Flowing Pandaren Spirit Suggestion

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Violetfemme
Top Rater
Pet Score:4120
BattleTag®:Violet#1301
Realm:Aegwynn-us
Flowing Pandaren Spirit Suggestion

Post by Violetfemme » August 7th, 2013, 10:30 pm

I love the guide to the daily battles posted here! And I love even more when I discover another method for defeating the trainers. My favorite change to the methods is with Flowing Pandaren Spirit. I was doing this battle with a Bat or Batling as recommended and it was fine, but I felt like I was getting too many misses and was very close to losing the fight occasionally, so I wanted a pet to lift-off for the Marley fight too and using this site's search tool, I found a Flying pet with lift off and a beast attack - the Imperial Eagle Chick (mine is rare, P/P). It almost completely solos the whole fight. Cyclone, Thrash, Lift-off and the first opponent is almost dead...either cyclone or one more thrash finishes the fish off (Marley?). My Eagle usually has no damage done to him yet. Thrash until the strider is dead. My Eagle has usually lost anywhere between 25%-50% of health. Switch in the leveling pet while the Spirit is putting up it's 2 delayed attacks. Switch back to the Eagle, Lift-off (to avoid both delayed attacks), thrash, lift off when/if next large attack comes (I think it's whirlpool). Usually by this time, the sprit is dead and my Eagle is between almost dead and 50% health. I usually bring a dragon with lift-off (Emerald Proto Whelp) as a back up, but almost never need it.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Re: Flowing Pandaren Spirit Suggestion

Post by Gilneas » August 8th, 2013, 12:02 am

I like using the Baneling. I used to go with a Moth, then a Gryphon (due to Lift off), but the Baneling is just more fun and reliable. Of course, not everyone has him, but for those that do!

Thrash/Centrifugal Hooks/Burrow is the set up. Hooks to start. Thrash, Burrow. Then from there always use Hooks if you don't have the speed boost, otherwise Trash. If you're unlucky he'll die on the strider, but usually lasts until the first geyser/whirpool explosion. In either case, bring a leveling pet in when it dies, switch to an ooze (I use disgusting oozeling), and do what oozes do best! DoT. Though most of the time the water spirit has only 400 or so health left when the ooze comes in.

Fubar
MVP
Pet Score:2493
BattleTag®:Fubar#2138
Realm:Sylvanas-eu

Post by Fubar » August 8th, 2013, 3:41 am

I take Anubisath Idol + Carrier (i.e. the pet I am lvling) + Legs. It is total cake.
[profile]Fubar[/profile] the Insane. Battle Tag is Fubar#2138.
Resto Druid for the Horde on Sylvanas (EU)

ImageImage

Violetfemme
Top Rater
Pet Score:4120
BattleTag®:Violet#1301
Realm:Aegwynn-us

Post by Violetfemme » August 8th, 2013, 5:57 am

Sadly, I have no Baneling, so I can't try that setup. :( I will definitely try the Anub, Legs letup. I'm always looking for faster ways to complete the dailies!

Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Post by Papazol » August 8th, 2013, 9:58 am

Oozes just eat this spirit. I use my favorite Disgusting Oozerling. He can got all solo, but I made such rotation that it dies right in time water elem has 200 hp left. If Oozerling dies before I need it, I just switch on emp crab.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » August 8th, 2013, 11:54 am

I use my emperor crab on this tamer, just because he does so much damage to the skimmer and the elemental, he doesnt even need his heal :)
I start with the one i need to level, attack once, change to a flying pet (usualy amber moth), use cocoon strike to avoid dive, and then just alpha strike the first pet to death.
Then depending on how much life the moth have, i either just let it die on the next, or i change to my emperor crab, and just snap the skimmer to death, without using heal. its diffrent how much life the crab have left at this point, but it doesnt matter, i just use whirlpool and snap to kill of the elemental, he is so busy setting up the long term attack that you can kill him before they go off :)

Using this tactic i havnt failed the fight since i started working on exactly how to get it done :)
I believe this is one of the faster ways to kill him, since you dont use any defensive moves, and the attack animations are fairly fast :)

EDIT: I know its been some time, but i made a mistake in my post, i dont use my p/p yellow moth, but my H/S amber moth on this trainer, while it can still work with the yel., i find it more reliable with my faster amber moth. It should probaly be a A/S amber moth idealy, but H/S is what i have :)
Last edited by Domie on August 28th, 2013, 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 8th, 2013, 1:37 pm

I use a chicken + carried pet (recommend at least lvl 18ish in case it does have to eat an attack) + direhorn.

Chicken starts with peck, peck, egg barrage, peck, peck. Dead fish.
It will then squawk, egg barrage, and die to the strider.
Swap in carried pet, generally the strider won't hit it.
Swap in direhorn, using priority of: primal cry, horn attack, charge til strider is dead.
Horn attack and charge until you finish off the spirit.

Shakesbeard
Top Rater
Pet Score:4734
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Shakesbeard » August 10th, 2013, 8:42 pm

Papazol wrote:Oozes just eat this spirit.
this.

i start with disgusting & put up one corrosion. switch in lowbie for one round while big fish dives, then back to disgusting to take the hit. rotation til the end is acidic goo, corrosion, absorb, absorb. repeat. toxic wasteling is also in team if disgusting dies, same abilities.

the only prob is, 2 of the spirit's pets use an aoe. to counter it, make your lowbie a magic pet, they take less damage from aqua. if all your magics are levelled already (mine are all over 20), try to use a lowbie that has more than 1300 hp or so, to take the aoe hits. and no elemental lowbies.
MADORAN__ <WCP> Shakesbeard
___________<LPL> Factotem
___________<PP> Orcane, Shrecksar, Remoo