Guess ill post here

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Derfis
Pet Score:4279
BattleTag®:Derfis#1992
Realm:Moonrunner-us
Guess ill post here

Post by Derfis » August 10th, 2013, 3:11 pm

Tried to ask a couple of questions in the pet trading forums but no one answered. So I will post them here. How does one go about starting a leveling service? What rules apply, what kind of prices, those are the type of questions about that I have. Secondly how do people trade stones? I see that offered all of the time but I don't know how that works. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Derfis#1992

Tenshiame
Top Rater
Pet Score:3475
BattleTag®:AmaraAme#1364
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Guess ill post here

Post by Tenshiame » August 10th, 2013, 3:15 pm

I'm not sure about the leveling service, I saw someone named smokes has one, try looking for their forum. as for stones you trade your pet to the person with the stone (or vice versa) they stone and in trade back put in pet (or gold or w/e).

Here's Smoke's pet lvling forum: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5676

Smokes
Pet Score:2626
BattleTag®:Smokes#1457
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Smokes » August 11th, 2013, 1:46 pm

Hey! Sorry I'm late. If you have any specific questions about pet leveling and how to go about it, ask away. I have this posted in my thread but I'll do a quick run-through of my process.

This is how my system works:
1. I level pets ahead of time out of my own collection.
2. The client and I agree on a price for the lvl 24/25 pets they want. (Some prefer pets leveled to 24 for the achievement.)
3. I go to the client's server and trade my pets for their low level pets and the agreed upon payment.

Though these days I tend to do step 2 before step 1, I've found this is a good system. It removes the trust issue of handing over pets for someone to level and hoping they decide to give them back as agreed - which is good, but it does also mean I cannot level pets I do not have. So there's a small section of expensive trade-able pets that I miss out on business with, and I'm okay with that.

So, how do you start a leveling service? I started by contacting those who advertized needing pets leveled especially if I had those pets already at or close to 25, and getting paid. Once I felt comfortable enough with it, I made my own thread and let the customers come to me instead. ((Tip: It is good to be clear about what breed is expected in return from both parties on the pets where multiple breeds are available. Some people care, others do not.))

As far as what prices can be demanded, what is your time worth? My prices right now are 1k per lvl 25 pet, or a roughly equivalent value in pets. You can charge what you like, and adjust your prices to the response. If you get swamped with work, perhaps you can afford to go up a bit. If no one's inquiring about your service, perhaps your prices are too high. I have accepted gold, pets that I have not collected yet, Blizz store pets, and even upgrade stones as payment for my services to date.

As far as rules, I don't know what you mean. Asking for real cash is against the ToS, but other than that... the guidelines that serve any other in game business apply: Keep up with your thread, be clear when you are going to be available in game to chat and exchange pets, be friendly and answer questions promptly, don't back out of an agreement unless it is unavoidable... etc.

Tenshiame seems to have answered the question about stones. I hope I was helpful too, even though I'm a day late! :)

Derfis
Pet Score:4279
BattleTag®:Derfis#1992
Realm:Moonrunner-us

Post by Derfis » August 11th, 2013, 8:06 pm

Thanks so much for the quick responses. You both have answered all of the questions that i had.