Share pet collecting news and advice.
Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us
Re: Evil Crab of Doom

Post by Worgenbait » September 22nd, 2013, 1:00 pm

At least you are seeing the crab spawn. I've spent an hour a day ay least trying to get it to spawn and I haven't even seen it yet. Thankfully, I bought the pet for just 2K when someone put it on the AH and didn't know what they had.

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » September 22nd, 2013, 3:53 pm

Honestly, it's the only one I have ever seen on the AH on my server, which is why I think I got it for so little, no comparison price and someone not knowing what they had. Hell, that add-on that's announcing rares to world chat and their life percentage, I've only seen the crab mentioned once in almost 2 weeks, while I see the python and crane about 4-5 times an hour. Just drives me nuts, because besides collecting pets, I'm an achievement hunter, and that's the only rare spawn I have needed to kill for the achieve for over a week now.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » September 23rd, 2013, 2:55 pm

Definitely one of the rarer rares. Not sure if it's just that people don't kill the crabs as much, but, yea. Over a week now and I've only seen the rare crab once.

Poxx
Pet Score:5148
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Poxx » September 23rd, 2013, 3:26 pm

I am very happy I managed to trade a spineclaw crab for some other pets. That rare is the one I have seen the least (besides the Giant, which took me a week to find and kill).

Overall, the rares are very, very stingy with drops for me. Got a few cranes from nests (doesn't really count), got 2 death adder hatchlings and 1 ashleaf spriteling. I have gotten the same amount of pets from my own faction's auction house and that was very surprising seeing how empty it usually is. The pets were also very underpriced so not complaining there.

These rares are pure evil concerning drops, that's for damn sure.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » September 23rd, 2013, 3:55 pm

To be honest, I'm thinking I've already left it too late to get a shot at some of the rare pets. Several were listed on the AH in the first couple of days, but they have gone already, and the island is already much much quieter than it was in the first week. Doesn't help that I play on the under-represented faction on a medium population server, so the AH is often empty of anything decent. Damn my hesitation! ;)

Sanzul
Pet Score:3503
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Sanzul » September 25th, 2013, 6:31 pm

Graven wrote:To be honest, I'm thinking I've already left it too late to get a shot at some of the rare pets.
Most of them are actually easier to get now than they were two weeks ago. All the rares that are on timers will be up more. The crab and the snakes are the two exceptions to that rule, unfortunately.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » September 25th, 2013, 10:31 pm

where are you farming crabs? I believe the area just north of the horde FP is the best spot, there are 6 or 7 crabs within spell range.

Venun
Pet Score:2735
BattleTag®:Venun#2613
Realm:Twisting Nether-eu

Post by Venun » September 27th, 2013, 3:46 am

If you have this issue on any other pets, I'm on a high pop server, everything is on the ah. If you can make it a worthwile trade (aka trade other pets), I should be able to get you anything you need :p

Venun#2613, add me if you need something like this.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » September 27th, 2013, 6:40 am

Worgenbait wrote:Honestly, it's the only one I have ever seen on the AH on my server, which is why I think I got it for so little, no comparison price and someone not knowing what they had. Hell, that add-on that's announcing rares to world chat and their life percentage, I've only seen the crab mentioned once in almost 2 weeks, while I see the python and crane about 4-5 times an hour. Just drives me nuts, because besides collecting pets, I'm an achievement hunter, and that's the only rare spawn I have needed to kill for the achieve for over a week now.
I love achievements, and your last sentence is why even if it appears on the AH I cannot buy any of the pets and be done... You're Going To Need A Bigger Bag for getting all of the special drops from pretty much every rare on the island - buying or being handed the caged pets does NOT count for the achievement (I'd been given a ruby droplet and skunky alemental, I did not get credit for the alemental until it dropped for me, still need the ruby droplet and many others).

Aeolyn
Pet Score:2593
Realm:Gorgonnash-us

Post by Aeolyn » September 27th, 2013, 10:46 am

This crab is my bane. I'm tabbed out waiting for them all to repop for the millionth time right now. Still able to count the number of times I've killed the rare one on one hand. Is this thing really that much more common on the populated realms?