Minfernal

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Blessaidlee
Pet Score:2598
Realm:Argent Dawn-us
Re: Minfernal

Post by Blessaidlee » October 2nd, 2012, 2:37 pm

Im on Argent Dawn I would like location information for those of you whose actually seen it or have seen multiple of them, times, ect. I really want one I dont care if its a rare or not (itd be nice if it was) if any of you could help me, even showing me, id really appreciate it! Ive tried everything /tar minfernal, killing infernals, pet battling for days and still no luck :(

Christina aka Blessaidlee

Ashado
Pet Score:7942
BattleTag®:Cozzene#1595
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Ashado » October 2nd, 2012, 10:57 pm

Snowpeaz wrote:Made this account to address some of the rarer pets like the mini infernal, my kids and I filmed the area of felwood for 24 hours ( spread out over 3 computers ) And killing the infernals do not spawn them any faster if anything it slowed them down, also pvp servers spawn a little faster then all the non pvp servers.

Killing the non tamable critters ( tainted rats etc ) seem to help the infernals respawn but there is never more then 2 at a time, and they do show up behind the rats and moths in battle but those appear about 1 out of every 20 battles.

Server restarts do not instantly spawn infernals but they show up shortly after.

Hope it helps, we got tired of reading "guesses" of when and where.

If you have any questions about that one or other rare pets feel free to contact Ashley at the Zang server ( alliance )
I went out and farmed pets for almost an hour, and I never got one as a back up pet. 1 in 20 battles seems VERY generous, and a little inaccurate. Just my experience.

Kingdms

Post by Kingdms » October 3rd, 2012, 10:53 am

Ashado wrote:I went out and farmed pets for almost an hour, and I never got one as a back up pet. 1 in 20 battles seems VERY generous, and a little inaccurate. Just my experience.
Were you farming in the correct area, though? If Minfernals pop as secondary pets, it is likely that they would only do so in the region that they normally spawn. This behavior is found in many other cases where pets spawn within a limited geographical boundary.

As a result you would have to fight the normal pet spawns in Shatter Scar Vale. These would be the only ones capable of producing a Minfernal as a secondary pet. That said, there's not many general spawns in the region. In an hour, if you're lucky, you might see that stupid Rat spawn half a dozen times. And I think it may be the only non-Minfernal spawn in the immediate vicinity.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » October 7th, 2012, 12:50 pm

I was never more happy to see

[Server Restart: 15:00 mins]

than I was this morning. Snagged an uncommon :)

Adashiel
MVP
Pet Score:3297
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Adashiel » October 9th, 2012, 9:20 am

The minfernal may be the one pet I'll settle for less than a Rare. I managed to briefly log in during the authentication server problems this Sunday, which allowed me to snag an Uncommon. However, that was the only time I ever saw any spawned. I have a character stationed at the location and regularly log it in to check, but it is always thoroughly camped. Even the non-minfernal pets are usually gone, and sometimes even the regular NPCs are cleared out. There are never less than two campers hovering. Maybe Blizzard is hoping the upgrade option that's supposedly coming in 5.1 alleviates the problem, but in the meantime I wish they'd just bump the spawn rate. (Also, increase the frequency of sandstorms! I want my silithid hatchling and it's been clear skies for days.)

One thing I am almost certain of, though, is the minfernals do not spawn as back-up pets in battles. I had some bad luck collecting the tainted moth, cockroach, and rat rares in Felwood and was forced to go through about a hundred battles. Not once did a minfernal show up. Most of those weren't in Shattered Scar Vale, but I'm pretty sure back-up pets are zone-wide rather than per subzone.

Kingdms

Post by Kingdms » October 9th, 2012, 9:36 am

Adashiel wrote:Most of those weren't in Shattered Scar Vale, but I'm pretty sure back-up pets are zone-wide rather than per subzone.
This is not true for all pets, especially those confined to a specific region. It is very likely that if the Minfernal can pop as a secondary pet, it would only occur within Shattered Scar Vale. Thus far, though, no one has taken the time to test the claims, and as a result they can not be refuted.

Ratjale89
Pet Score:1967
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Ratjale89 » October 12th, 2012, 2:36 am

From my week long on and off farming of a rare Minfernal il try to drop in some facts...

By far your best bet for finding one of these is the server restart, after restart area gets crowded with them and atleast 15 or so in the vale. If your realm is flagged for CRZ, it might end up being a good thing depending on how many people are trying to get it, because if you are persistent on logging attempts and manage to log in before CRZ server gets up you can sometimes manage to burn trough all the spawns of your realm and CRZ spawns right after.

If you do decide to do something like this, make shure to log of in the vale because by the time it would take you to get there from anywhere around, they will most likely be burnt trough.

Also in case you are hunting for a rare one, get an addon that can show you the quality of pets when you initiate the pet battle so you save time it would take you fighting the pack.

PS. Never saw it as a 2nd row pet.

