Polished Battle-Stones for Flawless Battle-Stone possible?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Hushpad
Pet Score:9890
Realm:Malfurion-us
Polished Battle-Stones for Flawless Battle-Stone possible?

Post by Hushpad » August 10th, 2013, 12:06 am

I read in the 5.4 patch notes: "Players are now able to trade in any 3 of the same family specific Flawless Battle-Stones for a single Marked Flawless Battle-Stone."

Has anyone heard if there will be any chance to trade in the green Polished Battle-Stones for Flawless Battle-Stones (any of the blue stones even)? I hope so, I have 47 Polished Battle-Stones and no pets to use them on. They're useless to me and soulbound but I'm holding onto them just in case they could be traded in for the blue stones one day.

Smokes
Pet Score:2626
BattleTag®:Smokes#1457
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Re: Polished Battle-Stones for Flawless Battle-Stone possibl

Post by Smokes » August 10th, 2013, 1:40 am

As far as I've heard, there is no plan to either remove the polished stones or make them tradeable for Flawless ones. :(

Madsen
Pet Score:2729
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Madsen » August 10th, 2013, 3:28 am

Letting us trade in polished for flawless would be pretty harsh for a lot of people who have probably destroyed 50 polished ones.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » August 10th, 2013, 5:21 am

Not to mention devalue the achievement of "stoning" your pets to rare, as the polished are so easy to attain it would make the process trivial.

Skarn
Top Rater
Pet Score:5024
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Skarn » August 11th, 2013, 1:08 pm

Wow, why do you have so many? Isn't the only place to get Polished stones by spending Justice Points?

Anyway, there's been no news about any changes to Polished stones. They're only useful for turning a pet Green.

Smokes
Pet Score:2626
BattleTag®:Smokes#1457
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Smokes » August 11th, 2013, 1:59 pm

Skarn wrote:Wow, why do you have so many? Isn't the only place to get Polished stones by spending Justice Points?

Anyway, there's been no news about any changes to Polished stones. They're only useful for turning a pet Green.
I hear they are a frequent random drop from PvP pet battles, so some people going for achievements or who greatly enjoy the PvP have great useless stockpiles of them. I'd like to see them be able to be turned back in for a small amount of JP.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » August 11th, 2013, 3:53 pm

Graven wrote:Not to mention devalue the achievement of "stoning" your pets to rare, as the polished are so easy to attain it would make the process trivial.
I don't have any of the Polished stones. But they could make it a 10:1 trade for Flawless, or whatever ratio would be appropriate, so as not to trivialize it. Just a thought??

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Adumbledore » August 11th, 2013, 6:46 pm

Gwenolyn wrote:
Graven wrote:Not to mention devalue the achievement of "stoning" your pets to rare, as the polished are so easy to attain it would make the process trivial.
I don't have any of the Polished stones. But they could make it a 10:1 trade for Flawless, or whatever ratio would be appropriate, so as not to trivialize it. Just a thought??
I think that's a good ratio for the stones. That way, even if people buy the polished battle-stones (for whatever reason), it'll still cost 10k justice to get 1 rare stone.

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » August 11th, 2013, 11:38 pm

Skarn wrote:Wow, why do you have so many? Isn't the only place to get Polished stones by spending Justice Points?

They drop fairly frequently if you are doing the 25v25 pvp pet battles. I would say between 5-10% per win I have probably 10-15 of them just going for the 250 win pvp pet.

Skarn
Top Rater
Pet Score:5024
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Skarn » August 12th, 2013, 7:26 pm

Azrile wrote:

They drop fairly frequently if you are doing the 25v25 pvp pet battles. I would say between 5-10% per win I have probably 10-15 of them just going for the 250 win pvp pet.
Ah! Good to know. I've done very little PvP so far, just 12-13 battles. It was really surprising that someone would grind and spend a bunch of Justice on something they'd never use! That makes much more sense.