PvP Achievement: Easiest/Fastest way?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Fransone
Pet Score:1537
Realm:Doomhammer-eu
PvP Achievement: Easiest/Fastest way?

Post by Fransone » August 31st, 2013, 8:15 am

Hey there,

I recently got into this whole pet thing and I admit that I might be slightly obsessed. In about a weeks time I have leveled pets, gotten hold of most of the rare spawn ones and gotten most of the PvE achievements. The ones that is left is just grind and will get it in the next few days (2 week old baby at home so cant pvp or raid with a baby in the arms, however pet battles can be clicked!).

I now want to get the pvp achievements out of the way and I came to you guys for advice since I have already gotten such good advice from some of the members here.

What team should I set up that gives me the best chance? Triple direhorn is out for personal reasons that I wont discuss but will gladly give other ideas a chance.

Thanks in advace :)

Fransone
Pet Score:1537
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Re: PvP Achievement: Easiest/Fastest way?

Post by Fransone » August 31st, 2013, 8:47 am

Just to add ideas to my own question...

I am totally love birds in general, so am toying with the idea of Brilliant Kaliri (Nocturnal Strike) and Feline Familiar (Call Darkness). Would that be viable in PvP? What other pet would I add to the mix?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » August 31st, 2013, 9:02 am

I had great success with a darkness team, that gave me the majority of my wins.

Enchanted Lantern, Crow, and Ghostly Skull

Ligre
Pet Score:3056
BattleTag®:EricS#1876
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Ligre » August 31st, 2013, 11:32 am

Fransone wrote:Just to add ideas to my own question...

I am totally love birds in general, so am toying with the idea of Brilliant Kaliri (Nocturnal Strike) and Feline Familiar (Call Darkness). Would that be viable in PvP? What other pet would I add to the mix?
For the purposes of your goal, I wouldn't bother with the Familiar here. Its HP pool isn't great, and Prowling opens you up to major lockdown/nuke potential. The Kaliri is decent, and would work great with a Crow. If you can get your hands on a Giant Bone Spider, that thing along with a Crow and Raven is actually kind of sick. Unless Direhorns win the RNG battle up front, you should dispose of them well enough. I do like the idea that Lucian presented as well. If you don't have a lantern, go and farm up a Nordrassil Wisp (preferably S/S breed)...it's just as useful there.

I've also had good success with a Bleed team, featuring Electrified Razortooth, Toothy and Curious Wolvar Pup. Pretty obvious about how to use these fiends. ;)

Hope that helps!

Oh and btw, congratulations on your new baby! :)

Maniack
Pet Score:1708
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Maniack » August 31st, 2013, 11:58 am

i suggest you check out this post.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4392

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » August 31st, 2013, 7:16 pm

I built the team posted at http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6088&view=unread#p46448 and it's working pretty well for me.

Tuatha
Top Rater
Pet Score:3297
BattleTag®:tuatha#1660
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Tuatha » August 31st, 2013, 7:39 pm

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4825 for more detailed read on the team in Kpb's thread. Props to Poofah and Saa for that team. That team is getting nerfed in 5.4, so you only have a week and a half. After that, it will still be a good team, just not quite as OP.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » August 31st, 2013, 11:38 pm

Yeah, if you can get your 250 wins in the next 10 days, that would be great. After that, it seems ( IMHO) that some of the new pets are very powerful, and most of the popular teams now are being nerfed.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » September 1st, 2013, 12:43 pm

To be frank, there is no easy or fast way to 250 pvp wins. I finished the 1000 win pvp a couple of weeks ago and it was a long haul. The 2 teams I liked best were:

Fiendish imp (s/s)
Giant Bone spider
Warbot(must upgrade it to rare)
it's a push pull into a trap team -the trap mashes beasts
-----------
I also liked
Yellow moth (p/p)
son of animus
stunted direhorn (after250wins)
(many direhorns can work-the pygmy would be great for extra speed or an h/h or h/p direhorn runt)

the idea here is to reduce speed then stun with animus- the moth avoids hits and can do speed reduction
-------------------
Lots of pets are great on any team:
Unborn Valk (ended in a lot of draws when using this pet for some weird reason)
Ghostly skull
nordrassil wisp (s/s)
lil rags(especially if you reduce opp. speed)
DM Tonk or Zepp.
Anub.Idol

