10 PET BATTLE WINS A WEEK

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us
10 PET BATTLE WINS A WEEK

Post by Shikon01 » September 1st, 2013, 6:32 pm

HI everyone ! Though I am new to forum I read this site regularly and finally signed up because I have a question perhaps you can assist me ...it will probably be a dumb one for you, but I got so upset yesterday I could have cried. I have gotten into the pet battle thing and leveled naos 80 to 89 so far. I finally got a little stable of level 25 pets nothing overly impressive and started the quest 10 wins in a week. Keep in mind I have held 5 wins on this quests for weeks it has taken that long to beat some of these players. Yesterday I won 4 more battles ( 9 wins and was getting excited ) then hit a dry spell (weekday mornings seems best in finding average teams to fight) I decided to log out and grab a shower and when I logged back in my quest and wins were gone. I was so mad I could have spit nails. I put in a ticket and got a response that this is a weekly quest...ok I get that so why was I able to have those 5 wins in my journal for at least 6 weeks? and My dumb question is when does the week begin? I don't want to start something I can't finish. I can't determine if it starts on Monday and ends sunday or based on how many hours I log...so help an old lady lol QQ :oops: My son got me hooked on wow back in vanilla then he quits after 5-6 yrs. I love it to let off steam from work...I'm in law enforcement and some days I just need to come home and kill something !! :D I have been doing pet collecting for pet battles for a couple of months so I have a lot to learn...like survive the ganking when I'm leveling pets :evil: I am a very causal player and not that great at that though Naos has become my main.Input is always appreciated :))

Icedsugar
Top Rater
Pet Score:3881
BattleTag®:Icedsugar#6634
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Re: 10 PET BATTLE WINS A WEEK

Post by Icedsugar » September 1st, 2013, 7:44 pm

Hi there,
For me the best thing to do with weekly quests is to start them right after a server restart/maintenance. That happens on my server every Tuesday. I have no idea how your first wins on that specific quest stayed there for that long, as it really should reset every week. It really is very disheartening to not finish all 10 wins and have them wiped when it resets (happened to me a few times too). Just keep in mind that all your wins are tracked however (if not for that quest) as there are other awards and achievements for wins at 50 and 250 etc amounts.

Good luck!

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » September 1st, 2013, 8:26 pm

Thanks friend. I have the same restart on Tuesday...I guess its my punishment for the glitch I just didn't think about those 5 wins being in journal for weeks. I don't have a strong stable yet though a wide variety but not...like an awesome darkness or bleed team...I have a lot to level so I have found for me its easier to battle in the mornings and afternoons on off days...at least I have a better chance at some wins. My main issue is just coming up w/ the right combo of pets and of course luck of the draw. :x For some reason it still takes quite a while to get pets leveled to 25. I like going to uldum...during the day cause I can level pretty easily, not a lot of traffic and ganking, my server is extra bad for ganking, but I love pvp servers, hell, that's what makes it fun...except when trying to level pets:)

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » September 2nd, 2013, 1:40 am

The weekly pvp quest resets every tuesday, so finish it beforehand.

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » September 2nd, 2013, 9:03 am

Luciandk wrote:The weekly pvp quest resets every tuesday, so finish it beforehand.
Thanks for the heads up don't think I could stand another delete of wins :))

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » September 3rd, 2013, 2:54 am

Shikon01 wrote:I like going to uldum...during the day cause I can level pretty easily, not a lot of traffic and ganking, my server is extra bad for ganking, but I love pvp servers, hell, that's what makes it fun...except when trying to level pets:)
Just a thought, but you could level a DK on a PvE server and do your pet battles there in peace and quiet.

Pinrut
Pet Score:13856
Realm:Nagrand-us

Post by Pinrut » September 3rd, 2013, 9:20 am

Just in case people eare confused - on Oceanic servres there are 2 time for things to reset - 8pm and 3am. The former is tied to US servers and seems to include weeklies (pvp pet battles), blingtron and pet battle daiuilies (both legendary and trainer). The latter is tied to all other dailies; including DMF(inc. the DMF pet battle daily iirc). Apparently I turned in my pvp pet battle daily with 10 mins to spare this week - I figured I'd pass the info on.

TLDR: Pet battle dailies/weeklies may reset at different times on your server

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » September 3rd, 2013, 10:50 pm

That's good to know I ddn't know about the 2 different resets thanks for the heads up.

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » September 4th, 2013, 7:33 am

This is strange, since that weekly quest was introduced it always resets for me exactly a week after I handed it in. So if I hand it in on a Friday for example I will be able to pick it up again on the next Friday.
I currently don't have much time to play so I sometimes don't manage to finish my 10 games within a week and still the quest will be left in my log even for weeks.
I play on EU servers maybe they handle this quest differently than the US servers? It's also the only quest that behaves like that for me. Everything else resets on Wednesday.