Blessaidlee
Pet Score:2598
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Blessaidlee » October 12th, 2012, 5:03 pm

Plant a character in Shatter Vale, Felwood when the server constructs restarts. Its the only way I got one (rare) and there were several people camping the area. So pay attention when the servers back up. I searched, killed battled several days with no results. The best way Ive found is get to Felwood, Shatter Vale and log in quick! There werent many maybe 10 an there are ppl who settle for 1 and leave and then theres the people who kill/forfeit bc it wasnt a rare.

Good luck!
Blessaidlee

Kingdms

Post by Kingdms » October 12th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Also be aware that not all Realms come up at the same time. You might log in as soon as your character is available to find all the spawns have already been cleared by players that had access the the Cross-Realm area before you. To overcome this, if you have characters on multiple server park them all in Felwood before the restart. Log into the first character that becomes available, and hopefully you'll get in before the spawns are gone.

Oom
Pet Score:2072
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Oom » October 13th, 2012, 7:45 am

Just want to note that NPC scan seems to glitch in regards to this npc. It's an npc so I figured it would work. And it does. But ALL the time. It pops when there's no Minfernal around. At all. Which leads me to believe its a phased pet and npc catches it as the zone loads for me.

Kingdms

Post by Kingdms » October 13th, 2012, 9:36 am

Oom wrote:Just want to note that NPC scan seems to glitch in regards to this npc. It's an npc so I figured it would work. And it does. But ALL the time. It pops when there's no Minfernal around. At all. Which leads me to believe its a phased pet and npc catches it as the zone loads for me.
It's not a phased pet. What's happening is that the Addon is detecting the Minfernal spawns present on the single-Realm version of the zone. It still exists and is visibly noticeable, on occasion, when riding the game's Flight Paths. You will fly over rare mobs, pet spawns, and many other desirable objects, all present because there is no one populating the single-Realm zone to hunt them. When your ride comes to an end, however, your character is transitioned to the Cross-Realm version of the zone. As a result if you go to the area you witnessed these NPCs they will not be present. They weren't to begin with; you were looking at a pristine version of the zone that no one can access, not the version that you can actually play the game in.

Criskringle
Top Rater

Post by Criskringle » October 13th, 2012, 11:15 am

Still Number #1 On Daggerspine --- 318 pets - Will install the Game Add On to get this import issue working. YEAH NUMBER ONE! Oh yeah and a tip for those hunting the Minfernal - Dont waste time waiting on the spawn it is the only pet in the game that when linked from Pet Journal it is a BLUE link rather than the typical yellow - This Companion specifically spawns after SERVER RESTARTS and is meant to be the "Epic" in your collection. After camping Felwood for LITERALLY 18 hours a day for 5 days - IT ONLY SPAWNS AFTER THE RESTART. I got 3 Rare quality Minfernals in a row when I finally saw them. Good luck and happy hunting.

Kingdms

Post by Kingdms » October 13th, 2012, 11:24 am

Criskringle wrote:Oh yeah and a tip for those hunting the Minfernal - Dont waste time waiting on the spawn it is the only pet in the game that when linked from Pet Journal it is a BLUE link rather than the typical yellow - This Companion specifically spawns after SERVER RESTARTS and is meant to be the "Epic" in your collection. After camping Felwood for LITERALLY 18 hours a day for 5 days - IT ONLY SPAWNS AFTER THE RESTART.
Not true. I can confirm they do spawn throughout the day. I've personally seen a spawn pop on two occasions, well after the most recent restart, and have returned after witnessing the area cleared of all spawns to find one running around over a dozen times. They are on a slow respawn timer, though.

That said I would agree that waiting in the area for repops is largely a waste of time, not because they don't spawn, but because they respawn so infrequently that it's not worth the effort.

Bindibear
Top Rater

Post by Bindibear » October 13th, 2012, 5:49 pm

The patch notes I saw on MMO said "Minfernals are no longer arboreal. Their new ground dwelling ways should make them easier to find." This brings funny images to my head! lol

Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Mairin » October 13th, 2012, 7:47 pm

Adashiel wrote:The minfernal may be the one pet I'll settle for less than a Rare. I managed to briefly log in during the authentication server problems this Sunday, which allowed me to snag an Uncommon. However, that was the only time I ever saw any spawned. I have a character stationed at the location and regularly log it in to check, but it is always thoroughly camped. Even the non-minfernal pets are usually gone, and sometimes even the regular NPCs are cleared out. There are never less than two campers hovering. Maybe Blizzard is hoping the upgrade option that's supposedly coming in 5.1 alleviates the problem, but in the meantime I wish they'd just bump the spawn rate.
Even dynamic spawns would be nice especially with how many people are there. If you had it like there was always just 3 or 4 up spread over the whole vale it'd turn it into more of a game of a whack a mole :)
Criskringle wrote:Still Number #1 On Daggerspine --- 318 pets - Will install the Game Add On to get this import issue working. YEAH NUMBER ONE!
Personally I wouldn't say it too loudly since only 318 suggests a lot of people on your server have forgotten to update their collections and you might remind them ;)

Vhale
MVP
Pet Score:10441
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Vhale » October 13th, 2012, 7:53 pm

I was quite pleased that they were aboreal :D
I logged in and saw 2 people at a tree and a green paw icon on my mini map. Luckily, I was the only person that knew how to get it.