taming kalimador?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
BlueFlameWolf
Realm:Khaz Modan-us
taming kalimador?

Post by BlueFlameWolf » October 16th, 2012, 8:55 am

not sure if this is the right section but if theres any tamers out there who could lend alittle advise...id greatly appreciate it!

My main is an 89 alliance..iv already done the taming eastern kingdoms..an i completed the quests for kalimdor...or so i thought. I did some reading an in my achievment i was still missing about 6 masters. I read that in order to defeat them, you have to take the quest on a horde alt...

so i made a goblin since i still needed the crab from them anyway, an got it to around lvl 12 (finally off the island an to org where i could tak the quest) i also read, all i had to do was take the quest an i could do the rest on my alliance main...i went to the first horde master (zunta?) an defeated her an turned in...but theres no fallow up? on the alliance one you get another quest to go fight the other tamers an so on but it never gave me another...

anyway i logged back in later, an on my little horde alt it said i had completed the achievment for taming kalimador?? with names checked off on tamers i never even faught...so i went an checked the achievment on my alliance an those are still greyed out an no achievment...the only one i have is taming eastern kingdoms...

needless to say im confused :/ an down right frustrated! How did yall do it? I read around on WoWhead but not many people fully explained the lenghts they had to go threw to get it done or how they managed to get the other quests other then "make a alt blah blah blah"

Gradivus
Top Rater
Pet Score:1632
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Re: taming kalimador?

Post by Gradivus » October 16th, 2012, 9:09 am

The fact you got that Achievement on your horde character baffles me and had to be of some glitch, which seem all to common in the current build of WoW.

But basically the way its done:

Accept on horde, complete on Alliance.

Basically the way you did it, Accept the quest on a horde alt and complete it on your Alliance character.
Now where this went foggy for you, was the lack of follow up quest, Unfortunately you will only get the follow up on your horde character, So you would have to log over and accept the next part on your horde character then swap over once again. Rinse and repeat until all are down.

I also don't see why it wouldn't be possible just to complete it all on a horde alt rather then swapping back and forth (other then losing the bag for your alliance character)

I personally do not agree with this method that Blizzard has forced us to do, and think its disgusting for us Achievement seekers and pet collectors. There is no reason why they couldn't have made all the Trainers neutral to both horde and alliance.
IMO its just their pathetic attempt to make people sink more time into the game, But in reality it doesn't really do anything for them but create an annoying inconvenience to their players /endrage

BlueFlameWolf
Realm:Khaz Modan-us

Post by BlueFlameWolf » October 16th, 2012, 9:19 am

Gradivus wrote:
Basically the way you did it, Accept the quest on a horde alt and complete it on your Alliance character.
Now where this went foggy for you, was the lack of follow up quest, Unfortunately you will only get the follow up on your horde character, So you would have to log over and accept the next part on your horde character then swap over once again. Rinse and repeat until all are down.
i did this actually. after i did the quest i switched over to the horde alt to accept the other an it wasnt there. it wasnt giving me any other quests....i logged out, deleted my cache an still nothing so decided to try later. when i came back later i had all of them completed on the achievment...but only to my horde alt...ugh

i was looking threw the forums though an someone made a similar topic. Someone mentioned that you have to be a specific lvl to battle those in certain zones...my little horde is lvl 12 an i was only able to take the first quest.....someone recommended making a dk an going back....ugh but i dont want to waste more time if this doesnt work lol

what lvl alts did yall have to make in order to complete the tamer achievments? clearly you need a horde/alliance alts/mains but do they really have to be specific lvls to take all the quests? I read you only had to be lvl 5 to take the quests an then could just do them on ur mains -.- so im not sure what to do now

Gradivus
Top Rater
Pet Score:1632
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Gradivus » October 16th, 2012, 9:24 am

I haven't done this for myself yet, But did do it on my wife's account for her.

Unfortunately I took the route you are cringing over and used a DK. And yes I know your pain, doing that DK starting zone just to accept a few quests is a pain.

Luckily on my account I already have a horde DK ready to go, from back when I was trying to farm the Black Tabby cat... before it was alliance available.

I honestly cant say if you are just hitting bad luck and glitches or if there is a level requirement on some of the Tamers.

Jbonezzz
Top Rater
Pet Score:6183
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Jbonezzz » October 17th, 2012, 1:04 pm

I am having a similar problem. On my 85 Dwarf hunter several of the names were not checked off and I could not interact with them so I used my 65 Orc hunter and completed Taming Kalimdor. On my Horde I have the Taming Kalimdor completed and on my Alliance I have Taming Eastern Kingdoms, the converse are grayed out but all are checked off. I have done a couple of days worth of dailies on each and am wondering/hoping that something is bugged or someone will explain how to get them completed because other wise the meta Taming Azeroth will be unobtainable. I am opening a petition in game but that will probably take 3 or 4 days to get answered. Will update when I get a reply.