Most valuable/desirable Darkmoon vendor pet

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dazz
Pet Score:3827
BattleTag®:abbystarlite#1845
Realm:Silver Hand-us
Most valuable/desirable Darkmoon vendor pet

Post by Dazz » July 29th, 2013, 8:01 pm

The Darkmoon Faire is coming and I wanted to try to purchase one of the vendor pets with prize tickets to try to AH sell or trade it. Which one pet out of all the choices do you think would be most profitable, either because it's the best for pet battles or one that could easily sell/would be desired for trade? Thanks for any opinions!

Smokes
Pet Score:2626
BattleTag®:Smokes#1457
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Re: Most valuable/desirable Darkmoon vendor pet

Post by Smokes » July 29th, 2013, 9:13 pm

This ultimately depends on your realms AH, but I personally put the most value on the Tonk, because I use it all the time in pet battles. My suggestion for selling these these, just from watching the AH, is to hang onto them for about a week after the fair is over and the listed price will double as supply drops off.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 29th, 2013, 10:11 pm

I agree with Smokes, and would say the Tonk. But to add to that, the Zepp is also a pretty good pet that can be handy in different situations.

Between those two, I think you should be able to find some interest. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Chrth
Pet Score:5078
BattleTag®:Chrth#1939
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Chrth » July 30th, 2013, 10:48 am

I'm thinking Darkmoon Cub because of the Crazy Cat Lady achievement coming in 5.4
Quick and Dirty Primer to Raiding With Leashes II:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4129

Chess Event Strategy/Discussion:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4168

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » July 30th, 2013, 12:32 pm

haha, funny thread. I read your comment and my first thought was the hatchling. It is the one I sell every month because it is the newest, therefore more people probably dont´have it.

so 4 replies, 4 different answers. Internet forums, useful as always.

Chuckthulu
Pet Score:4494
BattleTag®:Chuckthulu#1881
Realm:Velen-us

Post by Chuckthulu » July 30th, 2013, 12:58 pm

I would have to say Tonk and Zep. Keep in mind Zep is having it's abilities "shuffled" so it may not be as valuable to pvpers
An alternative is to hold the tickets,state in /trade that you are selling "any" darkmoon pet, state a basic price, and see what happens.
Weekend would be best for this. I only mention this because we have a guy on my server who does just that, on multiple alts.

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Adumbledore » July 30th, 2013, 1:44 pm

Chuckthulu wrote:I would have to say Tonk and Zep. Keep in mind Zep is having it's abilities "shuffled" so it may not be as valuable to pvpers
An alternative is to hold the tickets,state in /trade that you are selling "any" darkmoon pet, state a basic price, and see what happens.
Weekend would be best for this. I only mention this because we have a guy on my server who does just that, on multiple alts.
That's what I see people doing on Kil'Jaeden (at least on the Horde side). It's sound advice, especially with pet abilities constantly changing.

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » July 30th, 2013, 3:48 pm

I'm seeing the hatchling a lot in the AH. Also the turtle and zeppelin. The others not so much, but I guess it depends on your server. The less there are, the more they're worth.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » July 31st, 2013, 2:38 pm

Azrile wrote:haha, funny thread. I read your comment and my first thought was the hatchling. It is the one I sell every month because it is the newest, therefore more people probably dont´have it.

so 4 replies, 4 different answers. Internet forums, useful as always.
This. I farm and sell these every month, and I have found the hatchlings are the easiest to sell, presumably like Azrile says, because it is the newest addition. As others have said, tonk and zepp are probably the best sellers after that, because they are the most useful for battles.

Adumbledore
Top Rater

Post by Adumbledore » July 31st, 2013, 2:41 pm

When I get back on WoW, I need to go buy some and sell them. I have over 600 tickets just sitting there doing nothing that could be used for these.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » August 1st, 2013, 4:23 am

Adumbledore wrote:When I get back on WoW, I need to go buy some and sell them. I have over 600 tickets just sitting there doing nothing that could be used for these.
I would hold half of them for the next expansion. It is almost a given that there will be new things to buy. None of the darkmoon pets sell for much anymore I don´t really do much with darkmoon faire except the pet tamer and the drop quest items that you can turn in every month. I am stocking up one tickets for next expansion.

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » August 1st, 2013, 6:07 am

Looking at my trading diary, I have sold:

Darkmoon Cub x 8
Darkmoon Hatchling x 5
Darkmoon Monkey x 5
Darkmoon Tonk x 12
Darkmoon Turtle x 6
Darkmoon Zeppelin x 8

Draw your own conclusions.

Adumbledore
Top Rater

Post by Adumbledore » August 1st, 2013, 5:25 pm

Azrile wrote:
Adumbledore wrote:When I get back on WoW, I need to go buy some and sell them. I have over 600 tickets just sitting there doing nothing that could be used for these.
I would hold half of them for the next expansion. It is almost a given that there will be new things to buy. None of the darkmoon pets sell for much anymore I don´t really do much with darkmoon faire except the pet tamer and the drop quest items that you can turn in every month. I am stocking up one tickets for next expansion.
I probably will. :lol: I've had them this long, I may as well keep them for new stuff (whenever they may add that).