Blizzcon virtual ticket

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu
Blizzcon virtual ticket

Post by Avalee » September 13th, 2013, 3:35 am

You can now purchase a virtual ticket for Blizzcon, but they haven't shown what's in the In-game goodie bag. I don't want to pay 30 euros, only to find out there's some tabard or mount I don't want.
It's the first time for me to see a virtual ticket thing, so will they show what we get for it or is it just a leap of faith there's a pet inside?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Blizzcon virtual ticket

Post by Quintessence » September 13th, 2013, 3:41 am

In previous years, they announced what the gift was as the sale began. This is the first year I've seen them start selling (virtual) tickets without letting us know what would be the bonus.

Even so, I'm fairly certain that they will announce what the gift is eventually. Likely before the actual convention, but if you don't want to take that risk, you can hold off on purchasing a virtual ticket for a little bit. IIRC the sale doesn't end until closer to the Blizzcon date. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (and I'll make it a point to purchase my own ticket asap! XD).
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » September 13th, 2013, 4:33 am

I would be pretty surprised if it isnt a pet. But im also sure they will reveal it before the sale stops, and the tickets are virtual, so its not like they are going to run out of tickets, if you just want it for the pet, you should just hold out a bit before buying it :)

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » September 13th, 2013, 6:34 am

I'll be getting a virtual ticket, pet or not, as I love watching it all (I'm in England so unlikely to ever be able to go there in person) but of course a pet would be an extra awesome bonus! :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » September 13th, 2013, 1:55 pm

I am holding out to see if is a pet. They could very well have some other vanity item I don't want.

Ligre
Pet Score:3056
BattleTag®:EricS#1876
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Ligre » September 13th, 2013, 2:07 pm

If it's anything less than a Murloc pet, I dunno if I can participate this year... :P

Quil2
Pet Score:3642
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Quil2 » September 13th, 2013, 2:22 pm

Hopefully it's a pet, but you'd think it would already be in the pet journal at this point.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » September 13th, 2013, 3:34 pm

Quintessence wrote:IIRC the sale doesn't end until closer to the Blizzcon date. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (and I'll make it a point to purchase my own ticket asap! XD).
I purchased my Virtual Ticket for the last Blizzcon the night before it started, since I was very indecisive about it at that time. They're willing to take your money till the last minute! 8-)

WHTJunior
Pet Score:8348
Realm:Terenas-us

Post by WHTJunior » September 14th, 2013, 11:23 am

The way I understood it from the last few times, is that they'll still accept your money, and you still get the rewards, even as the event is running... Of course, then you're just buying the pet outright. lol

Cyntaria
Pet Score:13711
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Cyntaria » September 14th, 2013, 12:04 pm

I attended Blizzcon in 2011 and due to some extreme partying on Friday night, I missed some of the discussion panels that I had wanted to see on Saturday morning. :mrgreen:. I actually purchased the Virtual Ticket that evening so I could go back and watch them later. The whole con was saved via the Virtual Ticket and I was able to go back and watch it up to a week later.

I don't believe there is a limit on the amount of Virtual Tickets they sell or a time limit on when you have to purchase them.