Share pet collecting news and advice.
Moneypenny
Top Rater
Pet Score:12117
BattleTag®:Msbehavin#1399
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us
Spectral cub update if your interested

Post by Moneypenny » August 19th, 2013, 9:26 pm

Hey i thought i would let you guys know that after seeing some spec cubs on ebay for 40 bucks lvl 6, and that prices of cubs have dropped by 40k over the last week :( that i personally rang blizzard to see what was going on with dupes etc and being done about it..this is what they said

the matter is still being dealt and in hand but it is very hard to differentiate dupes from real tcg cubs.

the ones that they are managing to track down, the person will get to keep the cub but will not be able to summons it, but because the coding (something along those lines) it hard for them to track makes it more difficult and just to be aware when you are buying them, whether in game or off ebay as well.

i am currently awaiting to find out if they can tell from a cub being on the ah if they can actually check it to see if it real or duped to as the tech guy on the phone could not help. - will let you know on this

he also did mention that because more are available it will affect the price of them, but this can't be helped and they will prob go down even more (and since more tcg cards became available to the price has dropped to buy them)

i hope that give you guys a little bit of insight i did try to find out as much as i could, but he also said that it being looked at but very hard to pinpoint. if you see any being sold on ebay you can report them via a hacks link on blizz forums
http://www.best-signatures.com/]Image

Boozehound
Top Rater
Pet Score:8578
BattleTag®:Blue#11854
Realm:Fenris-us

Re: Spectral (Tiger) cub update if your interested

Post by Boozehound » August 20th, 2013, 10:26 am

Pretty sure you mean Spectral Tiger Cub from TCG. There is also a identical skin "Spectral Cub" from a Shanghai promotion.

Since the Spectral Tiger Cub is tradable I think a safe way to purchase this pet from someone would be to have them summon it in-game to show it is a real and summonable pet, not a dupe. Then they could cage it and trade it to you for gold, etc.. I take it the dupes can't be summoned? Is this correct? If so, asking sellers to prove trustworthiness by summoning the pet is an surefire way to avoid getting duped.

Moneypenny
Top Rater

Re: Spectral Tiger cub update if your interested

Post by Moneypenny » August 20th, 2013, 11:39 am

no dupes can still be summoned and used normally, only some of the ones that blizz have found they are making it so you can't summon the pet, but as the guy said its really hard for them to figure which of them are dupes and which are not.

i basically rang them after seeing them on ebay aswell, so i thought id post and let people know what he said about it.

Pyy
Top Rater
Pet Score:11087
Realm:Barthilas-us

Re: Spectral (Tiger) cub update if your interested

Post by Pyy » August 20th, 2013, 7:09 pm

Boozehound wrote:
Since the Spectral Tiger Cub is tradable I think a safe way to purchase this pet from someone would be to have them summon it in-game to show it is a real and summonable pet, not a dupe. Then they could cage it and trade it to you for gold, etc.. I take it the dupes can't be summoned? Is this correct? If so, asking sellers to prove trustworthiness by summoning the pet is an surefire way to avoid getting duped.
Dupes are simply just item duplicates, TL;DR of it is cloning an item by the use of an exploit. They still function exactly the same as any normal item, and has been used on epic gems and mounts in the past.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Re: Spectral cub update if your interested

Post by Gwenolyn » August 20th, 2013, 10:57 pm

They could summon a different one than the one they trade you anyway. Most of those sellers have lots.

Moneypenny
Top Rater

Post by Moneypenny » August 21st, 2013, 1:55 am

this was the reply i got to see if they can check item on the auction house before u buy to see if it a dupe..

Greetings Msbehavin ,

I really appreciate you sending in a ticket. I've gone ahead and looked into what you're reporting here. As a side note - Super sorry I can't chat with you in-person! But right now your ticket has got my undivided attention.

Well it is difficult for us to confirm at the moment if a pet is exploitive or not. But no worries we do protect you guys if you buy them. If it turns out it is not a good item we will either restore the pet or just refund the gold you spent.

One thing I allways keep in mind is if the deal looks to good to be true don't buy it. Let us know if you have any other concerns.

<('.'<) <( '.' )> (>'.')> <(^_^)>
Thank you for your time.

obv if buy outside the auction house things are a little more difficult. my reasons for asking is just so people still chasing spec tiger cubs have a little more info to help them including myself :)
I hope your adventures are half as epic as your loot!

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » August 21st, 2013, 1:14 pm

If I see someone I think is selling a dupe in game (i.e. a lvl 1 human named Ferjliaifiel selling a cub for 100k), can I report them for spamming like I would a gold seller??