Price checking a few of the code acquired pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Pinrut
Pet Score:13856
Realm:Nagrand-us
Price checking a few of the code acquired pets

Post by Pinrut » August 25th, 2013, 11:02 pm

Hello everyone! Sorry if this isn't the done thing but I figured it was worth a try :)

I'm down to my last few pets to collect - I'm still pretty new to the forums here so the idea of spending in-game gold to acquire some of this stuff is pretty new to me. Now I know that values aren't fixed and that it's a pretty weird market, but I was wondering if anyone could give me some ballpark figures, or swaps that are typically made for:

Mini Thor
Baneling
Mini Tyrael
Murky :(

Apologies if this isn't the right place.

Remember to catch them all!

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Re: Price checking a few of the code acquired pets

Post by Ryazan » August 26th, 2013, 1:40 am

All the pets you listed can't be bought with gold or caged as they are promotion kind of pets.

For Murky and Tyrael:
http://www.wowtcgloot.com/cheapest.htm?category=pets (Tyrael's Hilt and Blue Murloc Egg)
In short: buttloads of real money as pets are very old and rare promotional pets...

Mini Thor and Baneling come from Starcraft 2 Collector's Editions, Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm respectively. Baneling is prolly "relatively" cheap as HotS is still rather new but Mini Thor might be a bit more expensive. But in either case, you need to buy the games for them, no way to trade them.

Edit: I read your post again with more thought, and I might have misunderstood it in the first place. :D But nevertheless, I guess trading these pets isn't very common since it's very hard due to the way of getting them. So $$ is mostly the currency for these in any case...
- Taking your candles since 2005

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » August 26th, 2013, 6:17 am

So you choose 3 out of the 4 hardest pets to get to try and price lol. I will do what I can to give you an idea what they are worth.

Murky - People will trade 1 for 1 with a Vanilla C/E code for this one, or around 3million gold.

Mini Tyrael - There isn't anything that is a even swap for this one, it goes for anywhere from 1.3 mil - 2 mil gold.

Mini Thor - This is a really hard pet to find anyone with, a couple of months ago I ended up having to overpay a bit just cause noone had one. I believe I traded a Grunty straight up for it. Or around 300k give or take.

Baneling - This one isn't so bad, it's worth roughly a rocket chicken or dragon kite (the kite is a bit of a overpay but not bad). Or around 80-100k.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Pinrut
Pet Score:13856
Realm:Nagrand-us

Post by Pinrut » August 26th, 2013, 9:56 am

Thanks Ryazan, I saw your original response and figured there was a misunderstanding somewhere - I know where the pets are from, and it seems like people are trading in-game items for them - I was just wondering what the rough values were - thanks for your answer XD

Thanks Dragon, that was the kind of answer I was looking for. I know they're hard to get - that's why I don't have them yet! But it's a far more likely outcome that I can grind in-game for them than it is that I'll fork out a few thousand IRL dollars.