just a heads up, EU celestial tournament is reset!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
just a heads up, EU celestial tournament is reset!

Post by Luciandk » September 16th, 2013, 9:25 pm

Exact same trainers as last week. Taran Zhu, Chen Stormstout and Wrathion. Easilly broke their teams today and blew up the celestials.

Edit
[pet]Ruby Droplet[/pet] works quite well on Taran Zhu's monks. Managed to destroy all 3 with the Ruby Droplet and a Crawling Claw, as the Ruby Droplet couldnt overcome the healing of the monk with bandages.

Restofarian
Top Rater
Pet Score:4064
BattleTag®:Restofarian#1262
Realm:Azralon-us

Re: just a heads up, EU celestial tournament is reset!

Post by Restofarian » September 16th, 2013, 11:14 pm

but what? did u have the quest available again?

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » September 17th, 2013, 3:22 am

It's a strange quirk of Pet Battle weeklies that they reset for EU on Tuesday morning, not Wednesday morning (which is our maintenance).

I have a strange feeling though that we'll get a new set of trainers tomorrow after maintenance though.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » September 17th, 2013, 3:22 am

Restofarian wrote:but what? did u have the quest available again?

Indeed I did!

Restofarian
Top Rater
Pet Score:4064
BattleTag®:Restofarian#1262
Realm:Azralon-us

Post by Restofarian » September 17th, 2013, 4:03 am

damm. didnt have same luck in us servers. checked all I could.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » September 17th, 2013, 4:26 am

You guys had your maintenance yet?

Keavy
Top Rater
Pet Score:3862
Realm:Ahn'Qiraj-eu

Post by Keavy » September 17th, 2013, 5:07 am

Im not gonna complete the tournament today incase we indeed get other trainers tomorrow. But I sure am gonna spend the whole day playing :D

Gonna lvl my Ruby Droplet first so I can try it out.

Cartez
Pet Score:2988
Realm:Sinstralis-eu

Post by Cartez » September 17th, 2013, 5:33 am

i just did it with the same trainer as last week (EU server) , i won't finish the quest as I am valor capped.
I did it at first try \o/

One thing : not sure if I do remember well but it look like some stuff has changed, like the speed of some of the celestials
I was quite sure that my SS rabit was faster than the frosty like of wrathion but maybe my memory is wrong

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » September 17th, 2013, 10:19 am

Gromagrim wrote:It's a strange quirk of Pet Battle weeklies that they reset for EU on Tuesday morning, not Wednesday morning (which is our maintenance).

I have a strange feeling though that we'll get a new set of trainers tomorrow after maintenance though.
This is true for US servers too, but the window is smaller. Weeklies reset Tuesday morning at 3am, then maintenance typically is at 5am. I also would suspect that the tamers will reshuffle after maintenance, but I guess it's not guaranteed -- after all, we don't have maintenance every week. So maybe the Tourney is resetting with the normal raid lockout resets, which I believe is at 10am Tuesday morning for US? Or maybe the luck of the dice gave EU the same 3 tamers this week. Anyway we'll know soon enough.

A similar thing happens with the Darkmoon Fair -- it starts at midnight on Saturday night/Sunday morning, but the tamer daily resets at 3am. So you have a small window to fight the DM tamer 12-3am Sunday morning, and have it reset again for the rest of Sunday, which gives you one extra shot at him over the course of the Fair.

Gromagrim

Post by Gromagrim » September 17th, 2013, 10:53 am

Pet weeklies reset Tue 3am, Raid lockout resets Wed 3am. It's odd.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » September 17th, 2013, 12:04 pm

Gromagrim wrote:Pet weeklies reset Tue 3am, Raid lockout resets Wed 3am. It's odd.
Not correct on raid lockouts, they reset wed 9am. But LFR resets at Wed 3am.

Gromagrim

Post by Gromagrim » September 17th, 2013, 7:31 pm

Indeed, LFR lockout and World Boss 'lockout'

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » September 18th, 2013, 4:32 am

Yesterday (after the reset) there was the last week's set of tamers, today it's a different set. Oh well, it's time to look for some team set ups.

Gromagrim

Post by Gromagrim » September 18th, 2013, 5:32 am

I did my tournament last night, can you update us with shich trainers are now up?

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » September 18th, 2013, 8:11 am

Blingtron 4000, Shademaster Kiryn, Wise Mari are up (I play on Russian Fordragon, if that helps). Maybe the rest of EU servers have another setup?

Mummymermaid
Pet Score:3488
BattleTag®:mummymermaid#1233

Post by Mummymermaid » September 18th, 2013, 2:19 pm

iam gutted i thought it would be Wednesday restart so i spent all week leveling and researching and i was so happy when i did the tourney last night...only to find i have missed the reset and so i dont have the quest to do it this week so i have to wait an extra week to get another pet...gutted....

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » September 18th, 2013, 4:04 pm

Mummymermaid wrote:iam gutted i thought it would be Wednesday restart so i spent all week leveling and researching and i was so happy when i did the tourney last night...only to find i have missed the reset and so i dont have the quest to do it this week so i have to wait an extra week to get another pet...gutted....
Well it takes 3 weeks to get each of the new pets after you get the 1st one. You do not get the quest for 2 bonus coins after the 1st victory. The flavor text tells you that, but I know alot of people don't read quests, they just accept their rewards and move on. You get a total of 3 coins the 1st week you win, and 1 coin each week for the the next 9 times you win. So you have to win 10 times to be able to buy all 4 pets.

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » September 18th, 2013, 4:28 pm

Delinda wrote:Blingtron 4000, Shademaster Kiryn, Wise Mari are up (I play on Russian Fordragon, if that helps). Maybe the rest of EU servers have another setup?
Got the same set of tamers up on an english PVE realm.
Anyone defeated them yet this week?
I wonder what to use for Blingtron. He's just too flashy!

Mummymermaid
Pet Score:3488
BattleTag®:mummymermaid#1233

Post by Mummymermaid » September 19th, 2013, 2:49 am

Rendigar wrote:
Mummymermaid wrote:iam gutted i thought it would be Wednesday restart so i spent all week leveling and researching and i was so happy when i did the tourney last night...only to find i have missed the reset and so i dont have the quest to do it this week so i have to wait an extra week to get another pet...gutted....
Well it takes 3 weeks to get each of the new pets after you get the 1st one. You do not get the quest for 2 bonus coins after the 1st victory. The flavor text tells you that, but I know alot of people don't read quests, they just accept their rewards and move on. You get a total of 3 coins the 1st week you win, and 1 coin each week for the the next 9 times you win. So you have to win 10 times to be able to buy all 4 pets.

i know that huni...i was saying that it will still take me an extra week because iam now a coin behind! with thinking the reset is on a wednesday and not a tuesday i handed in my quest on the first day the new quest started without knowing it! so now iam a coin behind as i cant do the quest this week as i have already done it without wanting too or realising..and i do read my quests thank you xx

Gromagrim

Post by Gromagrim » September 19th, 2013, 9:05 am

Mummymermaid wrote:i know that huni...i was saying that it will still take me an extra week because iam now a coin behind! with thinking the reset is on a wednesday and not a tuesday i handed in my quest on the first day the new quest started without knowing it! so now iam a coin behind as i cant do the quest this week as i have already done it without wanting too or realising..and i do read my quests thank you xx
I'm a bugger for leaving the PVP quest till Midnight on a Monday and then trying to rush through it before reset >_<.

Promised myself I'd not do that with the Celestial Tournament, but low and behold, monday night...

Done this week's already though, 1 coin down, two to go!