The rarity of certain rare pets

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Bindibear
Top Rater
The rarity of certain rare pets

Post by Bindibear » September 28th, 2012, 10:55 pm

Are there pets that only come in some rarities?

Specifically, Toads are almost always uncommon. I've caught one rare, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a common or poor spawn. Also, Infested Bear Cubs always seem to be poor. I have yet to see one in any other rarity. Admittedly, their spawns are icky, so I've only fought maybe 30...

BlueFlameWolf
Realm:Khaz Modan-us

Re: The rarity of certain rare pets

Post by BlueFlameWolf » September 29th, 2012, 12:18 am

every pet has the potential to be a rare, iv caught over 50, it just takes patients.

fastest way is to engage in battle, an if it isnt rare, forfit an find the next one. when you forfit the bad quality pet despawns, so hopefuly when it response, it will be rare.

One awesome way to determine a rare, is an addon i found called Pet Battle Quality Glow addon which can be found on wowinterface.com

the addon changes the color of the name text for all pets (yours, wild pets, an even pvp pets) when encountered. Showing you wish ones are poor, common, uncommon an rare!

RallyC

Post by RallyC » September 29th, 2012, 1:47 pm

BlueFlameWolf wrote: One awesome way to determine a rare, is an addon i found called Pet Battle Quality Glow addon which can be found on wowinterface.com

the addon changes the color of the name text for all pets (yours, wild pets, an even pvp pets) when encountered. Showing you wish ones are poor, common, uncommon an rare!
Thanks for the tip about the addon. Gonna get it now. Should help out considerably :)

Runestones
MVP
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Runestones » September 29th, 2012, 2:52 pm

It definitely takes longer for some pets than others. It took me about 3 hours (200 pet battles) to get the Grey Moth in rare form. Typically I am happy to get an "uncommon" pet and move on. If you try to catch a rare of everything it will take an excruciatingly long time.

Myrikenes
Pet Score:4100
Realm:Sen'jin-eu

Post by Myrikenes » September 30th, 2012, 7:23 am

Well... I guess as it is now no problem to get any pets anymore for me as a real collector that will be my new goal.
Getting every pet in blue or better. :)