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » September 4th, 2013, 7:02 pm

Doesn't look like I will have a problem this week. I have got my butt kicked every day and haven't won one battle yet.I will get sooo close then bam my last pet dies. The swap teams are killing me as well as some real hard hitting beast that I'm unable to collect yet. I have been experimenting w/ different combos just to see what will work...very frustrating, but it is what it is. I can beat the DM trainer, but I haven't been able to kill the trainer in dread wastes. I go through 2 pets just getting proto drake down. Gues I need a different crab and frog. :x

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » September 4th, 2013, 11:06 pm

Shikon01 wrote:Doesn't look like I will have a problem this week. I have got my butt kicked every day and haven't won one battle yet.I will get sooo close then bam my last pet dies. The swap teams are killing me as well as some real hard hitting beast that I'm unable to collect yet. I have been experimenting w/ different combos just to see what will work...very frustrating, but it is what it is. I can beat the DM trainer, but I haven't been able to kill the trainer in dread wastes. I go through 2 pets just getting proto drake down. Gues I need a different crab and frog. :x
Get a breed 6 Shimmershell Snail, eats elementals for dinner due to elemental resistance and having an aquatic attack that hurts elementals.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » September 5th, 2013, 12:16 am

I believe that the weekly pet battle quest is bugged. It vanishes from the quest journal randomly. I have had it vanish from my journal on a Wednesday (after having picked it up the day before). I have also had it stay in my quest journal for weeks until I finished it (I hate pvp of all stripes so I tend to put off doing the pvp pet battles).

There is really no logical reason for the quest to vanish like that. I know of no other quest which resets in that manner. When it happens to me, I just count the wins that I lost for the quest as wins towards the achievement and move on.

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » September 5th, 2013, 6:55 pm

Thought I had a shimmershell snail but I don't guess that goes on my to do list. I had spent one morning flying all over ally regions gathering pets guess I missed that one as I think its a dark shore pet if I remember correctly. I was already dishearten to see how many balance pets I have guess as I level my shadow priest, andraya ( level 82) and DK, gothic ( level 65) I will do a redo on some pets. It was weird I couldn't engage trainer on priest, but it would on mage...go figure. :roll:

Skyquake
MVP
Pet Score:4379
BattleTag®:Seamus#1218
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Skyquake » September 6th, 2013, 5:18 pm

Luciandk wrote:
Shikon01 wrote:Doesn't look like I will have a problem this week. I have got my butt kicked every day and haven't won one battle yet.I will get sooo close then bam my last pet dies. The swap teams are killing me as well as some real hard hitting beast that I'm unable to collect yet. I have been experimenting w/ different combos just to see what will work...very frustrating, but it is what it is. I can beat the DM trainer, but I haven't been able to kill the trainer in dread wastes. I go through 2 pets just getting proto drake down. Gues I need a different crab and frog. :x
Get a breed 6 Shimmershell Snail, eats elementals for dinner due to elemental resistance and having an aquatic attack that hurts elementals.
Magical Crawdad has a shell that mitigates damage as well as the Critter breed, an excellent aquatic attack usable every round, and a MONSTER self-heal. The drop rate of its box has been buffed to 1%. It is no longer possible to fail to catch something from a school no matter what your skill level- you can get it with Fishing 1 exactly as easily as with fishing 600.

Alternatively, Eternal Strider's Pump-Water Jet- Pump will just slap the taste out of their mouths- very few Elementals can take that much damage.

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » September 7th, 2013, 7:51 am

I just picked up strider a couple of days ago and have one magical crawdad so will have to finish leveling it. I think there's some malfuction going on w/ weekly. I still have quest for 10 battles in journal and another one became available yesterday. When I added it to journal quests the old one was still there...thought that was weird having 2 10 pet battle quests at once. Will check journal when I get off work and see if its still there. Some days I feel like I'm one big malfuction :) Gotta a mech stone to drop yesterday and though I can use it will save it in case I get lucky and lil bing drops in gift box :D

Merrii
Top Rater
Pet Score:3494
Realm:Grizzly Hills-us

Post by Merrii » September 7th, 2013, 9:59 am

I have had the quest for this reset many times, did today on me. One thing I have noticed is that if I have some of the 10 wins done...it will reset on the weekend and I have to start over. If I wait until the weekend to get all 10 it doesn't reset. This should be fixed because it is sure frustrating to have to start over.

Luc80

Post by Luc80 » September 9th, 2013, 10:58 am

weekly pet battle is weird. It vanishes from the quest journal randomly.

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » September 10th, 2013, 9:55 am

Ya it always seems like a surprise when I log in...lets see will my wins be there today or not ROF !!! So I wait til the mood hits pick a day to do my pet battles( and it aint Tuesdays and Wednesdays..those are terrible days ) and just battle til I get my wins. Some days are very long to say the least. :ugeek:

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » September 11th, 2013, 6:39 am

Maizing wrote:There is really no logical reason for the quest to vanish like that. I know of no other quest which resets in that manner.
Yep, it seems to be bugged, has happened to me a couple of times. Has also happened to me on the Fabled beasts quests. Always fun when you complete a quest, hearth to Shrine to hand it in only to find it has disappeared from your quest log. Luckily this seems to be pretty rare; has only happened to me a couple of times in months of questing.

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » September 11th, 2013, 9:58 am

It seems they fixed the reset timer for that quest at least. It reset for me today even though last week I couldn't pick it up before Friday. Maybe they fixed all the other issues with the quest too.