Idle Animations

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Laraven
Pet Score:7886
BattleTag®:LaRaven#1620
Realm:Korgath-us
Idle Animations

Post by Laraven » July 27th, 2013, 6:50 am

I have been so busy collecting the million new pets Blizz gave us, that I have not enjoyed them all. I have yet to even summon most of them. What are some pets with really kewl idle animations? Something cute to take out sitting at the Vale?

I was playing around with my new Rocket Chicken this morning and it keeps blowing itself up and it dismisses the pet. LOL!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Idle Animations

Post by Quintessence » July 27th, 2013, 7:47 am

There are so many to talk about, all fun, so it's tough to pick just a few to mention! I adore any and all interesting idle animations that they give to our pets, and I'm huge supporter of more, more, more. XD

For the latest patch, I love all the idle animations of the pets from Raiding With Leashes II, especially the Lesser Voidcaller, Netherspace Abyssal, and Tito.

The Filthling's fun because it throws up onto you and turns you an odd shade of yellow-green.

All three Direhorns are cute since they run around in a small circle and leave behind a light dust trail.

If you're looking for pets that came before 5.3, you can use the pet filter and select "Has interactivity". It only lists pets that have a direct interaction with either you, a player/NPC, or another pet/critter, but it's a good place to start for some neat animations. :D
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » July 27th, 2013, 11:07 am

Creepy Crate eats critters around you (so don't have him out if you are hunting pets by the way). Tongue shoots out and swallows the critter. If it's a big one, you see the legs sticking out of the side as it eats it. It used to count towards the guild critter kill achievement, but they nerfed that a few months ago. Until then, I just left mine out to get the achievement.

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » July 27th, 2013, 1:49 pm

Nuts is fun..he throws acorns at you, and they go "boing" when they hit you. :lol:

Nosiara
Pet Score:11410
BattleTag®:Tesla#1469
Realm:The Scryers-us

Post by Nosiara » July 27th, 2013, 2:20 pm

The Tideskipper, lol will pass gas, and wave the fumes away with his hand. And of course, the Unborn Valk will rez dead critters.

Ackbah
MVP
Pet Score:3209
BattleTag®:Ackbah#1648
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Ackbah » July 27th, 2013, 3:24 pm

The Searing Scorchling will set critters near you on fire !! Burn bunny burn !!

Ack )

Naplam
Top Rater
Pet Score:11279
BattleTag®:Naplam#1702
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Naplam » July 28th, 2013, 3:31 am

Just a few off the top of my head:

Unborn Valk will ressurect non-battle pet critters every few minutes
Blossoming Ancient (summer) occasionally shines sunlight on itself
Enchanted Broom...well, sweeps
Filthling spits...brown..stuff at you and stains you for a few seconds

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » July 28th, 2013, 11:57 am

Elwynn Lamb has always been one of my favourites. If you have him out for a while a wolf charges up out of nowhere and attacks him. Freaked me out when it happened the first time and I was really relieved that I could just summon him again and that he didn't "really" get eaten! :lol:
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Laraven

Post by Laraven » July 28th, 2013, 12:25 pm

Mehetabel wrote:Elwynn Lamb has always been one of my favourites. If you have him out for a while a wolf charges up out of nowhere and attacks him. Freaked me out when it happened the first time and I was really relieved that I could just summon him again and that he didn't "really" get eaten! :lol:
no way???? Im soo checking this out!

Laraven

Post by Laraven » July 28th, 2013, 12:52 pm

Laraven wrote:
Mehetabel wrote:Elwynn Lamb has always been one of my favourites. If you have him out for a while a wolf charges up out of nowhere and attacks him. Freaked me out when it happened the first time and I was really relieved that I could just summon him again and that he didn't "really" get eaten! :lol:
no way???? Im soo checking this out!
yeah this one is awesome!!! LOLL thank you for letting me know. ;)

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » July 28th, 2013, 3:37 pm

Tito summons a little twister with 2 targetable cows in it that throws him up in the air.
In fact, all of the RWL II pets do something I think.
Fox kit dances on his hind legs.
If you /sexy Pengu, he eventually slides away from you on his belly with the "dash" sound.
The runners like Egbert, Mulgore hatchling, Darting hatchling, randomly run from you.
Feline Familiar mounts a broom when you mount.
Dragon Kite occasionally gets struck by lightening.

Shakesbeard
Top Rater
Pet Score:4734
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Shakesbeard » August 4th, 2013, 1:11 pm

toxic wasteling eats non-battle critters, increasing in size with each. it gets pretty big

frigid frostling throws a snowball at you or another player near you
MADORAN__ <WCP> Shakesbeard
___________<LPL> Factotem
___________<PP> Orcane, Shrecksar, Remoo

Rosalyne
Top Rater
Pet Score:5903
BattleTag®:Rosalyne#1595
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Rosalyne » August 4th, 2013, 1:41 pm

I was fishing in Dalaran the first time I saw this happen and I was so confused for a minute! :lol: The dead lamb right afterwards is pretty sad though.

The Lesser Voidcaller had me confused the first time too and my guildies thinking I was insane because I was seeing little ghosts and had no clue where they'd come from.

I wasn't aware of a lot of these (I'm a neglectful pet owner!), so I think I'm going to be playing with my pets today.

Xiexie
Pet Score:1109
Realm:Antonidas-us

Post by Xiexie » September 13th, 2017, 2:13 am

Hate to necro an old post, but I love watching some of the cool things pets do while you're busy reading the mail or banking.

Like Moon Moon the Darkmoon Faire pet that drops off Moonfang. He howls and runs and jumps at you with a sparkly moonlight animation streaking out behind him.

The pet shop pets like the Pandaren Monk, Murkidan and Brightpaw are interesting as well and Shadow, the Fennec Fox pet supporting hurricane relief (go Blizz!) are all cute. Shadow changes from gold to purple and dances on his back feet from time to time. The Monk does martial arts moves complete with shouts and Brightpaw dashes around with an arcane contrail.

Of course the Corgis scooting around on their butts are funny, especially the Molten Corgi leaving a molten trail in his wake.

Also, for those of you in Legion with the Pilfered Sweeper toy from the captured Wyrmtongue treasure hoard guy on the Broken Shore, if you summon any domestic-type cat pet, it'll jump on top of the sweeper like a YouTube Roomba cat and ride it around!

Just wondering what else y'all might have found since this post went cold.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » September 13th, 2017, 2:43 am

There is [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16249]that list[/url] made by a volunteer. It isn't complete, but is already quite long.

You can also filter pets by interactivity, what is quite the opposite of "idle", but also related.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507