Guide: on How to level up your level 1 pet to 25 in just 1hr

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us
Re: Guide: on How to level up your level 1 pet to 25 in just

Post by Azrile » July 24th, 2013, 2:23 pm

There are much easier ways to do it. There is a spot in eastern Jade forest where the legendary pet is that has about 6 critter pets permanently around him.

1. Darkmoon Zepplin - use decoy absorbs 2 hits
2. Level 1 pet
3. Any Beast pet with Ravage. I use a fast one ´horned lizard´. Your pet will stay near full health most of the time.

There is no reason to ´hope´ your level 1 pet survives. Once you finish that first battle, your pet will be level 6 or 7, then move him to the first slot, and replace the Zepplin with a Flying pet.. but usually your Beast with ravage will tear through the entire team.. flying is nice to have because there are some healing frogs that make things take longer. You are wasting a lot of time hoping your level 1 pet survives that first hit.

Arwyn3
Top Rater
Pet Score:6996
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-us

Post by Arwyn3 » July 25th, 2013, 9:43 am

I've been doing the same thing with one change. Every day I take one of my alts around to at least the first 3-4 low level trainer quests. They don't give bags, no but they do give a ton of exp for both your pets and your character doing it. This helps me get my pets that I'm planning on power leveling to 25 up to lvl 5 or so before taking them to pandaria so that they will almost always survive a first hit. By the way the exp you get from trainer battles is scaled to your level and ends up being about as much as turning in a couple level appropriate quests. My rogue for example, at 89 was getting 215k exp per trainer quest. My Pally at lvl 83 gets like 48k per. It's actually not a terrible way to lazy level a toon.

Swonk
Pet Score:1906
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Swonk » July 25th, 2013, 11:45 am

I can level a pet 1-25 in about 35-40 minutes using the following method -

Team:
1 - Mr. Bigglesworth 2,1,1
2 - Levelling pet
3 - Chrominius 1,2,1

Experience Buffs: Safari Hat, Lesser Pet Treat

Zone: The Veiled Stair

Strategy: The wild pets are always critters and theres a stable master outside the inn. I usually pounce twice to kill the first pet, put up Ice Wall, bring in level pet, bring in Chrominius for the last two. Ancient Blessing + Ravage means you can keep this team going for a lot of battles before needing to stop at the trainer.

Kiowa
Top Rater
Pet Score:5349
BattleTag®:Towgrunt#1690
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Kiowa » July 27th, 2013, 12:15 pm

Can you spawn rares and battle stones from farming the respawns near the Jade Forest Legendary?

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » July 27th, 2013, 2:42 pm

Kiowa wrote:Can you spawn rares and battle stones from farming the respawns near the Jade Forest Legendary?
Yes on both. The stones you get are based on the pet you engage originally, so in this case, all critters.

Corah
Pet Score:13318
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Corah » July 28th, 2013, 11:20 am

Arwyn3 wrote:I've been doing the same thing with one change. Every day I take one of my alts around to at least the first 3-4 low level trainer quests. They don't give bags, no but they do give a ton of exp for both your pets and your character doing it. This helps me get my pets that I'm planning on power leveling to 25 up to lvl 5 or so before taking them to pandaria so that they will almost always survive a first hit. By the way the exp you get from trainer battles is scaled to your level and ends up being about as much as turning in a couple level appropriate quests. My rogue for example, at 89 was getting 215k exp per trainer quest. My Pally at lvl 83 gets like 48k per. It's actually not a terrible way to lazy level a toon.
This is exactly what I do! I've leveled my priest from 45 to 56 on it.

Ruststorm
Top Rater
Pet Score:5021
Realm:Nagrand-eu

Post by Ruststorm » July 29th, 2013, 2:42 pm

Swonk wrote:I can level a pet 1-25 in about 35-40 minutes using the following method -

Team:
1 - Mr. Bigglesworth 2,1,1
2 - Levelling pet
3 - Chrominius 1,2,1

Experience Buffs: Safari Hat, Lesser Pet Treat

Zone: The Veiled Stair

Strategy: The wild pets are always critters and theres a stable master outside the inn. I usually pounce twice to kill the first pet, put up Ice Wall, bring in level pet, bring in Chrominius for the last two. Ancient Blessing + Ravage means you can keep this team going for a lot of battles before needing to stop at the trainer.
That's interesting really. Gonna give that a try leveling my pets to 19. I've always been using my Anubisath Idol for that with that incredibly annoying missrate...

Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Post by Papazol » July 30th, 2013, 5:36 am

Fighting 4 or 5 pet masters will lvl your pet up to 25 lvl realy fast. So you can lvl like 3 pets for 25 lvl every day with great profit. If you like to lvl pets on just wild pets it is slower and better to do near stable master. So you need places like The veiled stair or midle part Valley of four winds.

Violetfemme
Top Rater
Pet Score:4120
BattleTag®:Violet#1301
Realm:Aegwynn-us

Post by Violetfemme » July 30th, 2013, 6:22 am

I do this one of 3 ways. And it can take about the same amount of time or less. I think it's all about what you prefer and where you have your characters stationed vs. what you want to accomplish.

Method 1
Use SW squirrels to level 3 pets from 1-4 in about 5-10 mins, then go to Pandaria trainers with those level 4 pets. Usually they end up between 20 and 24 depending on food buffs and which pet I want leveled more than the others.

Method 2
Use the aquatic pets in the vale to level even with a level 1 pet (they often start with a healing move). Same method as OP, just different level 25 pets and different location.

Method 3
Use old world trainers to level a pet to about 16-20 (again depending on food buffs) then bring it to a couple of Pandaria tamer battles.

Method 1 and 3 require alts stationed in various locations and/or a fast method to get around (mage or a character with various teleporting gear available) for fast leveling. To do either method on just one character would take much longer.

I use my mage for old world trainers (hearth is set in Uldum) and have 2 leveling characters stationed right at trainers in Pandaria and my 90s stationed in different zones in Pandaria, so there is a minimum amount of travel needed to reach all trainers (the longest travel is to get to the spirit trainer in Jade Forest because my alt doing the Hyuna battle does not fly yet.)

Like I said, I think it's all based on preference and what you intend to do.

Ruststorm
Top Rater
Pet Score:5021
Realm:Nagrand-eu

Post by Ruststorm » July 31st, 2013, 8:44 am

Ruststorm wrote:That's interesting really. Gonna give that a try leveling my pets to 19. I've always been using my Anubisath Idol for that with that incredibly annoying missrate...
Awesome; been trying this for a few days, and it's a great way <3 thanks for that!

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » July 31st, 2013, 4:45 pm

I have been leveling my alt in 4 winds. I had a friend port him to the shrine where I bound. Then got a flight to veiled stair. From there i made a suicide run to halfhill for the fp. There is a huge area in 4 winds where you can go with no aggro. I've leveled him up on wild battles, and mining (ghost iron just needs level 1). He can also do the two tamers every day and even get valor on a lowbie. Using lesser treats and some good radio, I have leveled well over 100 pets plus got the toon from 58 to 83 so far.
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » July 31st, 2013, 5:51 pm

I have been fighting the Jungle Grubs in Krasarang Wilds with the following team:

1) Spectral Porcupette
2) Leveling pet
3) Darkmoon Tonk

Start with Illusionary Barrier, switch in the leveling pet, then switch out to the Tonk. The Tonk can solo pretty much any of the wild pets in that zone (and for those few fights where it can't, the porcupette can finish the fight). If a stone drops, it will be a beast stone (since the grubs are beasts).

Entangled
Pet Score:11232
BattleTag®:Entangled#1556
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Entangled » August 1st, 2013, 2:23 am

I levelled a few characters grinding out the stones, the best spots for stones are usually near the beast of fable spots. My favourite spot is by Gorespine (beast stones), only level 24 and 25 to battle against so slightly faster with no 23's. Kafi is another good spot for beast. Nitun and Critter Yi are great spots for critter stones, No-no and around Aki (in vale) are good places for aquatic. There is a spot west of Hyuna of the shrine (Jade forest), south -west of grookin hill is a good spot to grind flying (against shrine fly, sorry don't have co-ordinates. Around Nordrassil (hyjal) is also a good place to grind flying and magic but can get busy ( more competition.) I used all the flawless on the mechanicals.

Lordblacknail
Pet Score:9097
BattleTag®:Stormey0317#1264
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Lordblacknail » August 2nd, 2013, 6:07 pm

If you go by the ponds near two moons, you can level two pets at once. Just use an anubisath Idol and any two pets to level, and Bob's your uncle. Well, actually, he's my uncle, but you get the idea.