prepare for the next s-storm. PVP only pet

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us
prepare for the next s-storm. PVP only pet

Post by Azrile » July 26th, 2013, 8:03 pm

Unless I am reading it wrong, there is going to be a pet added that requires you to kill other players. Basically you need to transform yourself, which makes you flagged for pvp... you then need to kill 100 players on the timeless isle to collect 100 blood spirits to buy the pet from a vendor... I think the name was vengeful porcupette.

Unless they allow us to trade kills.. seems like this is going to cause a lot of negative feedback.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: prepare for the next s-storm. PVP only pet

Post by Quintessence » July 26th, 2013, 8:10 pm

This makes me cringe. I guess I should start looking for a horde buddy to trade kills with on my server.

Just curious, how would they not allow us to trade kills since this seems like it would be a free-for-all/world PVP?

For those interested, here's a description of the vendor and items used to collect Bloody Coins.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Azrile

Post by Azrile » July 26th, 2013, 8:23 pm

It looks like there are two items that transform you. One can be bought with the timeless coins but when you use it, you lose 90% of your health, so you probably only want to use it in a safe place and then eat. The other comes from a rare spawn or can is bought with the same currency that you need to buy the pet, transforms you without the HP loss.

Well, the easy way they could stop you from trading kills is to put a timer on it.. once you kill someone you can´t get a coin from them for 15 mins..

In any event... 100 pvp kills is a LOT, considering you are flagged even for your own faction. Also, I think this will just ruin the whole island if people do what I think they will.. 5 players in a group, all use this item, then go around ganking people who are fighting rare elite spawns?.. on pve servers?? I can´t imagine this makes it off the ptr

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » July 26th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Azrile wrote:Well, the easy way they could stop you from trading kills is to put a timer on it.. once you kill someone you can´t get a coin from them for 15 mins..
Ugh, that sounds like it would be a miserable time. :(
Azrile wrote:In any event... 100 pvp kills is a LOT, considering you are flagged even for your own faction. Also, I think this will just ruin the whole island if people do what I think they will.. 5 players in a group, all use this item, then go around ganking people who are fighting rare elite spawns?.. on pve servers?? I can´t imagine this makes it off the ptr
One thing they could implement is a specific area on the Timeless Isle where the items work, and wandering outside of it removes the item effect. Not that this would help on PVP servers since it's a free-for-all already... >_<
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Azrile

Post by Azrile » July 26th, 2013, 9:51 pm

Just too much griefiing potential on pve servers. You are going to have people transforming, then standing on top of everything you kill hoping you use some type of cleave.

Naplam
Top Rater
Pet Score:11279
BattleTag®:Naplam#1702
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Naplam » July 26th, 2013, 10:59 pm

Azrile wrote:hoping you use some type of cleave.
Cleave abilities don't hit flagged enemies unless you're flagged yourself.

Dash
BattleTag®:mab#2803

Post by Dash » July 27th, 2013, 3:02 am

You don't have to go look for the other faction since it flags you for everybody, if I've read the thing correctly (pretty much like Gurubashi and the other "every man for himself" arenas).

Also, with a bit of planning, it's pretty easy to organize a massive pvp-fest, with or without the other faction (like in Haala in Nagrand for the talbuks mounts).

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » July 27th, 2013, 1:53 pm

This sounds horrible. Its enough to keep me off the Timeless Isle, if we are going to get ganked even on PVE servers. :x

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Adumbledore » July 27th, 2013, 2:13 pm

It certainly puts an interesting twist on things, with your own faction being able to attack you. I think it will be fun to see the pvp guilds (on pvp realms) suddenly go from having guild vs. guild battles to a giant free-for-all. I guess they're trying to keep the 20 people vs. 1 person battles to as much of a minimum as possible.

Does anyone know if you get a coin by attacking the person or do you have to get the killing blow to receive them? I imagine the latter, but you never know.

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » July 27th, 2013, 4:54 pm

Seems to be a little stupid. But hey, its cageable!

