beasts omg i hate you

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Mnhogg
Pet Score:3295
Realm:Area 52-us
beasts omg i hate you

Post by Mnhogg » October 11th, 2012, 9:51 pm

So I've been having a really tough time with killing the tamers who have beast pets, mechanical just dont seem to have enough life. Any suggestions?

Mezcaal
Top Rater
Pet Score:6205
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: beasts omg i hate you

Post by Mezcaal » October 11th, 2012, 10:13 pm

Clockwork Gnomes have a repair ability if that helps, It's the only one I've been leveling. But I agree, they do seem a bit squishier than some other creatures.
>> Pet Interaction Guide https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16249 <<

Guerresok
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Guerresok » October 11th, 2012, 11:21 pm

I'm a big fan of Lil' XT. The only problem with that is it's from the blizzard store and he costs $10. He was my first level 25, and he wrecks most beasts, plus has a repair ability, and his level 20 ability is Tympanic Tantrum which can hit pets that burrow underground, and does half damage to enemy backline pets as well.

Mnhogg
Pet Score:3295
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Mnhogg » October 12th, 2012, 12:18 am

thanks alot guys... i have the pet store guys so i guess its time to lvl them lol.... after trying all day several times for each tamer im finally to panda zones with my random team... wish me luck and good luck to you all

Cropher
MVP
Pet Score:7153
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Cropher » October 12th, 2012, 10:19 am

I've had good luck with my Darkmoon Zeppelin; using just Decoy and Missile, even the trainers' beast pets go down usually in 4-6 turns without the zep taking too much damage.

Axarien
MVP
Pet Score:5571
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Axarien » October 12th, 2012, 10:42 am

It's a trading card pet, but I have had very good luck with the Rocket Chicken. I think the clockwork rocket bots have similar abilities (missile launch).

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » October 12th, 2012, 12:20 pm

Rare Tiny Harvester is good... There are some who call him Tim.

Vhale
MVP
Pet Score:10441
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Vhale » October 12th, 2012, 3:45 pm

I thought Mini Thor did well against them too. But the reason for that was because he could chain up his damage.
Beasts have the passive that makes them hit harder when they are under half health. So, the Mini Thor can apply the DoT, then sticky grenade, then hit a couple times with his regular rocket attack. The idea is get work them down to half with a couple hits, then when the sticky grenade goes off, they are only alive to use their passive once or twice. That is the problem with repairing. You can't do anything for a couple turns, and if a beast with it's passive up and an anti-mechanical attack is working on your mech, that's a bad thing. It will kill your mech before the repair completes.