WOW COLLECTOR'S EDITION 2004

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Bosncsw
MVP
Pet Score:5435
Realm:Exodar-us
WOW COLLECTOR'S EDITION 2004

Post by Bosncsw » July 18th, 2013, 3:59 am

I started playing WOW a couple weeks before Cata was released so I am unfamiliar with pretty much everything before that. However, I have become an avid pet collector and I am currently only missing a handful of pets which I can only obtain through Collector's Edition WOW 2004, Blizzcon 2005 and TCG.

My question is if anyone can verify firsthand just what I would gain by purchasing the Original WoW Collector's Edition? Do you get all three of the pets from the game or do you get your choice of one of the three (Zergling, Panda Cub, Mini Diablo) I have looked several times at purchasing the game but as we all know it is very expensive so I want to make sure I would be buying what I think I am buying and I do not want to spend that kind of money if I am getting only one of the three pets.

I appreciate any feedback and/or confirmation that you may have. Thank you and Happy Pet Collecting!

Bosncsw

Pet Score:3853
Realm:Gorefiend-us

Re: WOW COLLECTOR'S EDITION 2004

Post by Avatar77 » July 18th, 2013, 4:13 am

You get all three pets (Mini Diablo, Panda Cub, Zergling) if you get the original "Vanilla" Collector's Edition.

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » July 18th, 2013, 7:59 am

Yeah, you get all three. You used to have to choose, but they changed it ^_^

Colar
Pet Score:3979
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Colar » July 18th, 2013, 8:53 am

Now if there was a way to get those 3 without spending $2,000

Bosncsw
MVP
Pet Score:5435
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Bosncsw » July 18th, 2013, 2:56 pm

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it! Yes it would be nice if they would sell those pets somewhere like on the Black Market AH or something along those lines. Now it's a matter of when not if I sacrifice my child's college fund to buy the game. The last two I would have left after that put me pretty much in the same boat. I'll still need Murky from Blizzcon card and Mini Tyrael from TCG and both are fairly high priced right now.

Goldash
Pet Score:4825
BattleTag®:Insane#1813
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Goldash » August 4th, 2013, 11:22 pm

Agree - my pokemon complex cannot be satisfied due to the fact I haven't logged in for every special event or had the money at the time to spend on collectors editions.

and currently it seems it's just too bad for new comers to wow who would like to obtain old promotion only pets/mounts. I vote make a legitimate way to get them via blizzstore, it's a winwin for blizz to make more money(not that they need it) and for new collectors to obtain the CE items they are missing or have the promotional items available at future events.

Caribou
Top Rater
Pet Score:1855
BattleTag®:Caribou#1524
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Caribou » August 6th, 2013, 10:00 am

Jobe20506 wrote:Agree - my pokemon complex cannot be satisfied due to the fact I haven't logged in for every special event or had the money at the time to spend on collectors editions.

and currently it seems it's just too bad for new comers to wow who would like to obtain old promotion only pets/mounts. I vote make a legitimate way to get them via blizzstore, it's a winwin for blizz to make more money(not that they need it) and for new collectors to obtain the CE items they are missing or have the promotional items available at future events.
That would take away from the rarity of the pets though, which is the entire point of having them.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » August 7th, 2013, 2:48 pm

Bosncsw wrote: and Mini Tyrael from TCG and both are fairly high priced right now.
Ty is from Blizzcon Euro I think... but really it's enough for me to know it's mucho bucks :o

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » August 7th, 2013, 3:07 pm

Mini Tyrael was from a conference that was held in Paris where they announced D3 (back in 2008, I believe).

Angelwings626
MVP
Pet Score:12264
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Angelwings626 » August 7th, 2013, 3:51 pm

Mini Tyreal was from the Arena Competition that was held in Paris. =( So wanted to go. The tickets even to that one sold out super fast!

Aislinge
MVP
Pet Score:4299
BattleTag®:Aislinge#1549
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Aislinge » August 8th, 2013, 10:01 am

Once I catch up with the in-game pets, I'll be much like yourself and only need those handful of very expensive and not easily acquired pets.

All I do is keep watching eBay, other online auction sites and even local auction houses. Personally, I can no longer justify $2-3k on those pets. I do wish there were other ways to obtain them (even if they came out in the Blizz Store for $100 each but were charity pets, that's something I'd consider and I don't think you'd see a huge flood or diminish from those already in game).

Actually, $100 donation to Child's Play or some such (even though it's not tax deductible anyway in Australia), is something I'd get behind.

Chuckthulu
Pet Score:4494
BattleTag®:Chuckthulu#1881
Realm:Velen-us

Post by Chuckthulu » August 8th, 2013, 10:49 am

Or to World Builders, I could get behind that myself

Aislinge
MVP
Pet Score:4299
BattleTag®:Aislinge#1549
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Aislinge » August 8th, 2013, 8:53 pm

Yeah you think they would tbh - the rarity of the pet is not doing Blizzard any favours. They get no more money from TCG cards being at $700 or a CE going for $2-3k.

As a company, you think they'd want to take their own market back.

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » August 9th, 2013, 12:57 pm

I'm not usually a member of the "too bad" crowd, but in this specific case... Too bad. I don't complain that I can't get old titles, or Amani War Bears anymore.

There are some things that should stay rare, time-limited and special. Having the vanilla CE pets is one of the only ways to truly show that you've been with WoW since the beginning, and that's pretty special.

Let the people who have been playing since the beginning have their tiny trophies, please. No, it doesn't make them better than you, but it does make them feel special and that shouldn't be taken away.

Kagalii
Top Rater
Pet Score:10513
BattleTag®:Mikadochan#1520
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Kagalii » August 10th, 2013, 5:38 pm

Anasa wrote:
There are some things that should stay rare, time-limited and special. Having the vanilla CE pets is one of the only ways to truly show that you've been with WoW since the beginning, and that's pretty special.
Or have a bunch of real life money to spend buying a CE or Blizzcon code on ebay.

I know they probably won't change it anyway, so I'm not going to cry too hard for them to make the pets available, but to say that it shows anything in particular about a person is kind of...not always accurate.

I should note that I HAVE been playing since a month after release of WoW and I don't feel the need to show it in game.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » August 10th, 2013, 7:10 pm

It is a shame, because they are unique. I've long since accepted I won't get them (unless I get a large sum of money very suddenly!). However, despite being unique and kinda cool... their models are very very dated. Compare Mini-Diablo to even Mini-Tyrael from 4 years later. HUGE difference. While it would be nice to have a Zergling to join my Baneling in my mini swarm... the Baneling just looks a lot better.

I'm not sure there is a point that I'm trying to make here, other than wow, pets have come a long way.

(Also, Blizz needs to let Grunty fight Banelings too! :P)