No pets in Storm Peaks

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Zanthe
Pet Score:9565
Realm:Muradin-us
No pets in Storm Peaks

Post by Zanthe » October 1st, 2012, 6:13 pm

I have flown around Storm Peaks for probably over 12 hours over 3 different days now and haven't been able to find any pets to capture. I saw a capturable pet one time and then when I got closer, it disappeared, like it was phased. I have tried going there on different toons, once with every quest in the zone complete and one who had never even been to the zone before and I still see no pets anywhere. A few of my guildies have also reported the exact same issue and have also been looking for hours on end for anything in this zone. Tried when snowing and when not snowing and still nothing. I am not looking for any pet in particular, just anything at all that is capturable for the achievement "Northrend Tamer". I have checked online and know where to look, plus i have scoured every inch of that zone numerous times. I have also tried clearing out game cache and wtf files with no luck there either. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: No pets in Storm Peaks

Post by Quintessence » October 1st, 2012, 10:28 pm

I've noticed this too in other zones, and I think it has to do with population density of a particular area. I'm not 100% sure on how it works, but I think the more people there are in a zone, the more pets there will be. Respawn times on more commonly found pets might also depend on how many players are in a zone. Don't quote me on any of this, though, as I'm just guessing. :P

It could also be that the zone was just underpopulated with pets. Check the official bug/pet battles section of the WoW forums, and if others have reported this issue, hopefully Blizzard will increase the number of spawns.

Good luck and keep trying, you'll find something eventually! :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » October 2nd, 2012, 12:59 am

The only ones I find are phased out when I get to them near Dun Niffelum.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Zanthe

Post by Zanthe » October 2nd, 2012, 1:18 am

Yeah exact same for me. The only thing I have ever seen for a capturable critter in that zone ever phased out when I got close. And even then, I only ever saw one. I spoke with a GM regarding this today and they seemed to think that I was just a moron that didn't know how to get pets. Kept telling me that I wasn't seeing any pets because I had 3 of that pet in my inventory already, even though I don't have 3 of any pet at all. And then just said that I need to look online for their spawn points. When I have flown around the zone for 15+ hours along with 2 other people doing the exact same thing, I know I definitely am not just missing them spawning :lol: Not really sure what else to do about it at this point, but it is rather frustrating

Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Mairin » October 2nd, 2012, 7:05 am

I was wondering about this too since I was up there for the arctic fox kit yesterday and couldn't find anything at all until finally I came across a lone skunk next to the eagle NPC around the top edge of Frosthold. I'm 99% sure this character hasn't done any quests (servers just went down) there at all so not sure which end of the phasing applies. All that being said, left him at the argent tourney overnight as a base for checking on scourged whelps and on a whim I found it snowing in SP. In total I came across about a dozen spawns of the arctic fox kit (all over the west side of the map) and a single arctic hare (in the snowdrift plains).

Zanthe

Post by Zanthe » October 4th, 2012, 5:55 am

Finally found an Arctic Fox Kit in Storm Peaks when it was snowing. It is actually affected by cross realm servers, so that may have been what was causing no pets to show up before. I zoned out of Storm peaks and back into it and the time was different and suddenly there were tamable pets all over.

Gogo
Pet Score:6207
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Gogo » October 4th, 2012, 8:02 pm

I had the exact same problem... I flew around Storm Peaks and couldn't find anything whatsoever.

I logged in after a server restart, and found plenty of options though: close to two dozen (total) of rabbits, skunks, foxes. There may be a problem with the respawn... like maybe they just don't respawn at all. :P

Runestones
MVP
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Runestones » October 5th, 2012, 2:28 am

I also observed this. Definitely a phasing issue in some areas. I also think it has something to do with the weather effects.

Vale of Eternal Blossoms also has very sparse pet spawns.