Guild Benefits

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Violetfemme
Top Rater
Pet Score:4120
BattleTag®:Violet#1301
Realm:Aegwynn-us
Guild Benefits

Post by Violetfemme » July 21st, 2013, 9:20 am

Does anyone know if there are currently or plan to be any guild benefits that go along with pet collecting or battling? For instance, for say every 1000 trainer or pvp battles won by guild members, the guild earns points toward better pets or earns gold per battle or earns extra buff food toward pet leveling, etc? That way when we pet collectors/battlers don't contribute to a guild by raiding or doing scenarios/dungeons, we can feel some value as a guild member by helping in our own way.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Re: Guild Benefits

Post by Gwenolyn » July 21st, 2013, 9:28 am

That's a neat idea. Lots of pet people in our guild. Sounds cool! Could even unlock a guild purchase pet when the guild wins 25,000 battles or something.
Last edited by Gwenolyn on July 21st, 2013, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » July 21st, 2013, 11:32 am

I LOVE that idea! :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » July 22nd, 2013, 1:39 am

yep, seems kinda weird that there is a pet for raiding, but not for pets battles.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » July 28th, 2013, 8:09 pm

fully agree. pet battles are kind of gimmicky, so they would make good guild bonuses (faster pet leveling, bonus tamers), achievements (win x battles, pvp battles, tamer fights), stuff like this, without having much of an impact in balance.

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Adumbledore » July 28th, 2013, 9:40 pm

It's a good idea. :) Maybe through this system, they could implement the first epic pet for people to use?

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/

Violetfemme
Top Rater
Pet Score:4120
BattleTag®:Violet#1301
Realm:Aegwynn-us

Post by Violetfemme » July 28th, 2013, 9:44 pm

LOL, lots of good suggestions to add to my original thought. I did submit my suggestion to Blizzard, so maybe in some patch we'll see something for this! I just hope we don't have to wait for the next expansion to come out.

Adumbledore
Top Rater

Post by Adumbledore » July 28th, 2013, 9:51 pm

Violetfemme wrote:LOL, lots of good suggestions to add to my original thought. I did submit my suggestion to Blizzard, so maybe in some patch we'll see something for this! I just hope we don't have to wait for the next expansion to come out.
lol, me too. Especially since the only guild perk-type changes we got were the faster flight path speed and the increased healing from bandages.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » July 29th, 2013, 5:59 am

i would be surprised to see anything of this kind before 6.0, honestly. anyways i'd rather see some thought-out and creative implementation of the idea, rather than the standard "kill x wild pets, get pet" thing which would be relatively easy to add.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » July 29th, 2013, 9:45 am

How about a guild benefit called "Petting Zoo" that you get when your guild collects 5000 unique (total of unique counts per member) pets. The benefit would be 100 more pet slots per member.

Adumbledore
Top Rater

Post by Adumbledore » July 29th, 2013, 1:25 pm

Ril wrote:i would be surprised to see anything of this kind before 6.0, honestly. anyways i'd rather see some thought-out and creative implementation of the idea, rather than the standard "kill x wild pets, get pet" thing which would be relatively easy to add.
Yeah those kind of achievements get really boring, really fast. I would much rather do something that takes a little thought and imagination.
GilroyKilroy wrote:How about a guild benefit called "Petting Zoo" that you get when your guild collects 5000 unique (total of unique counts per member) pets. The benefit would be 100 more pet slots per member.
That would be cool. Blizzard has said in the past that they didn't want the guild perks to affect raiding or pvp too much and this wouldn't affect it at all.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » July 29th, 2013, 1:35 pm

I think additional slots will probably be something they will have to give to everyone as the cap gets higher. I know people in single person guilds (by themselves in otherwords) could never get such an acheivement and therefore would have to stop collecting?? That wouldn't be right.

I love this idea, just not sure what the rewards could/should be? New guild bank tab for pets only? hehe just a thought...

Edit: For herb/mining guilds get bonus herbs/ore etc. So maybe extra chance when battling at stones (which I don't need), or treats, or Timeless Isle Coins (dreaming here). Etc etc...

Adumbledore
Top Rater

Post by Adumbledore » July 29th, 2013, 1:51 pm

Gwenolyn wrote:I think additional slots will probably be something they will have to give to everyone as the cap gets higher. I know people in single person guilds (by themselves in otherwords) could never get such an acheivement and therefore would have to stop collecting?? That wouldn't be right.

I love this idea, just not sure what the rewards could/should be? New guild bank tab for pets only? hehe just a thought...

Edit: For herb/mining guilds get bonus herbs/ore etc. So maybe extra chance when battling at stones (which I don't need), or treats, or Timeless Isle Coins (dreaming here). Etc etc...
We'll definitely need more slots, especially since they seem to add 20+ pets in at a time (which is fine by me :D).

I like the idea of the reward being an extra chance at something pet battle-related. Getting more stones, treats, etc. would be nice and I still like the idea of the perk/achievement allowing you to get the first epic battle pet. So maybe it doesn't have to be just one perk/achievement? Maybe they should create a Pet Battles section under the guild achievements?