looking for a macro...

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ladymagical
Pet Score:3368
BattleTag®:emetia#1311
Realm:Barthilas-us
looking for a macro...

Post by Ladymagical » August 27th, 2013, 9:39 pm

I'm not the best at macro's so I was wondering if anyone has a macro for when a druid shapeshifts a certain pet is also summoned? Basically I want the moonkin pet to appear when my druid shapeshifts into boomkin form and a panther cub to summon when i'm in cat form and a hyjal bear cub when I shapeshift into bear form... :D

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: looking for a macro...

Post by Kpb321 » August 27th, 2013, 10:55 pm

should be able to use /cast with a stance

http://www.wowwiki.com/Stance

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » August 27th, 2013, 11:02 pm

I played around with this. If I did:

/cast Cat Form(Shapeshift)
/summonpet snow cub

It would shapeshift me into cat form, but not summon (or dismiss) the pet... but it would summon/dismiss the pet (depending on whether it was out or not) when I used it to leave the shapeshift form. If I reversed the order of the commands, I just got an error message and could not change form (but it did summon/dismiss the pet).

I think the problem is that you cannot cast two spells at once using a macro and pet summons count as spells, however, it appears that leaving a shapeshift form does not count as a spell (hence my partial success with the first attempt).

I am not very good with macros myself though, so maybe someone else would be able to figure out a way to do this.

Tuatha
Top Rater
Pet Score:3297
BattleTag®:tuatha#1660
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Tuatha » August 27th, 2013, 11:27 pm

Maizing wrote:I think the problem is that you cannot cast two spells at once using a macro and pet summons count as spells, however, it appears that leaving a shapeshift form does not count as a spell (hence my partial success with the first attempt)
As a lifelong druid, I can tell you that this is true. Cancelform is not a spell and can be included in a macro with another command, but shifting into a form is a spell and cannot include another command in the macro. I forget the exact terminology, but iirc it has to do with a command triggering a gcd.

The only way around this, afaik, is to do a cast sequence, where you spam the key, but if you're already in the form it summons the pet. It wouldn't ever cancel the form, then, so you'd want something else to cancelform--maybe one key for all forms to go back to caster (and summon something else, then?).

I'm a little out of date with macros. I'll check back on the weekend and see if this has a proper answer. If not, I'll fool around with it some.

Ladymagical
Pet Score:3368
BattleTag®:emetia#1311
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Ladymagical » August 28th, 2013, 12:24 am

Maizing wrote: /cast Cat Form(Shapeshift)
/summonpet snow cub
That's about the extent to which my knowledge of macros extends haha... I think you're right about needing a cast sequence type thing but I have no idea how to do that :?

Fantee
Top Rater
Pet Score:3518
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Post by Fantee » August 28th, 2013, 6:34 am

Try that:
/cast Cat Form(Shapeshift)
/dismisspet
/run local pet,p="snow cub",C_PetJournal for i=1,p.GetNumPets(false) do local id,_,_,m,_,_,_,n=p.GetPetInfoByIndex(i) if n==pet or m==pet then p.SummonPetByID(id) return end end