Critique my battle team.

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Pokemon
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us
Critique my battle team.

Post by Pokemon » October 16th, 2012, 10:52 am

Onyxian Whelpling leads with Scorched Earth. Then I switch to Lil' Ragnaros and Conflagarate away. If they switch to a pet with aquatic attacks I switch to the Disgusting Oozeling...
So what do you think? Is there a better option for any of these roles that I overlooked? Any suggestions on moves or any of that jazz that should be changed?

Onyxian Whelpling
SLOT1: Tail Sweep
SLOT2: Healing Flame
SLOT3: Lift-Off

Lil' Ragnaros
SLOT1: Magma Wave
SLOT2: Conflagrate
SLOT3: Flamethrower

Disgusting Oozeling
SLOT1: Absorb
SLOT2: Corrosion
SLOT3: Acidic Goo

EDIT - Switched out Scorched Earth for Healing Flame on Onyxian Whelpling.
Last edited by Pokemon on October 16th, 2012, 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Critique my battle team.

Post by Poofah » October 16th, 2012, 11:24 am

Since you give lil Rag flamerthrower, he doesn't need scorched earth to make use of conflagrate: he can be self-sufficient, and you wouldn't have to pet swap right off the bat. Alternatively you could give him Sons of the Living Flame instead of Flamethrower, but that will end up being awkward if the opponent has weather effects. This would also let you give Ony Healing Flame.

The Ooze is great for dealing with most humanoids, although I bet Pandaren Monk would still give you fits. Also, with only Lift-Off as an avoidance ability, Summit Kid or random Ram/Sheep type pets would probably be guaranteed to KO at least one of your guys.

Lastly, although I really like Ooze, he isn't that great a counter for aquatic, since his bread and butter ability is weak vs aquatic (Absorb), and several of the popular aquatics don't actually have aquatic-type attacks: crabs/magical crawdad usually use a beast attack. Ony would probably be your best bet vs aquatics, as Lift-Off is pretty scary for them. Ooze is great for grinding it out vs a lot of different pets though.

Pokemon
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Re: Critique my battle team.

Post by Pokemon » October 16th, 2012, 11:44 am

I did not realize that Flamethrower applied the burning effect. Thanks for the tip!