Sky Lantern not stonable?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us
Sky Lantern not stonable?

Post by Peanutty » September 14th, 2013, 8:16 pm

Hey, so wondering if anyone has had any luck stoning their Sky Lantern (or the other non battle pets, i.e. kites and squires)? I had stoned my other kites before 5.4 but when I went to stone the Sky Lantern, it didn't work. It did waste my stones though! I used both a flying stone since the kites used to be marked flying I believe, as well as a BoP stone. :( At least my old kites remained rare but it bugs me to see a green pet among all the blue. *shrug*

Cec
Pet Score:4796
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Re: Sky Lantern not stonable?

Post by Cec » September 15th, 2013, 8:18 am

Had same issue used 2 stones on it and its still green. It's very annoying having a green amongst my rare collection :roll:

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » September 15th, 2013, 3:51 pm

If it actually consumed your stone but didn't upgrade the pet it sounds like a bug.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » September 15th, 2013, 4:46 pm

I'll go ahead and submit a bug report then. I don't care so much about the stones used, more the fact that it consumed the stones and didn't upgrade.

Waveryn
Pet Score:13698
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Waveryn » September 17th, 2013, 9:24 am

I am not sure why one would stone it, the one I blew 7500 coins on, I found out it can not battle? I am hoping that is a glitch but it is a green/uncommon pet also.
Wave

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » September 17th, 2013, 1:58 pm

It is not a battle usable pet, same with the Chi-Ji Kite and Yu'Lon Kite which cannot battle. However I stoned both my Chi-Ji and Yu'Lon to rare before 5.4.

Crazy collectors like me want to stone it because we just don't like having a non rare pet in our list.

Also it shows as uncommon in the pet journal but is common quality when summoned. I don't think Bliz really thought this through when they added it.

Petal
MVP
Pet Score:13758
BattleTag®:Petal#1921
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Petal » September 20th, 2013, 5:42 pm

Bah! If only I had checked the forums! I used a Flying stone and it "used" it, but did not upgrade. Put in a GM ticket. Let's hope it gets fixed. :?

Bretonas
Top Rater
Pet Score:12312
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Bretonas » September 23rd, 2013, 5:55 am

I'm just wondering if that's because there is an issue with the armory or something else, but that pet is showing up as 'poor' in my collection. Is that normal? I don't really care whether I can battle with it or not, but since I have no other 'poor' pets or even 'common' ones, it looks a bit bad (ish) in the collection. ;)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 23rd, 2013, 3:39 pm

Bretonas wrote:I'm just wondering if that's because there is an issue with the armory or something else, but that pet is showing up as 'poor' in my collection. Is that normal?
When a pet is not added properly the armory, we can't formally track the quality since collection tracking relies on imports from the armory. This can result in having to manually add a pet to your collection or a pet not being assigned the correct quality, as in the case with the Sky Lantern.

However, with a bit of profile tweaking, the Sky Lantern's base, default quality should now be uncommon. Hope this helps! :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Cec
Pet Score:4796

Post by Cec » September 26th, 2013, 5:46 am

For me its not even showing up neither on warcraftpets collection nor in the armory but it appears in my pet list. I repported the bug.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » September 26th, 2013, 6:56 pm

I just noticed another odd thing with this pet. It's showing up as a spell on my General tab in Spellbook (I was mass rezzing and noticed it). Makes me wonder how this pet's been coded and if that's part of the reason why it can't be stoned and wasn't/isn't showing up properly in armory or WCP.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » September 26th, 2013, 7:39 pm

Peanutty wrote:I just noticed another odd thing with this pet. It's showing up as a spell on my General tab in Spellbook (I was mass rezzing and noticed it). Makes me wonder how this pet's been coded and if that's part of the reason why it can't be stoned and wasn't/isn't showing up properly in armory or WCP.
It's showing up in my Spellbook too. That's really strange and you're probably right. Something must be wrong with how it was coded into the game. Hopefully Blizzard will get around to fixing this in the near future.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114

Post by GilroyKilroy » October 4th, 2013, 5:17 pm

Was this fixed yet?

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » October 4th, 2013, 9:02 pm

It's still showing up in my spellbook in-game, and I still can't find it on the Blizzard armory. So my guess is no :(

Messi
Top Rater
Pet Score:13840
BattleTag®:Messi#2444

Post by Messi » November 3rd, 2013, 6:50 am

Did 5.4.1 fix the not being able to upgrade this pet problem ?

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » November 3rd, 2013, 12:36 pm

Non-combat pets to not show as rare if you used a stone on them, but they are technically rare; you can re-summon the pet after you stone it to check. It's been a known issue since MoP released.

Here's the pets on this list so far:

Chi-Ji Kite
Yu'lon Kite
Argent Gruntling
Guild Herald
Guild Page
Argent Squire
Sky Lantern
Alliance Balloon
Darkmoon Balloon
Horde Balloon

essentially, it's any pet that can't battle.

Poxx
Pet Score:5148
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Poxx » November 3rd, 2013, 12:51 pm

Just checked it, will not go blue quality after feeding a stone to it.

Opallena
Top Rater

Post by Opallena » November 3rd, 2013, 1:45 pm

You have to dismiss them then re-summmon; my horde balloon shows as rare when i summon and mouse over. I looked at the sky lantern and it was white text and no family next to the level when I summoned it, so i doubt this applies to that pet but the others should work. Just make sure you're using the right family of stone on it. (argent pets and guild pets are humanoid, the others are flying)

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » November 3rd, 2013, 3:51 pm

The odd thing is the kites and balloons don't show as flying any longer (I believe they used to, they must've or it wouldn't have occurred to me to stone them).

I have tried both a Flying and a Marked Flawless Battle-Stone (the BoP version of BoE stone) and it didn't work. Tried again today and it still didn't work (at least it didn't consume the stone this time, it ate a Flying stone before). The Sky Lantern is also still showing in the General Tab of the spellbook of the toon that had purchased it.

Opallena
Top Rater

Post by Opallena » November 4th, 2013, 11:03 pm

Strange that yours aren't showing their types; mine are, but you have to mouse over to see both type and rarity of the pet.