Easy Rare Hunting - Irradiated Roach and Fluxfire Feline

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Silverthorn
MVP
Pet Score:13863
Realm:Staghelm-us
Easy Rare Hunting - Irradiated Roach and Fluxfire Feline

Post by Silverthorn » August 21st, 2013, 3:16 pm

If you are (rare) hunting for Irradiated Roach or Fluxfire Feline, there is a fairly quick and easy way to go about it. Instead of camping New Tinker Town on your home server, simply roll a new Gnome on a Low Pop/Brazillian/PvP/Role Playing server and look around your starting zone and the surface of New Tinker Town with your L1 Gnome for these wild pets. If you don't find what you are looking for after you've scoped out each of the pets in the zone, don't bother camping, just repeat the process on another server.

Enjoy!
Silverthorn

P.S. Note that all of Dun Morogh is Alliance held and so any Horde players present cannot attack you unless you first attack them.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Re: Easy Rare Hunting - Irradiated Roach and Fluxfire Feline

Post by Azrile » August 23rd, 2013, 5:44 pm

That is nice for those two pets. But I still think it is a huge time saver to just make an Alliance DK and Horde DK on the Brazil servers. There are just so many pets that are trivialized by doing that ( takes less than 2 hours). I had minfernal within 2 days, and a rare minfernal the same week. He is almost always there. Stuff like the giraffe calf in barrens, the monkey in STV etc etc etc.. Just park your DKs and log in when you think about it.

Cynfire
Pet Score:7694
Realm:Uldaman-us

Re: Easy Rare Hunting - Irradiated Roach and Fluxfire Feline

Post by Cynfire » August 24th, 2013, 10:16 am

Azrile wrote:That is nice for those two pets. But I still think it is a huge time saver to just make an Alliance DK and Horde DK on the Brazil servers. There are just so many pets that are trivialized by doing that ( takes less than 2 hours). I had minfernal within 2 days, and a rare minfernal the same week. He is almost always there. Stuff like the giraffe calf in barrens, the monkey in STV etc etc etc.. Just park your DKs and log in when you think about it.
I did this today, finally got my belf dk out of the dk starting zone and headed for Felwood, once I got to the area for the minfernal, I ran up to the ridge and saw the green paw waiting for me! He's poor but that's no problem, I can get a stone later. Heading to the Southern Barrens now to try for the giraffe calf.