PvE Dream Team

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Fransone
Pet Score:1537
Realm:Doomhammer-eu
PvE Dream Team

Post by Fransone » August 25th, 2013, 1:33 pm

Hey there!

If you had to start at level 1 again what 3 pets would you level to 25 with? Ideally it should be pets still available right now.

Cyntaria
Pet Score:13726
Realm:Windrunner-us

Re: PvE Dream Team

Post by Cyntaria » August 25th, 2013, 2:46 pm

My absolute two favorite pets for PVE battling and leveling pets are my Corefire Imp and Nether Faire Drake (Sprite Darter is the same).

Before patch 5.3 changed the Beasts of Fable, I used these two and another random pet that didn't matter much to take them all down.

For capturing, I usually add either my Terrible Turnip or a H/H Crab with Shell Sheild.

Shakesbeard
Top Rater
Pet Score:4734
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Shakesbeard » August 25th, 2013, 4:10 pm

my pve mvp: Pterrordax Hatchling:
strong O against aqua, strong D against beast. has lift-off for avoiding big hits, and a heal. high speed.
available on ah as a rare

Clockwork Gnome:
strong O against beast, but watch out for elementals. has a heal
available on ah as a rare

Strand Crawler:
strong O against critter (and ele), but watch out for flying. has a heal
available on ah as a rare super cheap

Magic Lamp: ... wait what?
no one picks magic lamp. only downside- comes as an uncommon not rare
strong O against flying, strong D against aqua. has a heal
available on ah as uncommon or rarestoned
Last edited by Shakesbeard on August 25th, 2013, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MADORAN__ <WCP> Shakesbeard
___________<LPL> Factotem
___________<PP> Orcane, Shrecksar, Remoo

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » August 25th, 2013, 4:32 pm

Fransone wrote:Hey there!

If you had to start at level 1 again what 3 pets would you level to 25 with? Ideally it should be pets still available right now.
A raptor - Strong against critters ( there are tons) and has a self-heal when it kills something.

Turnip - If you are just starting out, great pet to have to avoid killing rare pets before you can capture them.

Darkmoon Tonk - One of the best pets at endgame ( can be used against a ton of tamers), and also is strong against beasts, which you will kill a lot of while leveling up.

Moth - Strong against aqua, which there are a lot of, and has a block and an avoid.

But I think it is a mistake to think of only leveling one team at a time. I would level at least 6 pets if you are first starting. ( 6 different types). This allows you to not be at the mercy of stable master healers. When I first started, I mean from the very beginning.. I actually started with 4 teams ( 12 pets total) and leveled them all up at the same pace. I had one of every type, and then darkmoon zepp and Wolverine(technically human, but is strong against critters) as extras.

Rosalyne
Top Rater
Pet Score:5903
BattleTag®:Rosalyne#1595
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Rosalyne » August 25th, 2013, 9:57 pm

Azrile wrote:But I think it is a mistake to think of only leveling one team at a time. I would level at least 6 pets if you are first starting. ( 6 different types). This allows you to not be at the mercy of stable master healers. When I first started, I mean from the very beginning.. I actually started with 4 teams ( 12 pets total) and leveled them all up at the same pace. I had one of every type, and then darkmoon zepp and Wolverine(technically human, but is strong against critters) as extras.
This is really excellent advice. When I first started I basically picked 3 pets that I liked and that seemed strong. However, as the tamers got more difficult, I had to keep going back and leveling new pets to beat them (or finding a suitable wild pet to catch). Leveling multiple teams at the same pace would have made a lot more sense. I've been a member of this site for years but never really read the forums until I was well into pet battling. I wish I'd read the advice of some of the more veteran pet battlers early on!

Caspus
Pet Score:4653
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Caspus » August 26th, 2013, 1:45 pm

Rosalyne wrote: This is really excellent advice. When I first started I basically picked 3 pets that I liked and that seemed strong. However, as the tamers got more difficult, I had to keep going back and leveling new pets to beat them (or finding a suitable wild pet to catch). Leveling multiple teams at the same pace would have made a lot more sense. I've been a member of this site for years but never really read the forums until I was well into pet battling. I wish I'd read the advice of some of the more veteran pet battlers early on!
Both of the methods you describe sound effective but it seems to me that it would take less time to capture what you need once you have a solid team of 3 leveled up. Also, once you have one or two higher level pets, you can power level pets very quickly.

Sanzul
Pet Score:3503
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Sanzul » August 27th, 2013, 6:19 am

A crab (preferably rare) and the singing sunflower (from the Hillsbrad quest). For the third pet, use Son of Animus or an emerald whelpling if you happen to have them, otherwise just some random rare beast with Devour. Overall, pets with reliable healing are great for leveling as you end fights with full health and aren't limited by the heal cooldown.

These pets won't necessarily be very helpful against the legendary tamers at level 25, but they'll get you to 25 easily and will be useful for capturing and leveling up the rest of your future team. Leveling up additional pets gets much faster once you already have a few level 25 pets to boost them. You can worry about tamers later; focus on leveling up first.

Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Post by Papazol » August 27th, 2013, 8:07 am

Cat666
Pet Score:7533
Realm:Saurfang-eu

Post by Cat666 » August 27th, 2013, 10:18 am

I used a Panther Cub, Clockwork Gnome and Celestial Dragon, but if I was doing it now, it would be the Pterodax Hatchling instead of the Celestial Dragon.

Anubisath Idol / Emerald Proto Whelp can take down most pets, but requires a bit foreknowledge to plan abilities.

Furkel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13624
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Furkel » August 27th, 2013, 10:39 am

Toothy, Enchanted Broom and Snowy Owl. I nearly always use at least one of those three in every pandaria trainer battle, so I know very well what they're capable of by now :)

Sanzul
Pet Score:3503
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Sanzul » August 28th, 2013, 5:00 am

Furkel wrote:Toothy, Enchanted Broom and Snowy Owl. I nearly always use at least one of those three in every pandaria trainer battle, so I know very well what they're capable of by now :)
I personally prefer Sea Gull for my flier of choice, as it's one of the few birds that can pick both Cyclone and Lift-Off. The latter comes in very handy against pets with Dive. The downside is that you don't get Peck.