Flawless stones

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Loco
Pet Score:2654
Realm:Azuremyst-us
Flawless stones

Post by Loco » September 2nd, 2013, 12:21 pm

I see a lot of references to the stones, but a list that says where you can get them would be nice.
People refer to "daily quest bags" but which ones give the bags?
Thanks in advance.

Poxx
Pet Score:5148
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Re: Flawless stones

Post by Poxx » September 2nd, 2013, 12:46 pm

Basically all the trainers on Pandaria give a bag as daily reward, and the final trainer on each continent as well.

Furthermore, you can get them from random pet battles, but that only happens once every blue monday so to speak.

Imeagle
Pet Score:2847
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Imeagle » September 2nd, 2013, 1:27 pm

You also have a chance from the Darkmoon Faire tamer too.

Grolgan
Pet Score:4486
Realm:Quel'dorei-us

Post by Grolgan » September 2nd, 2013, 1:41 pm

Im not so sure they are rare anymore. Ive gotten one and my wife got 3 over the last 2 days. Not sure if they changed the drop rate. All but 1 were obtained from random pet battles, mostly in Vale of Eternal Blossoms. The other was in a bag.

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » September 2nd, 2013, 1:51 pm

I think the random drop rate might have increased, either that or my luck might have increased. Took me 3.8K fights to get 2 stones, but I've gotten 2 from random fights in the wild this week alone, including a Flawless Stone, in just a couple hundred fights. My drop rate from Pandaria tamers is about the same, about one a day, but my luck on that is still poor, as over half have been stones I didn't need like undead, humanoid, and elemental. At least with 5.4 I'll be able to get a couple flawless ones for them.

Loco

Post by Loco » September 2nd, 2013, 2:40 pm

Do you get the bag only if you are at max level?
I've been doing tamers dailies with lower alts to get XP and I got no bags :/

Skyquake
MVP
Pet Score:4379
BattleTag®:Seamus#1218
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Skyquake » September 2nd, 2013, 2:47 pm

Copied with modificatiions from:

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... php?t=2083

Kalimdor:
Stone Cold Trixxy - Winterspring (66,65) - level 19 pets - flying, dragonkin, beast

Eastern Kingdoms:
Lydia Accoste - Deadwind Pass (40,77) - level 19 pets - undead, undead, elemental

Outland:
Bloodknight Antari - Shadowmoon Valley (31,42) - level 24 pets - dragonkin, magic, elemental

Northrend:
Major Payne - Icecrown (77,20) - level 25 pets - beast, mechanical, elemental

Cataclysm:
Obalis - Uldum (57,42) - level 25 pets - beast, flying, critter

Pandaria:
Aki the Chosen - Vale of Eternal Blossoms (68,41) - level 25 pets - critter, dragonkin, aquatic
Thundering Spirit
Dos-Ryga (BoF)
Whispering Spirit
Courageous Yon - Kun Lai Summit (36,74) - level 25 pets - flying, critter, beast
Kafi (BoF)
Burning Spirit
Seeker Zusshi - Townlong Steppes (36,52) - level 25 pets - elemental, critter, aquatic
Ti'un the Wanderer (BoF)
No-No (BoF)
Wastewalker Shu - Dread Wastes (55,38) - level 25 pets - aquatic, beast, elemental
Gorespine (BoF)
Flowing Spirit
Greyhoof (BoF)
Skitterer Xia (BoF)
Mo'ruk - Krasarang Wilds (62,45) - level 25 pets - flying, aquatic, beast
Farmer Nishi - Valley of the Four Winds (46,44) - level 25 pets - beast, elemental, elemental
Lucky Yi (BoF)
Nittun (BoF)
Hyuna of the Shrines - Jade Forest (48,54) - level 25 pets - aquatic, beast, flying
Ka'wi the Gorger (BoF)

Each Beasts of Fable daily quest awards a bag with a higher chance of containing a stone than a Tamer's bag. Note that the Spirits' Bags contain pets, not Stones.

