Sprite Darter or Rare Nether Faerie

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Vell
Sprite Darter or Rare Nether Faerie

Post by Vell » October 3rd, 2012, 6:48 pm

I am trying to figure out if a rare Nether Faerie Dragon (capturable) has comparable stats to Sprite Darter Hatchling (world drop).

The team I am currently building would benefit more from a flying type enemy than a dragon type but the decision of what to choose becomes considerably more difficult if the Sprite Darter has better stats. There has to be some way to compare stats between pets. It would be nice to also know the chance of getting a rare strength, speed, health or balanced stat rare (I noticed different pets have different chances to be a rare of specific stat distribution weights).

Kingdms

Re: Sprite Darter or Rare Nether Faerie

Post by Kingdms » October 3rd, 2012, 8:09 pm

All pets possessing a common rarity and level are going to have comparable stats. This is especially true in this case, where both pets share a common design theme. If your team would benefit from a Flying type, train your Nether Faerie Dragon and leave your Sprite Darter Hatchling stabled for a while.

As for the percentage of getting a specific stat spread, I can't give you a number but I imagine it would be the same across all variations. In other words if there's four possible variations there's going to be a one-in-four chance, or 25%, that a Rare will have the stat preferences you desire. That said, I wouldn't worry about this too much. Pet battle are not optimized enough for these variations to have much practical impact in most circumstances. The system and the rules that govern it were left fairly vague by the developers, and as such stats have a very limited impact on actual battle. Pet and ability typing, ability selection, level, rarity, and simple luck are the defining factors that will usually determine a battle's outcome.

Stinkyfinger
Pet Score:2753
Realm:Korialstrasz-us

Post by Stinkyfinger » October 3rd, 2012, 8:10 pm

It took me a couple of hours to locate a rare Nether sprite. It had like 680-690 HP. After I captured it, it had 701 HP. I only found it while doing actual pet combat instead of cancelling every fight that didn't have a darter in that HP range. I don't know if that makes a difference.

As far as actual combat feel, I don't have any way to make a comparison. The sprite darter pet has historically been about a 1/10k probability of dropping and I'm not going to spend the time to look for it.

Vell

Post by Vell » October 3rd, 2012, 11:50 pm

Thanks a lot for the info. The skill Evanescence is a big factor in why I want a flying type pet. If that skill goes off before the opponent, I can dodge 2 rounds worth of abilities instead of 1 which is great. Also, when I went to get the Nether Darter I was able to find a very offense heavy one. I can sacrifice speed as a stat when I have the flying passive.