Azrile

Post by Azrile » July 28th, 2013, 2:18 am

Gilneas wrote:Seems to be a little stupid. But hey, its cageable!
yeah, I noticed that also. Might end up being a great guild fund-raiser.

´ok, everyone come... I am going to transform, then kill you all, then we will sell the pet for 150k and you will never have to buy flasks again´..

I am more concerned about what this will do to the Timeless isle pve part of it. Any time something like this ( ie zombie event) gets added, it just is exploited and used to grief other players. Will need to see it on PTR.. but the way I read it, it automatically allows you to attack other players.. in other words, they don´t have to flag themselves by attacking you.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » July 28th, 2013, 6:21 am

Seems like an attempt of Blizzard to make world pvp, but it does sound heavy with potential for griefing.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » July 28th, 2013, 6:32 am

n other words, they don´t have to flag themselves by attacking you.
Most definitely not the case.

Dash
BattleTag®:mab#2803

Post by Dash » July 28th, 2013, 8:06 am

Azrile wrote: I am more concerned about what this will do to the Timeless isle pve part of it. Any time something like this ( ie zombie event) gets added, it just is exploited and used to grief other players. Will need to see it on PTR.. but the way I read it, it automatically allows you to attack other players.. in other words, they don´t have to flag themselves by attacking you.
No way they would make people who are not flagged attackable, unless there is a very specific zone, again like in those "every man for himself" little arenas. The person becomes "yellow" (as in attackable) for everyone on a pve server, more likely.

Adumbledore
Top Rater

Post by Adumbledore » July 28th, 2013, 1:44 pm

Luciandk wrote:Seems like an attempt of Blizzard to make world pvp, but it does sound heavy with potential for griefing.
Definitely. We went from having no world pvp to nothing but world pvp. It was fine at first, but now it's getting a little ridiculous.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » July 28th, 2013, 3:25 pm

Quintessence wrote:This makes me cringe. I guess I should start looking for a horde buddy to trade kills with on my server.

Just curious, how would they not allow us to trade kills since this seems like it would be a free-for-all/world PVP?

For those interested, here's a description of the vendor and items used to collect [url=http://ptr.wowhead.com/currency=789]Bloody Coins[/url].
/raises hand... oh, oh pick me!!!

Ya, I bet I can get a group together to trade kills with. Even within my own guild it seems. If you see me, have a heart... I'm only a PvE squishy mage :shock:

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » July 28th, 2013, 9:42 pm

Gwenolyn wrote:/raises hand... oh, oh pick me!!!

Ya, I bet I can get a group together to trade kills with. Even within my own guild it seems. If you see me, have a heart... I'm only a PvE squishy mage :shock:
Here's a suggestion: The WarcraftPets guild could host a "farm Bloody Coins day" where we can make it fun killing each other. No ganking or griefing, just exchanging kills for coins. ;)

On another note, has anyone been able to test this item out on the PTR? As a healer, I'd really love to know if I need the killing blow for a coin or just tag the player.

Adumbledore
Top Rater

Post by Adumbledore » July 28th, 2013, 9:47 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Gwenolyn wrote:/raises hand... oh, oh pick me!!!

Here's a suggestion: The WarcraftPets guild could host a "farm Bloody Coins day" where we can make it fun killing each other. No ganking or griefing, just exchanging kills for coins. ;)

On another note, has anyone been able to test this item out on the PTR? As a healer, I'd really love to know if I need the killing blow for a coin or just tag the player.
That sounds like a cool idea. :) I was wondering the same thing about the killing blows, as my priest only has healing specs.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » July 28th, 2013, 10:24 pm

I haven't been able to purchase the item yet, but just going by observations on the PTR (PVE server), those that had the effect of the item were not hostile to me (I couldn't attack) and I believe none of them were able to attack me. I was not flagged for PVP, so it would seem that you still need to be flagged in order for players under the effect of censer to attack you.

On PVP servers.. anything still goes heh. x_x

I also asked someone with the censer if they needed to get the killing blow, and they said they do not believe you need to get the killing blow. I can't confirm one way or another, but it would make sense if just tagging a player is enough for credit.