeadgoat » September 26th, 2013, 6:04 pm

They can be found as background pets . . . I actually got mine battling the rat near the inn. Harder to grind rares that way though.

Beardydan
Pet Score:5027
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Post by Beardydan » September 26th, 2013, 6:20 pm

Plus one to the get a seconday & stone it club here :p

Wowaawee
Pet Score:12964
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Wowaawee » September 27th, 2013, 5:14 am

Thanks for the tip - got my Skywisp Moth :) . I also used my engineering goblin glider to land in the Ruby Lake and from there jumped down the waterfall to get to the Ordos area - you can fight the mobs and/or silver elites or stealth and get the chest that is in the courtyard but there are places you can't go without getting kicked out.

Go out to the North side of the island and then go into deeper water until you reach the Time-Lost Waters, then fly up very high and head for the Ruby Lake, and when you get dismounted deploy your glider. Fatigue set in, but there was plenty of time to summon flying mount and get up high in the air. I was able to stealth around the mobs and get the chest which contained a Burden of Eternity.
Meggz wrote:Hey All

using my Engineering: Goblin Glider I managed to get the Skywisp Moth.

Approach the Timeless Isle on a flying mount and go as high as you can and when you get to the ‘zone’ you will be dismounted, deploy your glider and sail in and you can easily land on one of the rock formations where the moth spawns. I landed on the highest one near where the ghost ship spawns and had 5 moths to choose from. I managed to get an uncommon Skywisp Moth and a rare Coral Adder out of it. :)

from there you can also land on a lower platform which contains 2-3 more moths and a sturdy chest.

doing this saves you from having to buy a glider or an albatross ride.

this got me thinking, if I approach from the northern side could I land in the Ordos area and fight him even though I don’t have a legendary cloak as yet?
might have to try this.

hope this helps.

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » September 27th, 2013, 7:59 pm

Meggz wrote:using my Engineering: Goblin Glider I managed to get the Skywisp Moth.
Thanks a lot. Looks like I have another daily now. :P

That P/S looks pretty nice. I wonder what the respawn rate is on those, cause I may burn through all the Skywhisps on the island just trying to get that rare breed.