Raid Setting for Serpentshire Cavern?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Slab
Pet Score:3088
Realm:Nesingwary-us
Raid Setting for Serpentshire Cavern?

Post by Slab » September 21st, 2013, 5:39 pm

Am I missing/forgetting something? When RWL II first came out, we got several of the pets, but still need one more Coilfang Stalker. And we've been going back, 2 tries a week, for months, and not only have we not gotten a single Coilfang, but it's now been somewhere in the neighborhood of at least 2 months since we've seen ANY pet drop there. I'm starting to question if we have the dungeon or raid settings wrong, and can't remember, nor can i find ANY indication, of it being setup specific.

We're changing it to 5 person Heroic and 25 person Raid Heroic before we go in, every time. Right? Wrong? Just insanely bad luck (which sadly I'm used to)?

Ebil
Pet Score:11957
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: Raid Setting for Serpentshire Cavern?

Post by Ebil » September 21st, 2013, 11:50 pm

I would say bad luck, I did SSC a few weeks ago as a guild event and two pets drop. The stalker has crappy droprate so it still goes for close to 10k on my server.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » September 23rd, 2013, 5:41 am

For all BC raids there is no setting it's just straight 25man auto (10 man for Kara) as soon as you enter. So it's just really bad RNG for you it seems.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » September 23rd, 2013, 2:51 pm

I'm not sure if it's a stealth drop-rate change (wouldn't put it past them) or what, but I've noticed the same thing. In the early weeks of 5.3 I was getting on average one pet per run, and had two Stalkers drop in the first few weeks when I was only farming it with two toons. Since then I have killed Vashj every week on those two toons, as well as a few extra times with another toon, and have not seen another Stalker drop. As you said, even the Tideskipper and Waveling don't seem to be dropping anywhere near as often either.

I listed those two Stalkers at an inflated price, not expecting them to sell, but both of them were snapped up within an hour of listing. A bit annoying to me that I now can't seem to replace him for my collection, but I guess it serves me right for being "greedy" - at least the cash went to good use, buying other pets for my collection. :?

Poxx
Pet Score:5148
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Poxx » September 24th, 2013, 7:06 am

Starting to think the same (the stealth change). Can't get a pet to drop for me the past few weeks, for the life of me. Before that, it was at least 1-2 pets per toon, now I am lucky to get 1-2 combined. So I stopped with the 25m raids, just running Kara now as it is much faster and I have all the pets for myself already anyway.

Ebil
Pet Score:11957
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Ebil » September 24th, 2013, 2:56 pm

I have only ever gotten one pet from SSC and I was running it with three characters.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » September 25th, 2013, 7:57 am

Heh, well after posting in this thread, I found a P/B Stalker for only 3500g. I guess my complaining paid off :)

With that in mind, I'd like to take this opportunity to complain about how I can never find a viscous horror in the AH. ;)