(edit): This is incorrect, defective, untrue, counterfactual, and wrong. Spirit bags definitely contain stones. I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

I get all ten bags which may contain Stones every day. Most Tamers are in safe locations (all but Lydia, Antari, and Seeker Zusshi). So are most Beasts of Fable (all but Kawi the Gorger & Greyhoof). Major Payne is accessible via Argent Crusader's Tabard, and Obalis via the Portal to Uldum. I have toons parked at the non-Pandarian Tamers and I hit the Pandarian Tamers, Beasts, and Spirits (when I'm in the mood) in the order above. When I do my rounds tomorrow, I'll edit this to include missing coordinates, flight paths, and convenient Stable Masters. The Pet Battle Strategies found here:

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... f=3&t=4674

are indispensable if you want to beat the Tamers with a carry pet so the pet experience points aren''t wasted. The Beasts of Fable team is a thing of beauty, but you need an Unborn Val'Kyr. I strongly recommend replacing the Major Payne strat with

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... 180#p41131

The Wastewalker Shu fight is very RNG dependent. I prefer

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... 180#p41828

It takes significantly longer, but it's failsafe. Best of luck & have fun!
Last edited by Skyquake on September 4th, 2013, 8:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » September 2nd, 2013, 2:49 pm

Loco wrote:Do you get the bag only if you are at max level?
You get bags regardless of level. Are you sure you are doing the right tamers? Only the Panda level tamers, plus Winterspring, Deadwind, Shadowmoon Valley, Icecrown, Uldum and Darkmoon Faire give bags. The others offer dailies without bags.

Skyquake
MVP

Post by Skyquake » September 2nd, 2013, 2:49 pm

Loco wrote:Do you get the bag only if you are at max level?
Not all Tamers have bags- see my list above. But any level is fine- I have had an alt parked at Major Payne since she was level one and she gets bags and stones (and confused whispers when she dinged level 10 in Icecrown).

Loco

Post by Loco » September 2nd, 2013, 3:47 pm

Thanks - that was the confusing part. Got it now :)

Imeagle

Post by Imeagle » September 2nd, 2013, 8:21 pm

Skyquake wrote:
Not all Tamers have bags- see my list above. But any level is fine- I have had an alt parked at Major Payne since she was level one and she gets bags and stones (and confused whispers when she dinged level 10 in Icecrown).
I have a lvl 1 parked at Aki in the Vale doing the same thing. I get all sorts of whispers and stares. lol

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » September 3rd, 2013, 1:32 pm

Skyquake wrote: Note that the Spirits' Bags contain pets, not Stones.
My daily trainer circut just got shorter, and I feel like an idiot. :oops: Thank you for this valuable information!!!

Mystik_sok
Pet Score:10833
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Mystik_sok » September 3rd, 2013, 2:52 pm

Saasan wrote:
My daily trainer circut just got shorter, and I feel like an idiot. :oops: Thank you for this valuable information!!!
Patch 5.3 notes.....

Pandaren Spirit Pet Supplies now has a chance to drop a family specific rare Battle-Stone.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » September 3rd, 2013, 7:26 pm

Saasan wrote:
You definitely can get stones from the spirits.. Also, the actual pets are a great way to get gold on another server.

Imeagle

Post by Imeagle » September 4th, 2013, 9:22 am

Azrile wrote:
Saasan wrote:
You definitely can get stones from the spirits.. Also, the actual pets are a great way to get gold on another server.
I second this statement. I get stones from the Pandarian spirits all the time (every couple of days). The spirits are one of the few tamers I battle since I have alts parked at them and it's pretty quick and painless to go through them all.

Skyquake
MVP

Post by Skyquake » September 4th, 2013, 8:15 pm

My sincerest apologies. I was absolutely incorrect: I just got one myself. I edited my post and sent Saasan a message to that effect.

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » September 5th, 2013, 11:16 am

No worries, Skyquake! I was taking a break from pet dailies anyways as they tend to burn me out (doing all bags with no stones is quite painful...gotta limit the frustration for the week!). So, no harm done. ;) I did appreciate you reaching out and messaging me to make sure I knew. Very thoughtful.

To everyone else--thanks, I do use the spirit pets as a means of monies, but I was hoping to take a guilt-free break from them as do I get burned out. Oh well! :roll: