New ways to trade pets!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Betic
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us
New ways to trade pets!

Post by Betic » October 3rd, 2012, 3:58 pm

I wanted to bring up that there is a whole new way to trade pets. People are not bound to their servers for trading. This only works for pets because you can put them in a cage on any character.

Last night I saw a spectral tiger cub on my auction house for only 50k. I rounded up all my money on all my alts and bought it. I then proceeded to bounce from all the high pop servers and looking on their auction houses. (Remember that only 1 faction are usually high pop, make sure you check both faction AH's for different results). I found an Ethereal Soul-Trader listed for 100k, along with 2 others for 120k and 200k. I saw that this server had no spectral kitties so I messaged the person (thank god they were online) and asked if they wanted to trade. Sure enough the wanted to and I now had my most prized pet in my hands.

I do not know how this is going to affect the market once everyone knows about it, but you could spend your time bouncing between different servers making certain trades and coming out ahead. Some things are listed way low on some servers while other things are really high, and it's almost always different.

I would suggest to a few of you hardcore traders to park a few alts at some high pop auction houses and keep an eye out for good trades that you might want to make. This also opens up a very BIG possibility of a trade section on this website. I would almost suggest a system kind of like http://www.tf2outpost.com/ the players here can list what they have and what they want for it. After a lot of people start using it, they tend to make the deals they want pretty quickly. Then it is up to the users to talk back and forth and set up a trade on either server.

Let me know what all of you guys think about this. I know some people might get super excited about the possibility of getting rare pets they might of never had the chance to on their low pop server, while others may not want this little secret known so they can play the market. I got my prized pet :) So I am all about sharing this to as many people as I can.

Kingdms

Re: New ways to trade pets!

Post by Kingdms » October 3rd, 2012, 5:17 pm

There are other trade possibilities that become available as a result to these changes as well. If you have a rare pet to trade, for example, you might be able to find someone on another server willing to give a TCG mount for it. Since these mounts are also now account bound, at least once learned, your mains will then benefit from the trade.

Betic
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Re: New ways to trade pets!

Post by Betic » October 3rd, 2012, 5:21 pm

Kingdms wrote:There are other trade possibilities that become available as a result to these changes as well. If you have a rare pet to trade, for example, you might be able to find someone on another server willing to give a TCG mount for it. Since these mounts are also now account bound, at least once learned, your mains will then benefit from the trade.
That is true! While I was trying to find a trade for my spectral cub, someone offered me the XTreme rocket. I already had the rocket and was dead set on getting the soul trader.