Good luck and enjoy

Sanzul
Pet Score:3503
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Sanzul » September 2nd, 2013, 7:01 am

Honestly? While lame, the fastest way to get to 250 wins is to not bother fighting. Get whatever team looks kinda scary (include the rarest pets you have) and hope your opponents leaves. If they don't within the first round, leave and queue again. Even if only one in ten opponents leaves on seeing you, that still gets you more wins per hour than actually fighting battles with uncertain outcomes.

A related variant would be to build a team that hard-counters some popular team setup, like a mechanical team that's useless against anything except triple direhorn teams. If you get a direhorn player you stomp them, if not you hope they quit and otherwise leave.

It's a pretty shitty way of doing the achievement, but it's the fastest way to do it if you're not really interested in building your own team and fighting other people.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » September 2nd, 2013, 9:13 pm

Sanzul wrote:Honestly? While lame, the fastest way to get to 250 wins is to not bother fighting. Get whatever team looks kinda scary (include the rarest pets you have) and hope your opponents leaves. If they don't within the first round, leave and queue again. Even if only one in ten opponents leaves on seeing you, that still gets you more wins per hour than actually fighting battles with uncertain outcomes.

A related variant would be to build a team that hard-counters some popular team setup, like a mechanical team that's useless against anything except triple direhorn teams. If you get a direhorn player you stomp them, if not you hope they quit and otherwise leave.

It's a pretty shitty way of doing the achievement, but it's the fastest way to do it if you're not really interested in building your own team and fighting other people.
I really recomment that you dont do this, both because it drags the game down, and because it might ruin your own enjoyment of the game.

Katzbalger
Pet Score:3554
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by Katzbalger » September 2nd, 2013, 9:54 pm

^It's not that common for people to just leave unless it's someone you've already beaten I find. While stacking a counter team may work occasionally, most direhorn teams to use the current best example aren't 3 direhorns, the smarter players plan for exactly this and run some variant of 2x direhorns + an elemental or pet with elemental attacks, such as Lil Rag or Fiendish Imp. The meta game currently is fairly crappy, as around 70% of teams have 1-3 direhorns or fiendish imps, which restricts the viable comps if you want to be able to beat these and have a good chance vs others, without joining the lameness. Direhorn will be nerfed on the 10th, imps too slightly, hopefully that will improve things and bring back variety and more interesting teams, prior to direhorns I could pick any 3 strongish pets and have a fun game with a decent chance of winning, depending what I faced, it was good being able to take more chances and have many more viable setups, I'd say I lost more games doing that than I do currently stomping direhorn setup after direhorn setup but I'd rather have an interesting game than my current boredom knowing exactly what the other player is going to do...often from the length of time some of them take before moving before they know themselves. Finding myself sat here muttering at the screen 'you're going to horn attack, I know you are, how the &^%$ does it take you 10s decide that when I knew what you'd do 2 rounds ago' gets old fast. :roll:

Currently I'm running mostly sunreaver micro-sentry, tainted waveling and thundering serpent hatchling, occasionally switching in blighthawk for the thundering if I'm seeing those annoying Anubis idols, or son of animus, scourged whelpling, dm rabbit when the direhorn population seems lower.

There's plenty of fun viable teams if you're not facing direhorns and it's fun trying out various different things to see if they work, unfortunately right now all the direwhores (term used by someone on wow pet battle forums which is now my favourite new word!) are frantically queuing to try and squeeze as many games as possible in before they get nerfed it seems, so from it being an occasional direhorn team and mostly other teams 2-3 weeks ago, in the past week it's been flooded with them, so to do decently right now, you have to have something designed to deal with those.