Items Disappearing from Bags

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Items Disappearing from Bags

Post by NathKnave » July 27th, 2013, 7:35 am

Recently after completing my circuit of pet battle trainers, I've been noticing my bags seemed a little light when I went to vendor. Yesterday I decided to keep track of what was in my bags during my normal daily circuit. My normal route takes me to all the Pandaria tamers, then I use Blessed Medallion of Karabor to teleport to Shadowmoon Valley, then it's off to Icecrown using Argent Crusader's Tabard, then I use Wrap of Unity to get to Stormwind and use the portals at the Earthshrine to fight the tamers in Mount Hyjal, Deepholm, and Uldum. When I'm all done, I use The Innkeeper's Daughter to head home to the Shrine of Seven Stars.

I kept careful track of what was in my bags the whole time, and I found that every time I used an item to teleport me, all of the grey items in my bags were gone when I arrived. I've only seen this happen with the grey items from the bags of pet supplies that I had gotten from battle pet trainers.

I submitted it as a bug in-game, but I was wondering if anyone else has seen this happen to them.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Items Disappearing from Bags

Post by Peanutty » July 27th, 2013, 2:09 pm

I do the same thing, teleporting around to get to battles faster, but I haven't noticed any vendor trash disappearing. I'll keep a closer eye on it today though and see if I notice anything weird. I assume you don't happen to have one of those addons that vendors greys for you?

Ioi
Pet Score:4334
Realm:Ravenholdt-us

Post by Ioi » July 27th, 2013, 2:40 pm

I noticed the same thing with the grey junk items.

Try logging in and out a few times very quickly on your character that does the dailys. I did this and magically 100s of grey junk items started appearing in my inventory.

Livingdeath
Top Rater
Pet Score:3525
BattleTag®:Doctor#1657
Realm:Lightninghoof-us

Post by Livingdeath » July 27th, 2013, 2:53 pm

I noticed something similar when tilling in Halfhill. I was farming Windwool cloth that wasn't appearing in my bags, but I was still able to access making them into bolts via my tailoring skill. So some items are "invisible". I tried logging in and out several times, a couple times completely, resetting my UI, still didn't help. Next time I see it happen I'll try to disable my addons...

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469

Post by NathKnave » July 27th, 2013, 6:18 pm

When I logged on today my backpack was full of the junk that had disappeared over the last couple of days. I also got back a bunch of Jaggal Clam Meat that I had submitted a bug report about awhile back that disappeared in the same way. It seems like it might be a bug with items that are looted without opening an actual loot window.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » July 27th, 2013, 6:22 pm

Hmm, weird, after I did my usual dailies on alts (didn't see anything disappear from their bags), I logged on my main and found my bags were completely full of grey vendor junk from yesterday's pet battles even though I know I cleared my bags last night. Also nothing was in stacks like usual - I had 2 unstacked hairballs, 3 unstacked tattered collars. Those normally stack themselves as you open bags. So there does seem to be something odd going on.

Strawhatneil
Top Rater
Pet Score:2485
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Strawhatneil » July 27th, 2013, 8:41 pm

This is an actual known bug by blizz, I also found it out while at halfhill when some of the herbs i harvested had disappeared.
"A fix has been applied for this issue, if you're still encountering it please provide a new report. Thanks for your reports and continued patience." is a blue post on the wow forums from 3 hours ago

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245

Post by Gwenolyn » July 28th, 2013, 4:27 pm

I ticketed and got a similar responce as above. I got some of my items magically back, and some in the mail. I quit leaving things in my backpack, and moved them to other bags. Also when mailing things, they wouldn't arrive for several days if mailed from my backpack. Wierd! :lol:

Wink
Pet Score:1494
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Wink » July 28th, 2013, 4:39 pm

This might be a related bug; when taking "auction expired" items from my mailbox and going immediately to the AH to repost, some items are showing as damaged and must be repaired before posting. Anyone else getting this?

I will start being more aware of my battle pet trainer goodies and report back.

Malthred
Pet Score:4030
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Malthred » July 29th, 2013, 3:36 am

I've not seen the grey's disappearing, but since maintenance, i've noticed a serious lack out stones dropping from the bags.

Anyone else noticed this?

Violetfemme
Top Rater
Pet Score:4120
BattleTag®:Violet#1301
Realm:Aegwynn-us

Post by Violetfemme » July 29th, 2013, 5:39 am

Malthred wrote:...i've noticed a serious lack out stones dropping from the bags.

Anyone else noticed this?
Oddly, yes and no. Right after maintenance for a few days, I got no stones, then magically (I think it was on Saturday), I got 3 stones in a row from Pandaria dailies and 2 from the old world dailies. I just thought it was horrible RNG luck and then really great RNG luck...and then Sunday, I got nothing again. It's not odd for me to do all the dailies for a day and see no stones drop, but it is odd for me to do them a few days in a row and see nothing.