Creating Strategies for the new Celestial Tournament

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Pugnatwo
Pet Score:1850
Realm:Korgath-us
Creating Strategies for the new Celestial Tournament

Post by Pugnatwo » August 13th, 2013, 6:54 pm

This is my first post so please bear with me!

I don't know how recent this information is, but this link gives us a lot of insight into the new pet battle tournament.

There is a link to Wow head that gives us a list of the pet types, and the abilities that they will have when we face them. I think that the guides that are made here in this forum are top notch and loved the advice that they give. I was wondering if anyone has some insights on which pets are going to be good to use against these trainers. I would post it, but alas I cannot.

As you can see by my profile, I am just starting to raise my pets, but I am loving every minute of it. Any suggestions on what pets I should go out and get to help deal with these trainers and the new celestial pets would be some awesome advice!

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Re: Creating Strategies for the new Celestial Tournament

Post by Azrile » August 14th, 2013, 10:48 pm

They have changed a couple times in recent patches. I think people are waiting until we are closer to actual launch dates to write up really detailed guides. I always do stuff like that for my guild and friends, and then post it where applicable. But like I said, it is just too early yet to really get into that kinda detail. They buff or nerf one ability and it completely changes what pet you want to use.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » August 15th, 2013, 1:30 am

I think at this point, we're likely to see fewer changes. The patch *might* be out in less than 2 weeks if all goes well (though that Aug 27th date is only the earliest; it could still get pushed back).

Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Post by Papazol » August 15th, 2013, 2:41 am

Hard to say about stategies before we will see general changes in pet battle sistem, like racial weakness, pasives etc.
From another side, I dont think it will be great problem to win this tournament. Blizz didn't make any hardcore matches yet and I dont see any reason why they will do it in future.

Azrile

Post by Azrile » August 15th, 2013, 2:04 pm

Papazol wrote:Hard to say about stategies before we will see general changes in pet battle sistem, like racial weakness, pasives etc.
From another side, I dont think it will be great problem to win this tournament. Blizz didn't make any hardcore matches yet and I dont see any reason why they will do it in future.
Yeah, I think the real trick now is to just get as many unique pets to 25 as possible. The first 3 battles will be against a full team, but if the spirits and tamers in Panda taught us anything, it is that one exactly correct pet can make that entire team fall apart.

Bloodsmear
Pet Score:1849
Realm:Black Dragonflight-us

Post by Bloodsmear » August 15th, 2013, 9:18 pm

Just to get some clarification, are the pet battle tournaments only going to be against NPC's or will players also be able to battle against other players? Is there a link someone could post that will clarify everything that will become available in 5.4 for pet battles besides the patch notes of course...

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » August 15th, 2013, 11:06 pm

http://www.wowhead.com/news=217148/5-4-ptr-celestial-pet-tournament-and-new-battle-pets

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » August 16th, 2013, 8:00 am

Papazol wrote:ee general changes in pet battle sistem, like racial weakness, pasives etc.
There actually aren't any racial weakness/strength changes. They seem to have decided against that, or at least decided to give themselves more time to think about it. Most of the feedback they got from that seemed to be negative for the weakness changes, but positive for the racial passive buffs. The racial passive buffs are happening though, and we know what those are.

Madsen
Pet Score:2729
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Madsen » August 16th, 2013, 11:15 am

You don't really need many thought out strategies.
For the other trainers we've made optimized teams in order to powerlevel a third pet without it participating more than 1 round. The Celestial Tournament trainers give almost no xp, so there is no point. You can use 3 racial counters on most of them.

Azrile

Post by Azrile » August 18th, 2013, 4:16 am

Gilneas wrote:
Papazol wrote:ee general changes in pet battle sistem, like racial weakness, pasives etc.
There actually aren't any racial weakness/strength changes. They seem to have decided against that, or at least decided to give themselves more time to think about it. Most of the feedback they got from that seemed to be negative for the weakness changes, but positive for the racial passive buffs. The racial passive buffs are happening though, and we know what those are.
Really, they are leaving mechanicals at a double-negative vs elementals?