Farmer Nishi buffed? I laugh

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Farmer Nishi buffed? I laugh

Post by Luciandk » September 13th, 2013, 5:43 pm

I tried out [pet]xu-fu-cub-of-xuen[/pet] and he soloed the whole of her team on first try. That pet is an obscene powerhouse.

Once you learn to time [ability]Feed[/ability] to land just as an enemy hit knocks you below 50% after having used [ability]Prowl[/ability], you can do major damage and healing on next hit. Which is essential to keep Xu-Fu alive.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Farmer Nishi buffed? I laugh

Post by Quintessence » September 13th, 2013, 6:10 pm

I'll have to try using Xu-Fu out tonight. Sounds like fun! XD

Side topic: Do you think Xu-Fu is too strong? To the point where it needs a nerf? I guess the biggest factor would be how it fairs in PVP..?

I picked Xu-Fu first and foremost because of how well it did against me in the Celestial Tournament. But I do worry that it's too strong and will receive a reduction or change to its abilities.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » September 13th, 2013, 6:20 pm

The thing about Xu-Fu is that his moves is telegraphed a mile away and just asking for a dodge or a force swap to make him waste his feed. Plenty of ways to counter it, unlike pre-nerf Direhorn, which just self-synergized too well

Xu-Fu is powerful, but only if you can time his moves right, a canny player can easilly disrupt the sequence. NPC tamers are predictable and Xu-Fu excels against them. Infact Xu-Fu does extremely well against Singing Sunflower, because of Sunlight empowering his feed and bringing him close to 50% life to dip under it easilly to gain a huge lifebuffer thanks to the empowered feed.

I see Xu-Fu as alike the [pet]Kun-Lai Runt[/pet], which can be irritating if you dont know how to deal with it. Such as swapping out when you get the debuff to blunt his burst. A strong pet, but with plenty of counters.

Zythehealer
Pet Score:2908
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Zythehealer » September 13th, 2013, 7:59 pm

Huh, my Water Strider is still tearing apart Nishi's team the same as always as long as RNG doesn't get me.

On another note, Chi-Chi completely solos the Pandaren Water Spirit :D

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » September 14th, 2013, 9:43 am

Ï should note you have to start with Xu-fu to deal enough damage to destroy the singing sunflower, just swap in your carry pet on toothbreaker when he goes under.

Nirnaeth101
Pet Score:3966
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Nirnaeth101 » September 16th, 2013, 3:39 am

PP Emperor Crab can still solo this fairly easily so you can lvl 2 carry pets.

PP Infinite Whelping can solo Shu and Whispering (but pretty RNG)

Anubisath Idol can solo Burning and Aki

PP Proto Whelp can solo Yon

Madsen
Pet Score:2729
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Madsen » September 16th, 2013, 1:50 pm

There is no point in leveling 2 carry pets at once. The xp is split. The only time it would be useful is if your pets are level 24 and you dont want to waste xp, but then your pets are 24 and it doesn't matter much what team you play.

Sanzul
Pet Score:3503
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Sanzul » September 16th, 2013, 4:42 pm

My [pet]Pandaren water spirit[/pet] still wrecks that whole team. I had to change my setup from 122 to 111, but the same pet still does the job. The change to the elemental racial allowing your [ability]Healing Wave[/ability] to benefit from the flower's sunlight made an outlasting approach more viable, and [ability]Dive[/ability] obviously counters the big hits well.
Zythehealer wrote:On another note, Chi-Chi completely solos the Pandaren Water Spirit :D
To be fair, my [pet]Imperial Eagle Chick[/pet] can usually do that too. The fish will do zero damage to a pet with [ability]Liftoff[/ability], which also allows you to dodge the elemental's burst combo.

Katzbalger
Pet Score:3554
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by Katzbalger » September 17th, 2013, 9:41 am

Yeah water spirit actually got easier with the change, now I just leave my wildhammer gryphon hatchling in the whole fight, apart from switching the carry in for 1st round of ele. Thundering no real change either, I just switched from sunreaver vs his ooze to scourged whelpling with tail sweep now it's magic.

Whiplash
Pet Score:4909
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Whiplash » September 17th, 2013, 12:22 pm

I have been using carry pet, Fishy, and Clockwork Gnome.
Carry pet gets a hit and swaps.
Fishy uses Whirlpool, Cleasing Rain, and Water Jet to destroy the elementals.
Clockwork Gnome destroys the beast.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » September 22nd, 2013, 4:29 am

Honestly, sure Nishi is a tiny bit more challenging now. But it was a bugfix surely. Pre 5.4 I never saw the sunflower use the solar beam attack at all, rendering it a joke. Still several easy tamers to level up a lowbie on for that crucial first xp. Ive taken to focus primarilly on Courageous Yon and Aki the Chosen as their first pets cant 1shot a lowbie lvl 1.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » September 22nd, 2013, 6:48 am

Luciandk wrote:Ive taken to focus primarilly on Courageous Yon and Aki the Chosen as their first pets cant 1shot a lowbie lvl 1.
I totally agree with this. If I only have time for one or two "easy" battles a day I'll now pick Aki and Yon for a quick boost, rather than Nishi. However, although it took a little while to readjust for Nishi, I discovered that Purple Puffer - Boost - Darkmoon Zepplin works consistantly well.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » September 23rd, 2013, 11:24 am

Morríghan wrote:I HATE Nishi with a passion now. I don't have a very big selection of lvl 25 big hitters that would chew her up (my blowfish gets decimated!),
*hate, hate, hate, hate...."
I'm curious how you're using the blowfish (which moveset) as my puffer consistently solos Nishi, even post-patch.

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » September 23rd, 2013, 1:37 pm

I'm still using an Eternal Strider vs. Nishi, and it still takes out both elementals easily. Any decent mech mops up the beast.

Yeah, she's a little harder, but it was pretty obvious her AI was bugged before.

Undeadgoat
Pet Score:2089
BattleTag®:undeadgoat#1254
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Post by Undeadgoat » September 23rd, 2013, 8:34 pm

I use a frog vs. Nishi a lot, and those can be tamed in Pandaria so you'll only have 2-4 levels to get them up to 25. Snails are also good vs. elementals, I imagine that if you have some blue 23 turtles, frogs, striders or snails sitting around they would easily deal with Nishi . . . and if you don't have any strong DPS mechanicals to finish off her grub, moths are VERY effective against beasts and can be tamed all over Pandaria.

Actually, getting a bit off-topic here but I've found that moths are VERY strong and well worth leveling if you don't have one, my Amber Moth or Gilded Moth can solo almost any Pandaria wild battle!