Ruby Droplet

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ruby Droplet

Post by Guest » September 11th, 2013, 6:07 pm

Repost from the O-Forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9948064781#1

Can I just get someone to post that has looted this pet? I've been killing Garnia since 10:00am today every 30-60 minutes depending on spawn timer. No one that has shared kills with me has gotten the pet to drop (that I can talk to). Just want to confirm it's in game and super low drop rate which is a bit silly since it has a long respawn than most on the island and a bit of a challenge to get to. And not the Filthling all over again that I spent hours farming to have Blizzard go .. "Oh wait a second"

Just really looking for confirmation that somewhere some place someone has looted this pet since it went live. Can't say I'd be "fine" with it being a 1 in 1000 drop but at least I know it exist!

Shiranui
Realm:Cenarius-us

Re: Ruby Droplet

Post by Shiranui » September 11th, 2013, 8:55 pm

between server up, & this evening finally one drop, four people were killing three got nothing one got Ruby Droplet, have screenies if you absolutely need confirmation but yes it did drop for someone.

Post by Guest » September 11th, 2013, 10:41 pm

Yeah Ravn linked one earlier, so it just must have super low drop rate. Just happy to know they are in the game :)

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » September 12th, 2013, 1:59 am

Question to Tilowolfe.

Would you happen to know if that was the persons first kill of the day of that rare?

I am hearing a lot of murmurs that pets ( and other special items) only have a chance to drop the first time you kill something each day. So there is no reason to camp anything. I believe this was mentioned on the wowhead review of Timeless Island.

That is the main proof.

But even something like the jade dancer, which drops from a normal mob on the island.. Both comments under that pet on wowhead say ´they got it on their very first kill. I know there is myself and others grinding those like crazy, but none of them, or me, have gotten it to drop... and obviously it was just two comments on wowhead.. but I am curious.. has anyone who farmed for the dancer, or the foreboding pet in the cave ( also grindable) actually gotten one to drop while grinding?

I think there is a very real chance the devs did such a thing, particularly for the rare spawns, but maybe even for the 2 farmable pets.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » September 12th, 2013, 2:17 am

Not sure if this helps

Jademist Dancer 40 - 50 kills minimum. (yes I've heard others getting it on the 2nd or 3rd try but my luck isn't quite that good.)

Ruby Droplet 5 tries 2 on day 1 - 3 tries day 3 got it on the last try

Ominous Flame 15 to 20 tries

Azure Crane Chick - hundreds and I am not kidding, hundreds of tries

Azrile

Post by Azrile » September 12th, 2013, 2:29 am

Thank you. that debunks both my rumors.

I have been grinding those dancers like crazy and have nothing. In any event, thanks for the news.. that gives me more patience.

Ruby - maybe 8 kills 0 drops
Nests - Hundreds 0 drops
Larvae guy 1 kill 1 drop
Snake 20ish kills 1 drop

But it is nice to know they are just RNG and there isn´t any gating put on them.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » September 12th, 2013, 9:56 pm

11 total kills on Garnia, 0 drops.

But there was one guy I grouped with that got it the first kill. So, he's a jerk :lol: , and the pet isn't given to everyone like the micro-sentry used to do.

Ligre
Pet Score:3056
BattleTag®:EricS#1876
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Ligre » September 13th, 2013, 1:08 am

Yah the Dancers are quite a pain. I went out there and solo'd about 60 of them with my Blood DK while I was completing the "obtain 50 Epoch Stones" quest. So, killed 2 birds with 1 stone there. :)

Girlgamerjen
Pet Score:2585
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Girlgamerjen » September 13th, 2013, 2:56 am

Azrile wrote:Question to Tilowolfe.

Would you happen to know if that was the persons first kill of the day of that rare?

I am hearing a lot of murmurs that pets ( and other special items) only have a chance to drop the first time you kill something each day. So there is no reason to camp anything. I believe this was mentioned on the wowhead review of Timeless Island.

That is the main proof.

But even something like the jade dancer, which drops from a normal mob on the island.. Both comments under that pet on wowhead say ´they got it on their very first kill. I know there is myself and others grinding those like crazy, but none of them, or me, have gotten it to drop... and obviously it was just two comments on wowhead.. but I am curious.. has anyone who farmed for the dancer, or the foreboding pet in the cave ( also grindable) actually gotten one to drop while grinding?

I think there is a very real chance the devs did such a thing, particularly for the rare spawns, but maybe even for the 2 farmable pets.
boyfriend farmed dancer and saw it drop after a few hundred.

Mystik_sok
Pet Score:10833
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Mystik_sok » September 13th, 2013, 7:50 am

Azrile wrote:I am hearing a lot of murmurs that pets ( and other special items) only have a chance to drop the first time you kill something each day. So there is no reason to camp anything. I believe this was mentioned on the wowhead review of Timeless Island.

That is the main proof.

Here is a link to WoWHead showing "quests" for Leafmender but the question remains are pets/armor tokens/Other drops, etc quest rewards or from the loot table? It appears from others in this thread that they got their pet on the 2nd or 3rd kill of the day. My only pet drop came on my first kill, so who knows at this point.

Azrile

Post by Azrile » September 13th, 2013, 9:16 am

Yep, I saw something else similar to that. It really does make you think that there is a different drop rate on your first kill of the day compared to farming it all day. What you are seeing there isn´t really a quest, it is just an internal way that Blizzard tracks stuff... wowhead just classifies it as a quest.

My guess is simply that the first kill of the day gives you a higher chance to get the item drop.

Quil2
Pet Score:3642
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Quil2 » September 13th, 2013, 12:20 pm

I got a ruby droplet on my first kill. Camped it on an alt for a couple days trying to get a second for my wife. Got a second on the alt last night after many kills that day. But it was the first kill after midnight PST, if that means anything.