New items that will allow you to upgrade companions to a hig

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Faquue
New items that will allow you to upgrade companions to a hig

Post by Faquue » October 12th, 2012, 7:43 am

Awsome now there will not be any reason search for a rare pet (in other words play the game) now you can make any pet ultra rare... another give away to the noobs.
And god forbid they should make wild pet battles actually mean something, apperently Blizz has no idea how to make something interesting... nope they just make everything into a boring grind that in the end everyone has the same crap. Might as well just wait to the next give away.... I mean patch and get everything for nothing.

Samboda
Pet Score:6980
Realm:Aggra (Português)-eu

Re: New items that will allow you to upgrade companions to a

Post by Samboda » October 12th, 2012, 8:17 am

Unless you can upgrade ALL the pets and not only those caught in the wild.

Kingdms

Post by Kingdms » October 12th, 2012, 12:26 pm

In many cases it will be much easier to pursue and capture Rare-quality pets than it will be to upgrade them; the upgrade items won't be too difficult to obtain, but doing so in large quantities is likely a task that will prove a lengthy grind. There are essentially two intended purposes for these items: to upgrade non-captured pets to higher qualities and to upgrade your favorite pets to Epic quality. Neither function truly steps on the toes of current system mechanics, though it could make obtaining Rares of certain notorious wild pets far easier.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » October 12th, 2012, 4:00 pm

The patch notes didn't mention upgrading past rare at all, so the epic upgrade items may not go into the game at all.

Similarly, if it's anything like Blizzard's usual small chance, I'm betting you'll have hit your 5000 battles achievement before you get enough stones on your own to upgrade any significant number of pets.

Kingdms

Post by Kingdms » October 12th, 2012, 4:12 pm

Tiggindy wrote:The patch notes didn't mention upgrading past rare at all, so the epic upgrade items may not go into the game at all.
Blizzard plans to add them to the game, but not part of the coming patch; they are slated as a future addition.

Taleranor
Pet Score:11827
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Post by Taleranor » October 13th, 2012, 12:16 am

Yes, exactly! It frustrates me that my winterspring frostsaber is only green, when it's been one of my top performers all along, and deserves to be higher quality.

It's also nice to be able to upgrade green pets you might have dedicated yourself to leveling in lieu of trying to find a blue. I have a few white or grey pets that I'd love to upgrade since trying to farm for better quality is just impractical. Like, for instance, my wanderer's festival hatchling. The place was crawling with collectors and I was lucky to even get one shot at a pet there. Or trying to find a decent stowaway rat in Deepholm.

I'd rather hunt wild blues, but it's nice that we have a chance to upgrade select pets.

Jetstream
Pet Score:2508
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Jetstream » October 13th, 2012, 9:47 pm

My Mechanical Squirrel shall be blue (or Purple!) and nobody will stop me! Nobody! :!:

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » October 14th, 2012, 12:39 am

It is rather nice they put this in... I love my Baby Blizzard Bear and its been amazing in battles but it would probably be better if it was a rare quality and not just uncommon.

Some of the other pets like Fel Flame and Minfernal when i get one will be upgrades as well because they're so rare its not worth it to farm a rare quality one

Zoologist
Pet Score:2144
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Zoologist » October 14th, 2012, 5:02 am

I like the idea - I just don't want the stones to be too common. Ie perhaps 1 or 2 to drop in a month of battles. I don't agree they should be available on AH. That place is inflated as it is.