Looking for a certain attack...

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Terasu
Top Rater
Pet Score:1648
Realm:Muradin-us
Looking for a certain attack...

Post by Terasu » October 1st, 2012, 4:20 pm

Several nights ago I swear I read about a pet that has an attack that can (eventually) reduce an opponent's HP to one, but can't kill them. I haven't been able to locate it on here again, and I was hoping someone knew which attack I'm talking about. It would be extremely helpful in growing my collection, and I'm sure a lot of people would like to know a good pet to use to collect low level pets without worrying about their current pets killing things all the time. I just really hope I didn't dream pet research. :P Thanks!

Micillia
Pet Score:1630
Realm:Draenor-us

Re: Looking for a certain attack...

Post by Micillia » October 1st, 2012, 4:57 pm

there is a critter move called Survival. I lets the pet survive the next incomming attack by one hp. This is only for defending pets, not attacking.

i cant think of any other move like what you are describing, but it would be really nice to have it! like false swipe in pokemon

Prizefighter
Pet Score:5581
Realm:Lightninghoof-us

Post by Prizefighter » October 1st, 2012, 5:11 pm

I'm actively scouring the pets I've looked up recently to find it, but I know I saw an ability just like that. To be honest, though, you're probably better off downloading the Pet Battle Teams addon and making several different teams at varying level tiers.

For instance, now that I've completed all of the Tamer achievements, I've been capturing all the pokemon, errr, companion pets with a team of rare level 20-23 pets I caught during my first play through. Since you have to beat all of the remaining pets in battle to capture a new pet, you might as well be getting experience while progressing through all the different achievements.

Tadedra
Pet Score:7267
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Post by Tadedra » October 1st, 2012, 6:03 pm

I was thinking it would be nice to have spells given some sort of classification beyond strength/weakness family types. Kind of a like a raid equivalent.

Examples: HOT for healing over time like tranquility, while there is a Self-Heal and a Self Heal overtime like Photosynthesis which only heals the sunflower so if they are pulled out of battle the healing doesn't continue.
DoT like Immolate vs something like Sticky Grenade which takes 3 turns to deal a lot of damage (but I have no idea what a raid equivalent might be for that)

that way if you wanted to build a team that might have a DoT, AOE, HoT, and Self Heal and something with a crowd control, you could do that. Plus it would give a player a quick idea of what the spells potentials are.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » October 1st, 2012, 6:42 pm

At level 20, most Roach pets get Apocalypse, a 15 turn attack that will kill any creature that isn't a cockroach!
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Shyxx
Pet Score:2016
Realm:Chromaggus-us

Post by Shyxx » October 1st, 2012, 7:20 pm

You're looking for the Terrible Turnip's ability "Weakening Blow" - can't reduce an opponent's life below 1.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/el ... le-turnip/

Booyah!

Fishbowl

Post by Fishbowl » October 1st, 2012, 7:23 pm

that is one awesome ability. thanks!

Terasu
Top Rater
Pet Score:1648
Realm:Muradin-us

Post by Terasu » October 1st, 2012, 7:53 pm

Thank you!! I decided to just buckle down and look through every pet but hadn't made it to the T pets yet. :) Guess I need to buy the expansion and start farming. Heheh. :P

Cropher
MVP
Pet Score:7153
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Cropher » October 2nd, 2012, 8:12 am

Yep, it's the Terrible Turnip. You can only get it by a) buying it in the AH or b) growing it yourself. If you plant what Jogu (the "drunken fish" guy) tells you to, rarely you will get an Ominous Seed. When you plant it, you'll get a Terrible Turnip!